Yellow | Teamsters: ABF Lawsuit Frivolous And Without Merit

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
November 1, 2010

On Monday, November 1 the Teamsters Union received copies of a grievance and a lawsuit filed by ABF Freight Systems, Inc. (ABF) in federal court in Arkansas against the Teamsters and other parties, alleging that the agreements the union entered into and that its members ratified with YRC Worldwide, Inc. violate the National Master Freight Agreement (NMFA).

“After initial review of the ABF lawsuit and grievance, the Teamsters Union finds each of them to be frivolous and without merit,” said Brad Raymond, Teamsters Union General Counsel. “The Teamsters will vigorously defend against the lawsuit and grievance and will withhold further comment until we have thoroughly reviewed the documents.”

Teamsters: ABF Lawsuit Frivolous And Without Merit | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

We can only hope so. A company that borrows so much money and then cheats its employees out of money, doesn't deserve to be in business.

ABF has a problem. They not only have the highest cost structure in the land by far but they have no debt and they know the employees could care less about cost structure so a vote may be a waste of time. Now they get crazy and desperate and cry unfair with the courts

oh well what the hell​

Many of the other employees I know feel the same way, the others don't care what I think. I do not really care whether or not they stay in business, I am saying that they do not deserve to be. I do care that they do not make there contributions to H&W when they are suppose to. I care that I had to check every pay statement closely and try and keep track of what they shorted me and then have to fill out paperwork to get paid and keep track of it all. I do care when they short my pay, even though I have one of there little slips that is suppose to show what they put in the computer. If they put the time in the computer, how is it possible that it does not show on the paycheck?

When actually all they had to do was wait a bit longer
ABF_Watching.gif
YRC_Poof.gif

The original contract was agreed to by all parties and voted on by all members. YRC then amended the contract for themselves and voted on by its (self worthless) members. Any idiot can see that, YRC bailed out on this. So now ABF and its members are stuck with something that YRC and its members agreed to as a group along with ABF. So explain how it is fair for ABF to have to follow a contract that YRC bosses signed off on, YRC mebers voted for, and YRC is no longer part of.

Q
Many of the other employees I know feel the same way, the others don't care what I think. I do not really care whether or not they stay in business, I am saying that they do not deserve to be. I do care that they do not make there contributions to H&W when they are suppose to. I care that I had to check every pay statement closely and try and keep track of what they shorted me and then have to fill out paperwork to get paid and keep track of it all. I do care when they short my pay, even though I have one of there little slips that is suppose to show what they put in the computer. If they put the time in the computer, how is it possibe that it does not show on the paycheck?
Quit!!!!!!!!

Will quit if and when i feel like it. Just saying YRC is not a union company, I have worked for union companies and they did not short my pay. YRC doesn't short my pay either, but they do try. I'd rather wait until they go broke, so I can file unemployment.

If Abf felt that amending the contract was wrong then why did they not go this lawsuit route first instead of having there own round of voting??? Yrc problems are it's own and there's plenty of non union carriers operating paying much less so I figure this is more an attack against Abf workers then Yrc but what do I know

If Abf felt that amending the contract was wrong then why did they not go this lawsuit route first instead of having there own round of voting??? Yrc problems are it's own and there's plenty of non union carriers operating paying much less so I figure this is more an attack against Abf workers then Yrc but what do I know

:1036316054:...............

Kingfishcafe is right..YRC can counter with the facts that..#1..Why did ABF wait until the 3rd round of concessions to squawk? Past Practice may come into play here.
#2..ABF tried to get their own round of concessions but their finances did not warrant it after Teamsters reviewed their books.
#3.All YRC needs to say is that they will keep their rates the same as ABF.