Estes | teams

dollar_bill

TB Lurker
Credits
I have heard alot of rumors about Charlotte Nashville and Atlanta putting on a total of 25 teams in all, to run west coast has anyone heard this too.

It would make sense. I know they are running a lot of loads with contractors, using their trailers, to Sacramento, Portland and Seattle. Not the distribution loads but regular LTL freight.

Yea I heard that they are getting rid of all contractors, an putting on teams to run thru atlanta an memphis to lamarada and salt lake, just wondering if anyone else has heard this too.

I heard it was all going to be out and back. Starting in Charlotte then Atlanta then dedicated points far west. Each team doing their own schedule each week.
I also heard the teams will use those new Jevic volvo's

Well we've got about 20 of the new Volvo's sitting at 024.. might be a few more. 3 of them have CA plates.. not sure what that means. I'll have to ask a jockey to take a look and gimme an update. I hope they finally do get rid of the outside carriers and get back to paying our people to do the job. With freight levels dropping fast we shouldn't see any outside carriers. We've had a handful linehaul schedule guys sent home last week due to the lack of freight. So when I hear of V Solid or any of those other carriers running our freight, it makes me wonder.

Are there any intermodal/rail yards near WMX? We've got a quite a few main rail lines near us @ 024... Not knowing the exact amount of freight going from WMX out west, might it be a little more efficient for us to start using the rails? I've always wondered this. I thought for a time we started seeing rail boxes from 041 to us @ 024, but I'm not 100% on that. Then again, if we're going to be putting/keeping our people in jobs with team runs instead of handing off freight to the outsiders... I'm all for that.:smilie_132:

We get a portion of our freight on the rail at 222. I do believe that some is from Chicago. I am not sure what other terminals are putting trailers on the rail to us. It doesn't come in Estes trailers though. It comes in "Alliance Shippers" refer trailers. I think JB Hunt brings in trailers off the rail to us as well. Some of it might be distribution loads. If I remember to, I'll ask around.

On a side note,

I wonder if they are goin to paint the blue tractors black and yellow ? Aren't Jevics' tractors blue ?

They have rail trailers in 135 all the time. I was just thinking that if they open those teams to run west coast an salt lake that I was going to lose my dedicated Denver team run. All we pull is Salt lake freight, sometimes we mite pull a denver , but mostly salt lake or emptys to 164.