Yellow | Teamsters and YRCW Reach Tentative Agreement

I agree. it's ridiculous to send everyone to Dallas if it is a done deal!

where do you think all the give backs are going? for all the perks. golden parachutes? large corpeat bonuses. the company is recovering and will make it with out any more give backs. they just want to keep all there perks

To my understanding just the basics.they will honor they're agreement on paying into the pension fund in January 2011

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind how much money can be saved by YRCW if:

Possibility # 1. Major "work rule changes" are allowed to take place. Company limits are removed. (34 hour restart rule, road drivers dropping & hooking themselves, road drivers doing unlimited drops between terminals and so on. You name the rule and it may be changed to save the company money.)

Possibility # 2. Maximum weeks of Vacation, "Vacation Limits".

Possibility # 3. Reduced or elimination of "Sick Days".

When you're taking it from so many people it adds up very fast.

This is just to give you an ideal of "other ways" for YRCW to get the money they want.

php6iF625PM.jpg

ya,copy that and add road drivers doing some dock work.

the mother of all give backs gotta total $350M unless it was negotiated down

how low can you go
facepalm.png
but it will right the ship till better days ahead

road drivers won't
go
for
it​

If they have have a tenative agreement why leave us in the dark another week? Why not get it out to us so we can start our bitching and complaining? :ranting2:

If they have have a tenative agreement why leave us in the dark another week? Why not get it out to us so we can start our bitching and complaining? :ranting2:

stock price went up friday in after hours trading, the wealthy figured they could rippoff some more sucker investors.

I wont even read what BS that was "TA" upon if it's a deal that is longer then 1 year!!! WHY (if there is something they want from us) does it need to be such long term?? RUMOR....."No pension payment until 2015"??? This needs to be looked at on a year to year bases NOT a 5 year deal! The way I see it, you want more from me? SHUT THE DOORS! I CAN and WILL find another job!

Heck, some of these yard men have been giving their work away for years! They will do anything to avoid having to work. To be fair there are some that run like a well oiled machine. They drop you out before you can un hook your radio.

What kind of $$$$$$$$$$ givebacks are we going to have to give ????????? and what kind of Givebacks is Hoffa and the rest of the union boys taking ?????? ask your local B.A. how much all the union upper people are giving back ????? if we giveback then so should Hoffa & Johnson !!!!!!

yea some work rule changes coming maybe ,no O.T. pay ?? maybe that linehaul & city drivers can do each others jobs ??? maybe 5% more pay giveback ????pretty much YRC says jump and Hoffa says how high !!!!!!

agreement

If management can't make a profit with all the give backs in place, why should we give another dime? Why don't they cut there salaries & lay off more management? If they were so concerned about us workers, why give Wicks the money he received while we are suffering? The banks want to make money, and management will do what it takes to please the lenders at our expense. Job cuts, lower wages, health care etc. They want to move the freight with less employees. Customers suffer & we lose more business. There are no guarantees concerning the economy.

I don't see where it said they was gonna re-enter the pension plans at full rate........... They could be talking about half of what they are supposed to be paying or less........... Plus other things, who knows..........

I don't see where it said they was gonna re-enter the pension plans at full rate........... They could be talking about half of what they are supposed to be paying or less........... Plus other things, who knows..........

yes and you're paying the other half

If you were Zollars and the Board of Directors, knowing that that the rank and file are on the run and willing to give just about anything to save their job, what would you do? Would you try to show immediate results? Would you string it out for awhile just holding the company head above water to see how far you could take it? I think being in that position, the latter is the prudent course. Another 6 months or a year of just barely making it and he'll have us down to $10 an hour, no work rules, no pension, and huge co-pays on healthcare. Working conditions destroyed forever. Things given away will never return in total, no matter how profitable the company becomes.

I have no vote - just like to keep up with things since I retired from ABF - praying that you guys can hang in there - the non-union carriers do not take care of their employees & have eroded the business of the union truck lines - the union truck lines have been unable to compete because they DO pay a fair wage to their employees plus benefits & pension plan - thus their cost of doing business is much greater. At this point, to me anyway, the IBT has been screwing their members for many years now, at least on the LTL trucking side, with their repeated sell outs to UPS. So unfortunately you're right guys, prepare for the worst.

Hi Scrabble,
I know and feel your mistrust and by experience I know you are right on. I want to suggest only because I'm now retired, but please consider this angle first. The company will never change
but if they ask for another cut in pay say $10 a week. I would rather make $13 to $15 per hour than nothing. Jobs are hard to come by right now. Stay on the payroll at all cost and maybe something will open up a little down the road. Good Luck to all of you.
P.S. Don't count on Local 745 helping

Sure glad that you are retired! To all working that think like jugs, please give your ballot to an A B F employee. At least there is one group of teamsters that still have their spines

Sure glad that you are retired! To all working that think like jugs, please give your ballot to an A B F employee. At least there is one group of teamsters that still have their spines

Was ABF 1.2 BILLION dollars in debt ( now 1.7 billion ) ? A lot of people forget comparing the two is like apples to oranges , night to day . IF YRC had NO DEBT you can bet a lot of people would have voted different .

Fraud

If you were Zollars and the Board of Directors, knowing that that the rank and file are on the run and willing to give just about anything to save their job, what would you do? Would you try to show immediate results? Would you string it out for awhile just holding the company head above water to see how far you could take it? I think being in that position, the latter is the prudent course. Another 6 months or a year of just barely making it and he'll have us down to $10 an hour, no work rules, no pension, and huge co-pays on healthcare. Working conditions destroyed forever. Things given away will never return in total, no matter how profitable the company becomes.

What you are alleging is called fraud. I am certain that no one in Overland Park is willing to go to prison just to keep the numbers down. Also keep in mind the Union has been looking at the numbers ever since last year. It would be hard for them to defraud the members and the shareholders with such scrutiny. JMO

WHEN or if EVER will the concessions STOP ?? this is the 3rd round of givebacks, what will the 4th round of givebacks be next October 2011 ?? and 5th round in 2012 and so on !!!!!!!!!!!! and why should we do it when the Chicago Boys are still only giving back 10% ????????????????? seems to be alot of funny numbers and crooks doing these so called deals ???????

What you are alleging is called fraud. I am certain that no one in Overland Park is willing to go to prison just to keep the numbers down. Also keep in mind the Union has been looking at the numbers ever since last year. It would be hard for them to defraud the members and the shareholders with such scrutiny. JMO

Have no fear Zollars just called his buddy,Bernie Madoff for a few pointers!!!

Let's not foget If this co. goes under and no more potential contributions into funds or local the gov't takes over, fund siezed and checks go to 1/3 for retirees collecting already.( i,m not retired) Let's think about them and their sacrifices. Yes I blame the int'l for not organizing the competition. But if we go out there is alot more involved than we realize. We can always get something back if we are here to get it. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!