Yellow | Teamsters and YRCW Reach Tentative Agreement

In the years I worked for Roadway they never once cheated anyone out of anything you had coming. They are restoring the pension..to what degree we don't know yet.

This $350M concession they want that would run until March 2015, nearly five years-two years beyond the the contract could total the $350M in wage concessions that are already in place (15% pay cut) In other words there would be no further cuts.
29.gif
You go to March 2015 with what you're making now plus the pension and negotiated up from there in March 2015.
28.gif

In the years I worked for Roadway they never once cheated anyone out of anything you had coming. They are restoring the pension..to what degree we don't know yet.

This $350M concession they want that would run until March 2015, nearly five years-two years beyond the the contract could total the $350M in wage concessions that are already in place (15% pay cut) In other words there would be no further cuts.
29.gif
You go to March 2015 with what you're making now plus the pension and negotiated up from there in March 2015.
28.gif

While your guess is as good as the next, something bothers me. Would the IBT call for Zollars head if he had'nt insulted em again?

:17113:We have all been insulted, and screwed. This started with a joke of a contract, then the first concession, then the second concession, and now this. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. The company needs to sink or swim. Sorry, but this is bull. I dont want to be out of a job, but when I open my check, and see the equity crap, its a kick in the sack. I know that I'm going to catch alot of flack for this, and rightfully so. But like I said, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!:17113:

Ecspecially when you see youR federal withholdings.almost as much as the equity wage totals.just keep beating the dog to death

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk

If you were Zollars and the Board of Directors, knowing that that the rank and file are on the run and willing to give just about anything to save their job, what would you do? Would you try to show immediate results? Would you string it out for awhile just holding the company head above water to see how far you could take it? I think being in that position, the latter is the prudent course. Another 6 months or a year of just barely making it and he'll have us down to $10 an hour, no work rules, no pension, and huge co-pays on healthcare. Working conditions destroyed forever. Things given away will never return in total, no matter how profitable the company becomes.

They are called company boys or union *****. There are very few real teamsters around these days

What you are alleging is called fraud. I am certain that no one in Overland Park is willing to go to prison just to keep the numbers down. Also keep in mind the Union has been looking at the numbers ever since last year. It would be hard for them to defraud the members and the shareholders with such scrutiny. JMO
Creative accounting happens everyday in the corporate world. How many prosecutions have you seen. What do you see that appears to be a concerted effort to improve results. Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see anything substantial going on other than the "tin cup" approach.

While your guess is as good as the next, something bothers me. Would the IBT call for Zollars head if he had'nt insulted em again?

yes sir, politics. Somebody has to be the fall guy

Zollars took a shot at the big time

ya gotta love a high-roller even tho they lose most of the time

he won't get an ounce of credit for making the biggest comeback in history

there are over 11 million lost jobs since the recession started '07

this is part of that but there are still 30,000 or so still making a $ check @ YRC

only a no vote could beat Zollars

php6iF625PM.jpg
of course it will also add 30,000 to the lost jobs list​

pension funds are screwing us worse than yrc

i am in the nys pension fund and would prefer not to reenter I would be better off with one dollar an hour in 401 then get back in this fund fund trustees are robbing us blind to fill there own retirements YRC should offer 401 and grt our mney out of the hands of these self serving scumbags''''''

i am in the nys pension fund and would prefer not to reenter I would be better off with one dollar an hour in 401 then get back in this fund fund trustees are robbing us blind to fill there own retirements YRC should offer 401 and grt our mney out of the hands of these self serving scumbags''''''

401K ? Self serving scumbags? What do you think Wall street is.Good luck retiring with a 401K,THAT IS ANOTHER SCAM THE GOVERNMENT FORCED UPON US.

