Yellow | Teamsters Considering ABF Freight Concession Talks..Mar 15, 2010 7:01PM

J

Jay C

In a notice sent to unionized workers at the company, the international union said is is discussing the prospects for negotiations with local union leaders, and will hold a conference call with all ABF members Thursday.

"We now believe it is in our best long-term interest to fully engage ABF through formal discussions to determine if and what type of contractual relief may be necessary," the Teamsters said in the ABF notice, which the union released publicly.

If discussions proceed, the union said it will apply similar standards as it did to YRC Worldwide last year, when it granted the company a 15 percent reduction in wages and suspended pension contributions.

"We will apply similar standards of equality of sacrifice, access to information, 'snap back' provisions and other corporate and financial protections negotiated under the relief memorandums with YRCW," the Teamsters said.

ebd7b489.jpg
too bad the unionized workers at the company voted it down

Teamsters Considering ABF Freight Concession Talks | Journal of Commerce

ABF teamsters have the right to vote to protect their wages and benefits the same as YRC teamsters have the right to vote to give them away.

images
images

this ain't too hard to figure out. The rank and file call the shots on contract matters, changes, amendments etc..not Zollars or Hoffa or Johnson. I mean wtf they had a gun to your head and only the suicidal or clueless no voters couldn't comprehend.

ABF did not have a gun to their head. They call the shots too. The unionized ABF workers made the call..hell no !! they said. So only after YRC gets the work rules, the contract extension and ABF management realizes YRC is not going away..they cry unfair and sue for $750,000,000. What a bunch of

images

WOW!, this can get interesting. Teamsters want the law suit to go away, the best way is to offer ABF the same deal as YRC. Bull frog jumps at it. Then there is a vote and the union workers vote it down again. All is well in fairy land and the suit is gone and the games being again. The teamsters walk away smiling as they have not shown any favors either way.

He could care less about anyone still working or how the work rules will affect them all he cares about is him& his pension!
Yep. And he has call me selfish multiple times. He should be back with some cute little picture about us crying or something stupid like that any minute now.

Yep. And he has call me selfish multiple times. He should be back with some cute little picture about us crying or something stupid like that any minute now.

I have to give him credit.............He is good with those pictures........I need to get off my porch swing and learn how to do this.......On second thought I think I will go read the paper in my porch swing instead..........LMAO

I have to give him credit.............He is good with those pictures........I need to get off my porch swing and learn how to do this.......On second thought I think I will go read the paper in my porch swing instead..........LMAO
Don't bother E. If you did, you wouldn't be respected either.

It's ok for him to call the Bull Frogs pathetic losers, as long as it is with a cute little picture.
The way I read Jay C's post he is calling the management at ABF pathetic losers. And I have to agree, they tried to get concessions but the Teamsters at ABF turned the proposal down. 7 monthes later and a new round of concessions approved at YRCW, ABF now feels that modifications to contract are illegal?????

concessions

The way I read Jay C's post he is calling the management at ABF pathetic losers. And I have to agree, they tried to get concessions but the Teamsters at ABF turned the proposal down. 7 monthes later and a new round of concessions approved at YRCW, ABF now feels that modifications to contract are illegal?????

Maybe ABF thinks they are illegal unless everyone in the NMFA agrees with them.

I never worked for ABF but after nearly 40yrs. as a Teamster linehaul driver it has been my experience that ABF drivers have always been some of the safest and most curteous drivers, and the co. has always provided clean up to date equipment for their drivers and run a well managed co. for the most part. Unlike Joe, I would never refer to ABF as "pathetic losers".

I never worked for ABF but after nearly 40yrs. as a Teamster linehaul driver it has been my experience that ABF drivers have always been some of the safest and most curteous drivers, and the co. has always provided clean up to date equipment for their drivers and run a well managed co. for the most part. Unlike Joe, I would never refer to ABF as "pathetic losers".

No doubt it has reached a point that is not good. If I had a dollar for every unkind post by an ABFer I'd have some money. One on this forum posted YRC is causing a problem for the whole industry and should cease operations so they may live not to mention what they say on their forum about YRC.

ABF top management has been mum for years on the YRC topic but now that they're at a rather high cost structure disadvantage and they see that YRC will be around 5 more years they went postal. There are no NMFA violations at their end. Everything is by the book as far as wages, pension etc. The IBT tried to resolve it by offering them the the same concession package. The ABFers rejected it overwhelmingly. If ABF management can't communicate with the teamster workforce there and YRC could that's their problem..let them pay