Yellow | Teamsters Deserve Credit For YRC Deal

slavenomore

TB Legend
PREMIUM
Credits
Teamsters deserve credit for YRC Worldwide deal | Trucking Straight Talk

amsters deserve credit for YRC Worldwide deal
Brian Straight September 30th, 2010
The Teamsters have been criticized over the years for any number of things. Their hard-line stances in negotiations have made them Public Enemy No. 1 for many businesses, both inside and outside of trucking.

But the union deserves a pat on the back for the tentative deal it has reached with YRC Worldwide (NASDAQ: YCRW). YRCW also deserves credit in the two-year extension. The agreement still must be ratified by the members, which should be done sometime in late October, YRCW said.

The Teamsters did what they had to do to preserve jobs. We’ve all heard stories of unions that refused to budge on their demands and ultimately, the company went out of business. That won’t be the case here - hopefully.

There is protection for the union, which was able to get included a “snap-back” provisions that will restore wages to the full NMFA rate if the plan is terminated, YRCW files bankruptcy, or the company is sold without TNFINC approval. The union also received another seat on the company’s board.

“While we recognize that this plan contains economic and work-rule concessions that are difficult to accept, members need to fully understand that if this NMFA (National Master Freight Agreement) modification is rejected there is no doubt this company will go out of business,” Johnson said. “This plan is far from perfect, but it will allow more than 25,000 Teamster families to continue to earn a paycheck, maintain healthcare coverage and preserve their pension benefits.”

When all was said and done, the Teamsters did what they had to do and that was reach a deal that hopefully will ensure YRCW continues to operate for years to come and preserve 25,000 Teamster jobs and thousands of more non-union positions.

That is a union doing its job well.
:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

The stock price is where it is because all of the bottom feeders (I.E. Day Traders) are bailing out.
I knew this would happen when they announced the stock reversal.
thWINKgif.gif

good one slave, that won't go well on the New Penn forum--
they're a bit hostile up there in the land of the elite

Teamsters deserve credit for YRC Worldwide deal | Trucking Straight Talk

amsters deserve credit for YRC Worldwide deal
Brian Straight September 30th, 2010
The Teamsters have been criticized over the years for any number of things. Their hard-line stances in negotiations have made them Public Enemy No. 1 for many businesses, both inside and outside of trucking.

But the union deserves a pat on the back for the tentative deal it has reached with YRC Worldwide (NASDAQ: YCRW). YRCW also deserves credit in the two-year extension. The agreement still must be ratified by the members, which should be done sometime in late October, YRCW said.

The Teamsters did what they had to do to preserve jobs. We’ve all heard stories of unions that refused to budge on their demands and ultimately, the company went out of business. That won’t be the case here - hopefully.

There is protection for the union, which was able to get included a “snap-back” provisions that will restore wages to the full NMFA rate if the plan is terminated, YRCW files bankruptcy, or the company is sold without TNFINC approval. The union also received another seat on the company’s board.

“While we recognize that this plan contains economic and work-rule concessions that are difficult to accept, members need to fully understand that if this NMFA (National Master Freight Agreement) modification is rejected there is no doubt this company will go out of business,” Johnson said. “This plan is far from perfect, but it will allow more than 25,000 Teamster families to continue to earn a paycheck, maintain healthcare coverage and preserve their pension benefits.”

When all was said and done, the Teamsters did what they had to do and that was reach a deal that hopefully will ensure YRCW continues to operate for years to come and preserve 25,000 Teamster jobs and thousands of more non-union positions.

That is a union doing its job well.
:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

Here, here!!

No further wage concessions, maintaining health benefits and a plan to re-enter the pension plan.

In a true compromise, no one walks away happy....

Here, here!!

No further wage concessions, maintaining health benefits and a plan to re-enter the pension plan.

you forgot to mention wage increases of 40c-45c-40c-40c, -15%

just overcome the gag reflex and walk away

Here, here!!

No further wage concessions? I'd say two more years is quite a concession it was supposed to end in 2013

Someone brought up about the vote being done a week before the 3rd quarter results. What kind of onion would go for that! Its a win-win for the reckless company. Vote yes and they'll do everything they can to make it look stellar. Vote no and it will be a total disaster, then vote again, and again till its right. You can be sure theres 2 different reports to be released depending on the vote outcome. Why not have a decertify vote and see all the stuttering the onion starts to do. $52 a month for this piece of garbage! The onion should be paying members $52 a month, with interest! Although, if I get a ballot, I'm voting yes, Don't affect me!!!!! Sound familar?

Teamster headquarters won't take credit for being pushed way back but they did endorse it by putting to the members to vote on. A strike was out of the question.
A better deal is out of the question. Yo' the no's will take the heat for a shut down.

Pulling in reverse isn't the end of the road, sometimes it's necessary to back out a bit before heading to where you're going. The elitists among us will stand proud and firm and not go backward, they will go forward and kickass fast enough to wreck every thing and even enjoy it

14ugvv7.gif

thWINKgif.gif

good one slave, that won't go well on the New Penn forum--
they're a bit hostile up there in the land of the elite
Well that's where i belong and there was nothing going on up their earlier....let me geuss? Cinnaminson and Billerica.LOL.

Someone brought up about the vote being done a week before the 3rd quarter results. What kind of onion would go for that! Its a win-win for the reckless company. Vote yes and they'll do everything they can to make it look stellar. Vote no and it will be a total disaster, then vote again, and again till its right. You can be sure theres 2 different reports to be released depending on the vote outcome. Why not have a decertify vote and see all the stuttering the onion starts to do. $52 a month for this piece of garbage! The onion should be paying members $52 a month, with interest! Although, if I get a ballot, I'm voting yes, Don't affect me!!!!! Sound familar?
See what kind of health insurance and vacation and sick time $52/month gets ya at the nons....none....I think it's a hundered/week or something at JB Hunt daycab dedicated jobs...good deal?

See what kind of health insurance and vacation and sick time $52/month gets ya at the nons....none....I think it's a hundered/week or something at JB Hunt daycab dedicated jobs...good deal?

And what will you be paying after the latest bend-over and only 35 cents a year into the h&w? At least conway will be back up to full pay 1-1-11, how bout yrc? Its going to be non-onion basicly after the vote.

And what will you be paying after the latest bend-over and only 35 cents a year into the h&w? At least conway will be back up to full pay 1-1-11, how bout yrc? Its going to be non-onion basicly after the vote.

That's a 35 cent a hour RAISE ever year into the H&W come on Turbo you know better !

Did ya take a LOA and go to Conway this past year? I bet not..I wonder why not?

My prediction: the concessions will pass; however, on June 1, 2011 the company will NOT PAY into our pension. Why do you think they are not paying into our contributions on January 1, 2011? Sorry but this company has NO credibility.

My prediction: the concessions will pass; however, on June 1, 2011 the company will NOT PAY into our pension. Why do you think they are not paying into our contributions on January 1, 2011? Sorry but this company has NO credibility.

What will happen IMO is come June 1st, the pension funds will say they don't agree to accept a 25% payment. There is no clause allowing a snap back of the pension payment to full rate in the event any pension fund refuses to accept the agreement. The company now says they are not required to pay ANY pension payments for 5 years, because our right to full rate was GIVEN AWAY without recourse.
Like everything every other part of this whole agreement, it reeks like balloon payment loan w/a 40% interest rate. What scares me are the people saying well I'll vote Yes on the CHANCE I MIGHT GET SOMETHING. What they get, they are gonna need vaseline for.