I agree with you 1000%, biggest bunch of trash to walk the face of the state. A local pos president collecting $120,000 a year pension, free lifetime medical is outrageous. Wonder if hes one of the PsOS in Bell, CA now. Tell me how a regular guy that started back in the early 60s gets a 5-5500 dollar a month pension with those kind of contributions back then. These scum put the entire pension system in meltdown for their own personal gain, let alone the massive salaries and benefits they paid themselves for decades!
But like AZ says too, 401s and IRAs are screwed big time also. Just wait till the government takes them over, by force and gives you treasury retirement bonds paying 3% and decides what age you retire and keeps I think 50% whats left if you die, did you read their plans? The stock market has become the mother of all ponzi schemes now and I wouldn't have a wooden nickel in that thing now. Goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG Yank View Post

turboj
I agree with you 1000%, biggest bunch of trash to walk the face of the state. A local pos president collecting $120,000 a year pension, free lifetime medical is outrageous.

the two bro's from NY are entitled to their delusions..the trustees are not robbing anything. The Teamsters union and pension are overlooked by a federal government oversight board. If a dollar is missing somebody is going to jail. Teamster retirees 60 or over get free medical from some locals till they are 65 and go on medicare or at a low cost and get a good pension. Be good boys and you might get is some day

but I doubt you two will

the two bro's from NY are entitled to their delusions..the trustees are not robbing anything. The Teamsters union and pension are overlooked by a federal government oversight board. If a dollar is missing somebody is going to jail. Teamster retirees 60 or over get free medical from some locals till they are 65 and go on medicare or at a low cost and get a good pension. Be good boys and you might get is some day

but I doubt you two will

Joe, maybe you should stick with something you know at least a "little" about, the ne fund. Is it a delusion that these 6 idiots(3 onion, 3 company)make and vote on the pension rules and payouts. The more they vote for payouts the more the 3 get. Fill all us delusionals in about that free medical after 60 until medicare kicks in. Not here, only for elitist local officers.
Don't worry joe, we're going to get it in the end just like you will too. Or are you 1 of the delusionals that believe when your local pos onion official told you that there was a personal account all set up just in your name with all the pension money you will need the rest of your life. Tell me its not so joe!

The company has been letting freight set on or giving up altogether for two years now and now they want more consessions. can't say tha i'm really surprised. I will have been laid off for two years come Oct. 18th of this year. i was lucky enough to get another teamster job on the construction side this last june. I would still vote no. this has to stop. I still keep in close contact with my brothers at YRC and many of them have been saying that freight is picking up slowly, but could be doing better were it not for the freight that is left sitting on the docks. Also many of my laid off brothers and sisters have been hired at USF Holland, another YRC co. and they all tell me they are going like gangbusters over at Holland. So what does tha tell you? YRC isn't hurting as bad as they would have you believe. VOTE NO!!!!! and hold Zollars' feet to the fire. Wouldn't be surprised to see all the freight being hauled by Holland in a few years. At least thats the way it seems to be going. Don't give them another red cent to inflate their golden parachutes.:moon2::1036316054:

That is exactly what will happen. You will be un-employed. When you vote, vote to keep your job or vote to be un-employed. It is as simple as that. I suggest for anyone that in the meantime. Look for another job. Fill out the applications and go through the interview process. Post resume's online. See what happens. If your happy with the results, then vote yourself a job or out of one.
I personally am amazed at the people who say that they are voting "NO", and they have not even seen the offer. It is pure ignorance. My opinion and I am sticking with it.

At least the money is in my hands i can probably trust myself if youve seen the changes to the nys plan they are self serving at least for a ten dollar an hour contribution you will now receive aprox 7o dollars a credit year that means if you start now after 30 you will somewhere around 2100 if you started 30 years ago and got very little paid in you can still draw around 6000 now backwards i guess GET IT NOW'''''''''''

VOTE NO, but it won't matter cause they count they own votes and it will PASS !!!! can't wait till the 4th round of givebacks next Sept 2011 !!!! I love you Hoffa & Zollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the deal is to give up more money and work rules in exchange for pension payments , I wish they had just done that last year. I can't get that 18 months back (since we weren't allowed to self pay) I can always get more money .