TForce | Teamsters fight TForce Freight truck slowdowns

“When we bought the company, the trucks were running at 68 miles per hour and then we did the study of our peers in the U.S. and we found out that everybody is at 65. So why run 68? Well, it’s because, you know, nobody knows why,” he said.
WTF…..the upper echelon became mute and couldn’t answer? We were told some states have truck speed limits at 65, some at 70 up to 80. They chose to use the 65-70 mph and somewhat meet in the middle at 68 mph.
The comments in the article is interesting….I wonder how this will play out.

WTF…..the upper echelon became mute and couldn’t answer? We were told some states have truck speed limits at 65, some at 70 up to 80. They chose to use the 65-70 mph and somewhat meet in the middle at 68 mph.
The comments in the article is interesting….I wonder how this will play out.
I’ve read in several articles that a ton of accidents involving trucks is cause the limit on speed of 65. These governed trucks see more traffic swirving in and out to get around them. If we could all at least do 68-70, then we could stay with the flow of traffic. For the most part. We would more less be riding down the roads with the majority of the same group of cars instead of several groups passing by our slow butts. The study was actually interesting and made a bunch of great points. At least to me it did.

The situation will not change as long the trucks are too slow to meet schedules running 65 or lower.

Motor carriers claim they save a bunch on insurance. Pfft, many are large enough to find it cheaper to self insure with cash.

Fuel burn? eh forget it. You will burn that off idling when waiting on brokers to reshuffle a load that got messed up because the truck did not get there in time.

I worked for one company long enough to use a violent emergency evasion to keep a car from slamming into trailer on fancy gap downgrade. I was doing 55 while the rest were blowing by and around me at 80. here comes one. Swayed the trailer that way, car swerved clear and then had to get the trailer back.

I was pulled into the yard asap and yelled at for being abusive to the truck. I told them you rather me keep her nice and straight and kill 4 people under my trailer because I cannot run with traffic on the POS 55 mph governor speed that the stupid company set?

I took the next plane home within the hour. Took a few years for hiring companies to quit asking me about that incident.

30 to 45 minutes a day extra is steeling money from the drivers and putting us in dangerous situations period. Drivers are leaving because we're fed up! Central dispatch is a joke and TFI is entrusting the same buffoons and yes men that got us into this mess to get us out.

30 to 45 minutes a day extra is steeling money from the drivers and putting us in dangerous situations period. Drivers are leaving because we're fed up! Central dispatch is a joke and TFI is entrusting the same buffoons and yes men that got us into this mess to get us out.
Rome wasn't built in a day. That being said, nothing much has changed, except wasting time on redundant training. Once UPS pulls the plug on the shared tech and support should be really interesting.

68 to 65 is a difference of only about 20 minutes in a 500 mile trip and that's assuming you're running flat out every mile. Dangerous situation? Come on, get real.

Actually hills matter. Horsepower solves that problem.

I used to haul out of a railyard for Lowes dedicated on flatbed and there was a 6 mile pull that used to be done at 80,000 pounds gross (Give or take a smidgen) and a little 300 cummins. Probably a NTC on a tall 9 Ranger.

Painful. I think I can I think I can I think I can, some days when shes not feeling that well, its run at 16. You can see the needle quiver that far down the dial.

6 miles at 16 mph is a hell of a lot of time we dont have. That load WILL BE THERE at 8 am sharp 300 miles and 4 mountain gaps away.

One day they sold that old thing. Handed me a CH Daycab Mack with the big 350 in it and short legged transmission. Walked right up that same mountain at about 48. I was arriving 20 minutes to the good prior to 8 am.

YAY mack. However, years after that they handed me a 550 CAT on a 13 for a while. The first of the new computer crap. Then they realized I would run that same hill like a elevator at about 75 loaded to the gunwhales. Come down the same one at 150 Georgia overdrive. Gravity maxes out.

They took it away from me. All that misbehaving and money making time saving driving was stored in the tattle tale computer. The yelling in the back shop was epic. Learned a few profane words too.

Long live Cat. A money maker in any terrain.

Were at 65, it took me almost 4 minutes to get around Schnider going 64. The line of cars and trucks behind me was so long. 68 mph would be a dream.
At 70 plus, the same cars and trucks would be lined up behind you too. May as well just take down the speed limit signs, since the average speed out there now is 75-100

68 to 65 is a difference of only about 20 minutes in a 500 mile trip and that's assuming you're running flat out every mile. Dangerous situation? Come on, get real.
At 68 mph I clocked in my 391 mile trip in 8.5 hrs.
At 62 mph I clocked in my 391 mile trip in 8.5 hrs.
At 68, I had a few more minutes to BS, (only difference)

At 68 mph I clocked in my 391 mile trip in 8.5 hrs.
At 62 mph I clocked in my 391 mile trip in 8.5 hrs.
At 68, I had a few more minutes to BS, (only difference)
Sounds like you need to change the batteries in your calculator
They did not have calculators back then. Breeze used a sun dial and an abacus. LOL!!!