Teamsters approve strike at ABF Freight if needed

Back in the day when I was cruising the great lakes on my 30' Sea Ray , the saying around the boating community was " Two things you
can't get rid of in life- AIDS & a Bayliner" . So good luck with that trade in.
Yep, Sea Ray won't take Bayliners on trade.
Coast Guard would be out of business if not for Force motors and Bayliners.

So it's doing this thing where I hold it, and then it brings up the cut and paste menu from the long press. I'm on Firefox cuz privacy weirdo.
Confused No Idea GIF by Mashed

Almost 98%.....that's great....maybe it is time for a new rumor about being bought out to be started.....
It will happen, TFI didn't buy a 4% stake in ARCBEST just for poops and giggles. By the end of this year or early next year we'll be TFI employees, pray that your terminal isn't affected a great deal.
Comically when I asked our BA at the hall about this development he said "nah, if anything ABF would buy TFI", I didn't know whether to laugh in his face or cry that the Teamsters could be that stupid to think that Judy and her crew at ARCBEST would even consider buying another union carrier.

Well they bought UPS Freight didn't they?
Less pension/health care obligations as well as more flexibility when it comes to work rules and seniority at T-Force. Merging those two into one contract would be an absolute nightmare. Not to mention the dove tail/end tail drama as they are under separate contracts. But, stranger things have happened!!!

It will happen, TFI didn't buy a 4% stake in ARCBEST just for poops and giggles. By the end of this year or early next year we'll be TFI employees, pray that your terminal isn't affected a great deal.
Comically when I asked our BA at the hall about this development he said "nah, if anything ABF would buy TFI", I didn't know whether to laugh in his face or cry that the Teamsters could be that stupid to think that Judy and her crew at ARCBEST would even consider buying another union carrier.
Let me start by saying I Don't Care....whatever happens, happens, and I am not going to vote or think differently just because something might happen.....the sun might not come up tomorrow, but I'm really not worried about it...Also what would Arcbest cost them? I'm betting a hell of a lot more than T Force did, as UPS wanted out of freight....

That's really cute of course. I should have known better to go one of these comment sites again.
AGAIN if one buys the other it will be TFI buying ABF. ABF had the opportunity to buy Yellow 10 or more years ago for pennies on the dollar when their stock was a dollar or less a share, as suggested by the Teamsters themselves at the time. ABF and Judy thumbed their nose at the idea time. You don't need me to tell you if you're a long time ABF employee and have been paying attention that the whole goal for ARCB is to amass enough "asset light non union" logistic companies to have the revenue share be greater on the non union side, they're only one more big purchase away from pulling that off. And when it happens they cut bait as they say.

Let me start by saying I Don't Care....whatever happens, happens, and I am not going to vote or think differently just because something might happen.....the sun might not come up tomorrow, but I'm really not worried about it...Also what would Arcbest cost them? I'm betting a hell of a lot more than T Force did, as UPS wanted out of freight....
He just joined today & the first post is doom & gloom….I surprised we haven’t seen more showing up this contract…..

ABF had the opportunity to buy Yellow 10 or more years ago for pennies on the dollar when their stock was a dollar or less a share, as suggested by the Teamsters themselves at the time.
Yes and they could buy all that debt, junk equipment (even way back then they had junk), and pension obligations.... nobody else bought Yellow either so I'm thinking that was likely a good move by Judy....of course they want to "cut bait", but they aren't there yet and they won't be there for another 5 years or more