TForce | Teamsters fight TForce Freight truck slowdowns

I've seen the same 68...70....75 mph trucks pass my 63 mph truck several times every night. What makes my 63 mph truck fast is keeping the driver side door closed. Sure it would be nice to have some more speed..... but in the right lane being in the way of everything and I mean everyone I have no anxiety to pass and be the leader of the pack. I do get the job done.

It took me a while to think like this...
I get the same Dayton guy passing me couple times a night. I stop once for nature’s call on a 530 turn. :idunno:

I’m one of those guys that has a long schedule. It really does add time to your day. On a good day…1/2 hour, on a bad day it’s way more. Wouldn’t be so bad if folks in Richmond weren’t so numbers only driven. That’s why I’m against performance bonuses for mgmt. as part of their pay package. They just pencil whip the books and work the employees to death to make numbers look good. This outfit is getting more Mickey Mouse by the day. I hope I make it to retirement, which isn’t too far away. We need to be engaged in the fight come contract time.

What I used to do in truck offices etc is take copies in bulk of all forms. And whatever other supplies. Then go away. Not even be at the yard or building for 6 to 9 months. Everything else is satellite. Very little is by phone.

Every time I have been inside a yard or building full of suits I will run into some kind of conflict with upper management over anything. So I stay the eff out. If they dont like it they can fire me.

Y'all are missing what the grievance is about. Our annual pittance of a wage increase per mile was 0.0025 cents a mile.

At 68mph, that means a wage increase of 17 cents per hour.

By reducing our speed 3 miles per hour, if we were able to run flat out, you just took away my measly 17 cents per hour and an additional $2.02 per hour. If you have a nice big run, you're looking at $20 plus per day.

And that doesn't count the fact that now you're stuck with all the other 62-65mph traffic that slows you down further. Unless you are that a-hole that sits side by side with another truck for 25 miles on a 2 lane road. Now we're going even slower.

Who cares how long it takes you to hook up, pre-trip, find your paperwork, etc.... That's on the clock, not on your mileage clock.

TForce has violated our wage agreement by slowing us down. That's the arguement. If they compensate our agreed upon wages, I don't care if we do 55mph. Fact is, we are getting paid less.

Understood. BUT:

1) 3 mph doesn't make a hill of beans difference in time.

2) There's nothing in the contract about speed of trucks. And, mileage pay is not hourly pay.

i am not defending managment. i think the speed reduction is stupid.

I get the same Dayton guy passing me couple times a night. I stop once for nature’s call on a 530 turn. :idunno:
Yep. I see this same example every trip. I sit in the travel lane probably 99% of the time and see white knuckle drivers blow by two or three times as I traverse across the NY Thruway. And sure enough, they stop to unload all that juice. Then catch up and do it all over again. I’m no doctor but I know how relaxed I feel at the end of my run!

Yep. I see this same example every trip. I sit in the travel lane probably 99% of the time and see white knuckle drivers blow by two or three times as I traverse across the NY Thruway. And sure enough, they stop to unload all that juice. Then catch up and do it all over again. I’m no doctor but I know how relaxed I feel at the end of my run!
Always a mystery to me how daycabs with TWO 48's can out run me with just one at times on that thruway. The Turnpike is easy actually. Get a good feed and nap in that old 76 past Buffalo and get going. Dont need to stop for anything.