Yellow | Teamster freight members ratify yrcw restructuring plan

this WAS a bluff...to all the YES voters...good luck...I voted F**K NO all three times...YRC owns all are asses....Teamsters are DEAD....ABF....be afraid, be very afraid...you are next....we r done. I cannot believe this crap!! This is an absolute joke....Save your jobs????? Pension...I can t believe this crap....Scared little beeotches....stand up and fight these morons. 50 yrs. is an understatement. we will never have another say as long as we exist. 705/710....kudos to you..i know how that vote turned out...bluff??? it was...no proof needed...look at the last 2 "givebacks"...sad....

YRC employees just put the trucking industry back 50 years, I can understand they want a job, but to sell out all the men over the years that sacrificed everything, went on strickes, walkouts, and hung onto their pride to get what we all have today only to have a few, give it all away in one vote. None of you cared what a yes vote will do to all of the trucking industry both union and non union. You only cared about yourself. ( hoary for me and f---k you ). I don't want any of you to come to me whinny about anything.

This is poetic justice in a twisted way. For instance, anyone you talk to says that the union is not needed and all the struggles in the past will be taken into consideration by our god the corporations (ya know they love you labor fellers), they will make sure they provide for their faithful humble employee's.
Fear not, because all those so called labor laws are on the books and no one would dare screw them up (yeah, right).
The unions have their day and are no longer needed (so they say).

Then why is everyone so damn scared about this vote? Hmmm? Could it be, maybe that the entire industry is in for a rude awakening?

We were first but I have to admit we're still here to contend with and won't be gone so quick. But in the mean time get ready for some concessions for the non-union people. But, Hey, let's blame it on those chickens at YRCW.

For years everyone sucked the toes of Ronald Reagan and thought he was the best thing since gravy but look at history and say the same thing when he took office the union employment level was at 28% in the private sector.

Today, it's less than 7% and going down fast.

This was a vote for "Survival" until all the tea bagger freaks can come back to earth and realize reality and see, these corporations have no mind, no heart, no soul, and are only motivated by their lord and saviour called "Profit", and will lie cheat and steal elections to acheive their end in their favor, then we will be all working for third world wages.

I can go on and on but don't really give a $#!T because it will take a complete melt down for people to wake up and quit ki$$ing A$$ of these corporate pigs.

You will not be the CEO and you will not be the owner of a major corp. you are a worker bee and face it, if you don't have a golden spoon in your mouth, it ain't happening dude. Wake up.

Thanks to all that had some common sense in this and not let this company go down in flames!

You will however have changed the lives of many non-unions with this vot by bringing down their rate of pay and with that, maybe (I doubt it though) they will see we still set the standard for the industry... who's next?

Hmmm I'm on a rant but I'm glad to see we wer'nt suckered into voting our jobs out the window....

We are not as strong as we used to be, but.... WE WILL BE BACK AND YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO JOIN IF YOU HAVN'T BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE POLITICIANS!

HA, HA, HA, We still have the last laugh, in the past there were other means to fight, today they have de-nutted us since the great amnesia prez Reagan... but were are here and he is GONE!

th15872.gif
about the crushing defeat bros
shrug.gif
I know you must feel awful
thsad2hz1.gif
..maybe you get a no from the wife tonight eh
smile_13_text.gif

Welcome to the new unionized conway. What a d--mn joke. Good luck to all, we are gonna need it. I can just see it now when layoff starts, people are gonna start saying this is bull i voted no. What a bunch of crap. This vote disgust me. Mr. Hoffa Sr must be rolling in his grave. :452:

Happy Halloween!

I don't know what to say. Guess my shares of YRCW will go up to $4.75 monday, too bad they need to go over $12.00 a share to ever get back some of the money given up to save this company the last time.

Sad, sad day for all the United States of America Teamster Brothers and Sisters... Wish we had a stronger unity like the people over in Europe...The whole world was watching this one to see if the backbone of the American cowboy would crumble...The standards of the industy as we know them are now history .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent post:1036316054::1036316054:....I will always remember this as the day the Teamsters officially died in trucking!!

So true. We all will pay for this decision for many years to come. Not to mention that young kids will no longer want to become truck drivers. Who will deliver the freight in the future?

