Yellow | Teamsters and YRCW Reach Tentative Agreement

Keep in mind how much money can be saved by YRCW if:

Possibility # 1. Major "work rule changes" are allowed to take place. Company limits are removed. (34 hour restart rule, road drivers dropping & hooking themselves, road drivers doing unlimited drops between terminals and so on. You name the rule and it may be changed to save the company money.)

Possibility # 2. Maximum weeks of Vacation, "Vacation Limits".

Possibility # 3. Reduced or elimination of "Sick Days".

When you're taking it from so many people it adds up very fast.

This is just to give you an ideal of "other ways" for YRCW to get the money they want.

I agree with benny. Get those lazy line haul guys to do a little work. Let us work the dock,( we could lay off maybe 5000 dock workers ) Let us drop & hook ourself, ( could lay off 3,000 switchers. ) Unlimited stops in town and the rail, ( we could almost get rid of all city drivers.. ) with all this extra work we could give back 3 weeks vacation. 2 weeks a year is enough for anybody. give up all sick days. road drivers don"t get sick. We have a 100% yes vote from line haul people. Join with us brothers

That is exactly what will happen. You will be un-employed. When you vote, vote to keep your job or vote to be un-employed. It is as simple as that. I suggest for anyone that in the meantime. Look for another job. Fill out the applications and go through the interview process. Post resume's online. See what happens. If your happy with the results, then vote yourself a job or out of one.
I personally am amazed at the people who say that they are voting "NO", and they have not even seen the offer. It is pure ignorance. My opinion and I am sticking with it.

You left out reorginizing under bankruptcuy. Every body wins. thats there plan all along. yrcw is the biggest trucking there is.THERE WILL BE NO CLOSING OF THE DOORS. They will come out debt free and strong. Living in total fear will be gone. Sounds like your voteing yes out of fear pressure. And you haven not even read it. Your voting yes on what? Give up health care, give up pension, minumin wage is fine to hell with everyone else long as I have a job

Shippers do not ship with carriers in bankruptcy.
What's left to reorganize, most of the property was sold off at fire sale prices, looking at what we sold even the 04 4400's for there isn't any value in the equipment.
Guarantee Chapter 11 will reorganize the contract, to what a Federal Judge wants it to be. Anybody think that'll be better?

This scare tactic doesn't work with me.
Even though our freight levels are way down, this company still moves a massive amount of America's freight.
If this place closes the freight does not go away, it will go some where. If this place closes there will be jobs to have regardless if you came from a union company or not. There will be such a big influx of freight in the system that all companies will be hiring drivers to grab all they can.

If you gut my health care & pension, take my vacation away, cut my pay, I might as well work at another company that the managements goal is to keep the doors open.
My vote is no on anymore concessions. The members have given back 100's of millions of dollars in pay & benifits & each time upper mangement said this is all we need to not only survive, but thrive.
I'll ride this piece of garbage to the bottom.
Also:
They told the ABF workers they would close the doors if they voted their givebacks down. F EM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shippers do not ship with carriers in bankruptcy.
What's left to reorganize, most of the property was sold off at fire sale prices, looking at what we sold even the 04 4400's for there isn't any value in the equipment.
Guarantee Chapter 11 will reorganize the contract, to what a Federal Judge wants it to be. Anybody think that'll be better?

nobody wants to ship with yrcw now,because of the uncertendy. If they file to reorgenize, the shippers understand the bankruptcy laws, they will flock to us. we are the biggest trucking there is. There will be no selling of property. comon stock first to go. company plus 500 million. now here is why company wants us to pay there bills. next to go perfered stocks ( the kind only bill and them get ) 1 plus billion more for company. corpret bonds next arround 2 billion plus company. judge orders big shots must surrender golden parachuts. bill will lose his 10 million servance pay. banks are ordered to forget debt, in turn they get to right off up to 3 times the loss in taxes. they actually make money. now the company is clear & free. Still the largest trucking in the world. They get a clean start and only goes up. Nobody misses a days work. Do not confuse reorganize, with closing shop like cf. we all seen that coming when they put there non union company next to all the union termals and slowly move to non union

Flock to us?
Just like they flocked to all the carriers in the past who filed? And just how many of them survived?

Not one other carrier filed to reorganize. There is chapter 7,11, & 13. Like cf it filled to desolve its business and move all its work to its non union carrier. no one shipped with cf but its non union carrier pick up a lot of freight. Reorganize means staying in business not shuting down. Don't forget yrcw is 4 or 5 times larger than those small companys. your dealing with the biggest trucking in the world. Everyone knows after reorganizing the company will only grow. the banks and leanders know the money they will make backing a debt free company. when the shippers hear reorganize thet know yrcw is here to stay. Yes they will flock to the biggest,debt free stable company there is YRCW. Don't let the yes voters scare you with there lies. Eather way the vote goes YRCW will reorginize in 2011. Bottom line its the only way we can stay in business