Yellow | Teamster freight members ratify yrcw restructuring plan

YRC employees just put the trucking industry back 50 years, I can understand they want a job, but to sell out all the men over the years that sacrificed everything, went on strickes, walkouts, and hung onto their pride to get what we all have today only to have a few, give it all away in one vote. None of you cared what a yes vote will do to all of the trucking industry both union and non union. You only cared about yourself. ( hoary for me and f---k you ). I don't want any of you to come to me whinny about anything.

Wow, my family says thanks for the f--k you!
This was an agonizing decision for everyone involved, yes i thought of myself and my family this go around as we need the insurance for me to start chemo for lymphoma. We figured that the insurance and treatments to try to keep me around a while longer is best for my family at this time, I'm sorry I've let you down, God bless you and yours despite your anger and hatred.

Wow, my family says thanks for the f--k you!
This was an agonizing decision for everyone involved, yes i thought of myself and my family this go around as we need the insurance for me to start chemo for lymphoma. We figured that the insurance and treatments to try to keep me around a while longer is best for my family at this time, I'm sorry I've let you down, God bless you and yours despite your anger and hatred.
Good luck to you friend.

The ecomomy is not coming back... too much factual information America is bankrupt. That's why I kept asking myself how I would have voted had I still been there. Which I could have, I just got tired of the constant threats! The best thing I found was a Teamster white paper job, $16.50 a hour & $50.00 a week for medical. I was getting 20-30 hours overtime now thats been cut too, with Obama care we just recieved notice that so far it is gonna cost my employer 1.8 million a year more.. So they are going to pass those cuts to us at contract time. At least you guys still have free medical. That will be your next concession vote... In addition if you find a job out here, most of the medical for a family out of pocket was $400-$700 a month again "your costs". Eventhough I agree you went back 50 years, shutting the doors would have been much worse...

YRC employees just put the trucking industry back 50 years, I can understand they want a job, but to sell out all the men over the years that sacrificed everything, went on strickes, walkouts, and hung onto their pride to get what we all have today only to have a few, give it all away in one vote. None of you cared what a yes vote will do to all of the trucking industry both union and non union. You only cared about yourself. ( hoary for me and f---k you ). I don't want any of you to come to me whinny about anything.

Amen, couldn't have said it better myself. Decades of hard work and sacrifices for the betterment of jobs flushed right down the :shit:ter.

I voted no, but what I want to know is, with all of the people on this forum saying they voted no, then how did this pass? Like my BA said "ask 250 people and they will tell you they didn't vote for this, but it passes." Go figure.

Good news is the 25% back into the pension plans will probably fund the current retirees but the bad news is the future retirees will get nothing......Goodluck to all and thanks Trucking Boards for all you do..........:1036316054::1036316054:

Just curious, If they mailed 39,000 ballots to union employees, and passage saves 25,000 union jobs. Does that mean they are cutting 14,000 more? It would'nt suprise me. LOL

Good news is the 25% back into the pension plans will probably fund the current retirees but the bad news is the future retirees will get nothing......Goodluck to all and thanks Trucking Boards for all you do..........:1036316054::1036316054:
electra, I do not dislike you, but that was a cruel thing to say today, even thou it may or many not be true. Shame on you.

You all say the yes voters set the union back 50 years right? Where were you all when all these non union companies moved in to town . Funny,I sure didn't see you standing outside their gates organizing them . Guess you were to busy riding your HD's or boating enjoying the life our former brothers and sisters sacrificed

Well it was only a matter of time. Everyone knew it would happen. Mr. Hoffa and his ccronies have officially F@#$%^D us. Get ready to be treated like S&*(T by every member of management. PLEASE REMEMBER THIS COME ELECTION TIME. The boys at Holland in KC I hoped you removed your spineless company man steward.

Lets make it clear it is the City steward not Road

To all the Yes voters; Congratulations. You have a job... for now. You used to have one of the most coveted, best, jobs in the trucking industry, you now have the worst. You now make just about the least amount of money, your work rules suck and now they can change them whenever they feel the need, and there's still no guarantee that YRC will be around in June to start contributing the 25% to your pension fund. But you have a job, or, you go to work or have someplace to go during the day. The Yes voters have taken the trucking industry back 50 years. How can the Teamsters ever expect to organize any other company after this! To the NO Voters, I thank you for taking a stand, for looking beyond your next paycheck and having a set of nuts, for ALL the trucking industry and ALL labor in general. I understand there might be special circumstances why some guys voted yes, and those guys I offer my prayers for good health but, if Yellow goes out in 5 months, you'll be in the same boat only 5 months later. I'm disappointed in the vote to say the least. When I'm backed in at a dock and a YRC guy backs in next to me, I now have to view him in a different light as far as work is concerned. Sorry to say, I thought it would never come to this.

Well said pipe layer. As a 23 year Teamster at 3 companies and 10 terminals. Now at a non union outfit.. This vote is going to screw the rest of the business. Whats the top pay at YRC now? 15 something an hour. Only a matter of time before the rest of the industry desides YRC has an "unfair advantage and needs to adjust wages accordingly". Some bullsh!t like that will be coming soon.

It doesn't have to be that way. It is a choice that we can all make.

Not sure how many years you have in. I had 13 years at Roadway, and divide and conquer was exactly how it was !!! Everytime you thought they were playing fair , the labor people got screwed !!! Management took their "pets" and yes men, and pitted them against Teamsters. Divide and conquer has always been there, and now they got their way. It won't stop there, work rules will be trampled and the union will be unwilling to step in. Buckle your Seatbelts, it's going to be a Bumpy ride !!!!

To all the Yes voters; Congratulations. You have a job... for now. You used to have one of the most coveted, best, jobs in the trucking industry, you now have the worst. You now make just about the least amount of money, your work rules suck and now they can change them whenever they feel the need, and there's still no guarantee that YRC will be around in June to start contributing the 25% to your pension fund. But you have a job, or, you go to work or have someplace to go during the day. The Yes voters have taken the trucking industry back 50 years. How can the Teamsters ever expect to organize any other company after this! To the NO Voters, I thank you for taking a stand, for looking beyond your next paycheck and having a set of nuts, for ALL the trucking industry and ALL labor in general. I understand there might be special circumstances why some guys voted yes, and those guys I offer my prayers for good health but, if Yellow goes out in 5 months, you'll be in the same boat only 5 months later. I'm disappointed in the vote to say the least. When I'm backed in at a dock and a YRC guy backs in next to me, I now have to view him in a different light as far as work is concerned. Sorry to say, I thought it would never come to this.

Excellent post:1036316054::1036316054:....I will always remember this as the day the Teamsters officially died in trucking!!