Teamster health care

joes bar and grill i forgot to list my sources

Information prepared by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Economics Department Report written by Norman Weintraub, then Chief Economist of the IBT, and Transport Topics,

there are many more but those seem to fit the bill well

I worked for Riteway Express and the exact thing happened to me thanks to Carter. Teamsters were not the cause. Jbusy12...you weren't there to give those facts. If that was the case I wouldn't want to be in the teamsters again...see the light my man!

joes bar and grill i forgot to list my sources

Information prepared by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Economics Department Report written by Norman Weintraub, then Chief Economist of the IBT, and Transport Topics,

there are many more but those seem to fit the bill well
Well then they are wrong. don't really care just trying to set the record straight

regardless its not a stellar record of keeping people employed overall, if your going to come in and directly effect how a company does business its not going to have the best outcome ...

Darksky where's NCT's promise in writing? Teamster's promise to be your voice...they don't know what our issues are yet. What do you want in writing? They can only promise us that they will represent us right now. Everyone says they don't want a third party representing them...are you going to represent yourself to NCT? You'll get nowhere. God help us if the union doesn't get voted in...they are going to murder us

I am a former Jevic driver,left just before they closed and took a teamster job. The dues are well worth the health care. On Nov 11 of this year my wife had shoulder surgery the bill was $40,000 I paid $125.00 wiil NCT benefits do that for you?

Thanks Headcover, but the guys that are against the union will not budge. Because they are either NCT management or they just don't get it!! Anything else you can enlighten us with we would appreciate it...

Everybody stop answering darksky at this point he's obviously a no vote or magmnt
He keeps asking the same questions over and over and over!!!!
Nct has nothing in writing for you now!! So if you don't want the unions help vote no and go away!!!
Hope everyone stops answering him it's getting old...

Also cards signed is to show that the employees want union representation there has to be an election
With the labor board present!!! Dope!!!! Son!!!! You guys are clueless

really? your response to him challenging you is to say that he has no opinion or say? come on now, I don't do that to you do I? Have some common courtesy. And to be honest, your whole "Rah rah! Union is great!" gets old ;) at least he actually posts numbers and try to discuss things, you just go on to another topic, why is that?

Richard they are just completely Full of it, Saying they have 65% with no grounds to realize it wouldnt even go to vote at that high...

Just complete union Moles laying back and badmouthing everything to divide us up

For example, it is unlawful for a union or employer to tell employees that they will be fired when the union gets in if they don't sign a card. Employees should also beware of union propaganda that claims, "We already have a majority of signed cards, and we want you to sign in order to show the employer that we really have a unanimous workforce." If the union truly had a majority of signed cards, it would likely have already demanded exclusive representation status from the employer, and would not be wasting its time collecting more signatures.

What are my rights if the union is conducting a "Card Check" organizing drive at my workplace? | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

Just saying.

Here's the facts from NLRB: "To start the election process, a petition must be filed with the nearest NLRB Regional Office showing interest in the union from at least 30% of employees. NLRB agents will then investigate to make sure the Board has jurisdiction, the union is qualified, and there are no existing labor contracts that would bar an election." So that bein said, the Union has at least 30% of the vote, the Union is qualified, and there are no existing labor contracts. VOTE YES!

right thats true, AMAZING but if you had an overwhelming majority/ or 50% right then and there you wouldnt even be having this discussion with me, you would already be given executive representation

maybe you should learn how to use the internet, you must be that sipple character reading only what the UNION puts in front of you

The current method for workers to form a union in a particular workplace in the United States is a sign-up then an election process. In that, a petition or an authorization card with the signatures of at least 30% of the employees requesting a union is submitted to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), who then verifies and orders a secret ballot election. Two exceptions exist.

THE EXAMPLE YOU ARE ARGUING ABOUT IS BELOW

If over 50% of the employees sign an authorization card requesting a union, the secret ballot election can be waived and just recognize the union.

darksky, what has New Century promised you...a job????? Did they ever promise you a raise????? Did they ever promise you lower healthcare costs???? If you are not making top rate did they ever promise you that you will??????? Did they ever promise you a run based on seniority????? Did they ever even post a seniority list so you would know where you stood to possible get a start time and run consistent to your years of service?????? Are you that naive to believe that New Century will reward all of you for NOT voting the union in???? Be prepared because if this doesn't go through, once again you will open to major changes that THEY CAN IMPLEMENT with no recourse from you. Good luck with all New Century's empty promises... they are in the driver's seat!

1. the union promises free health insurance, not health care
2. what kind of coverage is up in the air, for all we know, the insurance might just cover a doctor's visit and hangnail removal... not really useful if I get into an accident
3. the healthier NCT gets, the better it is for employees
4. a company cannot just randomly change a signed contract

Again... I know, your a no vote!!!! Again... silence doesn't make you look stupid!!!

Stop telling people to be quiet because they don't agree with you, that goes for the lot of you. It's immature and doesn't take the conversation anywhere. Welcome to the real world where people want to have debates with other people.