Teamster health care

I don't quite understand what kind of insurance your looking for. The Teamster health care coverage spans anything that needs medical treatment, be it at a hospital or just a doctors visit. Two examples come to mind, when my children were born, the Teamster plan covered all the expenses, doctoring, hospital stay, basically everything except the phone and TV. When I was injured in an accident, all those expenses were covered also. If you are referring to the additional coverage offered at New Century through those other plans not included in your basic coverage then I would have to say no. I'm not sure if they ( the union ) , offer that additional coverage above what you will receive for free if you have representation.

You're telling me that the Union is promising me free health insurance that will cover any cost and treatment? cancer, broken bones, doctor's visits? where is the money going to come from? what company would agree to that? it sounds like a pipe dream

Stop telling people to be quiet because they don't agree with you, that goes for the lot of you. It's immature and doesn't take the conversation anywhere. Welcome to the real world where people want to have debates with other people.

RICHARD---CORRECT---THATS WHY THERES A VOTE DEC 10----Why does everyone forget about the 30% plus who is in favor....fyi...thats alot of people and BTW there are many others who need to know the benefits---Remember the "PEOPLE" went to the UNION !! and why ?

not a pipe dream. It will actually cover more than what is covered under your current plan at New Century, will lower co-pays for doctor visits and the like. Understand this plan is a nationwide blanket plan that covers all Teamsters. The cost to New Century will be much cheaper than the plan they are paying for now because the enlistment is much much higher throughout the entire country. In essence New Century will be saving money on this plan.

Richy, obviously you just love to hear yourself talk, believe me or not, I'm just trying to help you understand. Constantly disputing what I say serves no purpose other than giving you an ego. If you really want to better your lifestyle vote yes, if not then be happy with what you have.with no chance of getting ahead. No matter what is said you always seem to find YOUR reason it's not truthful. Go back to your cubicle and do some work before you may find yourself on the same side of the fence as Mike.

your right a small group went to the union to make a statement, but i dont think it represents the views of all...

and at least richie is out there driving, not retired...sitting on here spamming it up everyday

Richy, obviously you just love to hear yourself talk.

you're right, lots of of big thoughts swirling around. But at least someone has finally answered me so I know what I'm dealing with. What you're describing is really no different than any other plan of that size. Hell, NCT could do it themselves.

comes out of nowhere to call someone a troll...might be a troll himself...

no response for the #of LTL carriers pushed out of business by unions? do you see a pattern?

The unions didn't put the companies out of business, BAD MGMT put the companies out. Not changing to trends put the companies out. See a pattern?

you're right, lots of of big thoughts swirling around. But at least someone has finally answered me so I know what I'm dealing with. What you're describing is really no different than any other plan of that size. Hell, NCT could do it themselves.
They didn't do it...our Medical Benefits are more!!! During the meeting they said no one want to insure NCT...hmmm

everyones medical went up, do you think we are all on a separate medical plan?

we get the same as the office people, dock people, sales and everyone else

The unions didn't put the companies out of business, BAD MGMT put the companies out. Not changing to trends put the companies out. See a pattern?

if the union is supposed to counteract bad management, why is it that companies with "bad management" that unionized still went under?

They didn't do it...our Medical Benefits are more!!! During the meeting they said no one want to insure NCT...hmmm

what?

While NCT sounds like they have issues, the cure is not the teamsters union.
Look at the facts, the teamsters have killed every single LTL member in their NMFA.
Not a single carrier, either a small family operated/owned or huge corporation has ever survived after being infected by the teamsters. None nada zippo.... the remaining 2 are on life support.....

NCT employees need to think then vote......
ups makes billions every year and we are teamsters for 100years now

if the union is supposed to counteract bad management, why is it that companies with "bad management" that unionized still went under?

what?
NCT said during one of the Driver meetings that they had a hard time finding someone to insure us. I don't know why...but it was said.

Now is the time to get together the drivers that are undecided to vote yes. We want to be represented by Teamster 107 so NCT won't continue to run us over anymore! Vote YES!!!!!

The Teamster policy will cover you no matter where you get hurt or need treatment ,and its a very good policy.I have had numerous operations and tests, and I just sign my name,no out of pocket. To see my primary Dr. is only $20.00

Puff Driver thats not true. I work for a family owned carrier that's been with the teamster's a long time and they are doing very well.

ups makes billions every year and we are teamsters for 100years now

"United Parcel Service Inc. UPS -0.16% is caught in a rift between the leadership of the Teamsters union and its rank-and-file members over labor contracts, a development that could unnerve corporate shippers and hurt its holiday shipping business.
By
Betsy Morris
Sept. 30, 2013 6:26 p.m. ET"

yeah, they still have problems with the union too

The Teamster policy will cover you no matter where you get hurt or need treatment ,and its a very good policy.I have had numerous operations and tests, and I just sign my name,no out of pocket. To see my primary Dr. is only $20.00

wait, so you do pay money upfront when you visit your doctor?