You all say the yes voters set the union back 50 years right? Where were you all when all these non union companies moved in to town . Funny,I sure didn't see you standing outside their gates organizing them . Guess you were to busy riding your HD's or boating enjoying the life our former brothers and sisters sacrificed

WE were there for OLD DOMINION, OVERNITE ECT... ECT... ECT.... THE INTERNATIONAL F'D THEM ALL UP.... Lost the rights to O.D for taking over a year to organize... White sheet contract to OVERNITE/UPS... SLAP IN THE FACE TO US... The union has been selling us short for years, they even screwed us on stike pay in 1994 against part time workers... and today, our bid list revolves around part time dock workers... pretty soon all drivers will be part timers....YOU WATCH AND SEE... AND WERE WERE YOU?????? ARE YOU PART OF THE 2003 TEAMSTER CAMPAIN???? "THE NEW TEAMSTERS"? SCREW THY BROTHER CAMPAIN ?????? ITS ALL ABOUT THE DUES TODAY... NOT THE WORKER....

I do believe they would have closed the doors if the vote was no. As hard as it is to swallow at least you still have a job. In this economy I wouldn't want to be looking for a job. The trucking industry is going to have to be rebuilt from the ground up before its all said and done. I don't think it is going to end with YRC. It's going to get bad for all the LTL carriers. The union is going to have to be rebuilt along with the trucking industry. That means Hoffa and his clan got to go. We need some one the cares for the working man again.

I think you guys was smart to keep your jobs.

images

ebd7b489.jpg
this will create jobs..it's job security for years to come. The work rules put them as productive as the best non out there and you know who that is. The pension is in the cards now..open your eyes. Will somebody please

images

Hold the Press............ the vote did not go how we wanted it to go!!! I demand a revote till we get the NO vote we want!!! Thats what they did on the 2nd concession with New Penn!! lets turn the table and demand it on this one!!!
That is that same thing that I was thinking. Since they would have ordered another vote, (had it been a no vote) we should be able to order another vote also, hoping to get a no vote the second time around........right?

705/710....that is a true union vote on this B.S.....old school...not chicken SH*T...kudos men....too bad everybody else got their tail up their ass..

Good news is the 25% back into the pension plans will probably fund the current retirees but the bad news is the future retirees will get nothing......Goodluck to all and thanks Trucking Boards for all you do..........:1036316054::1036316054:
Wishful thinking E. We all know that even the 25% will never be put into the fund. Repeat after me........"if we have to put the 25% into the fund in June, we will have no choice but to shut the doors".

why do we hear everyone say no, and then they always vote yes? i have heard old teamsters say its always been that way. i just hate that we give all of this back and we will never get it back. ownership in a company with no money= ownership in nothing. when i get those stock papers in the mail showing what my shares are worth they say $0. oh well i walked away on layoff as a man. guess i will keep on going elsewhere for more money. good luck guys hope you make it cause im done. thanks kk, jeff for the good work. electraglide. it was great riding around the city in my old brigadier and ford city tractors with you around Atlanta. head hanging low walking away

It sounds like most of the yes voters think that everything will be just perfect here, now that they got the yes vote. I think that everyone is forgetting that the banks still hold the cards, and we still can't pay our bills......and here comes the slow season.

why do we hear everyone say no, and then they always vote yes? i have heard old teamsters say its always been that way. i just hate that we give all of this back and we will never get it back. ownership in a company with no money= ownership in nothing. when i get those stock papers in the mail showing what my shares are worth they say $0. oh well i walked away on layoff as a man. guess i will keep on going elsewhere for more money. good luck guys hope you make it cause im done. thanks kk, jeff for the good work. electraglide. it was great riding around the city in my old brigadier and ford city tractors with you around Atlanta. head hanging low walking away

I would like to inform any YRC employee with the stock grants to read the fine print on the statement. The employee has to either call or set up an account and "accept" the stock grants before they show up physically on the statement.

Wishful thinking E. We all know that even the 25% will never be put into the fund. Repeat after me........"if we have to put the 25% into the fund in June, we will have no choice but to shut the doors".

No more like Pension will not accept 25% all or nothing YRC/Hoffa "not our fault"