Yellow | Teamsters Freight Division Becoming More Like UFCW?!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
When I was a kid, most grocery store workers were union and employees had decent wages and benefits. Sometime in late 70's, early 80's the Retail Clerks Union (now UFCW) caved in and allowed 2-tier, and later 3-tier wage structures. What was once a good full time job became a much lower-paid part-time job with limited or in some cases no benefits. Now the trucking employers want Teamsters to OK a wage freeze for some classifications, and in 5 years, another "tier" of workers will move dollars-an-hour ahead of the "lower tier". New employees will fall into yet another "lower tier", and will have to work longer to get "full" vacations and benefits.

It's a downward spiral to the bottom that the UFCW has never been able to recover from, and they will NEVER get those good wages and benefits back. Is this something we really want to start in Freight? You see what the company is trying to accomplish. It's time for the Teamster Freight employees to fight back!

:ranting2:

That is why this is a very important NO vote. You want your kids or grandkids working for minimum wage?
Then, you have to help support thier family also, when you shouldn't have to.
I'm one of the lucky ones where my kids make more than I (Thank you Teamsters)

When I was a kid, most grocery store workers were union and employees had decent wages and benefits. Sometime in late 70's, early 80's the Retail Clerks Union (now UFCW) caved in and allowed 2-tier, and later 3-tier wage structures. What was once a good full time job became a much lower-paid part-time job with limited or in some cases no benefits. Now the trucking employers want Teamsters to OK a wage freeze for some classifications, and in 5 years, another "tier" of workers will move dollars-an-hour ahead of the "lower tier". New employees will fall into yet another "lower tier", and will have to work longer to get "full" vacations and benefits.

It's a downward spiral to the bottom that the UFCW has never been able to recover from, and they will NEVER get those good wages and benefits back. Is this something we really want to start in Freight? You see what the company is trying to accomplish. It's time for the Teamster Freight employees to fight back!

:ranting2: