Teamsters Joint Council 80 In Dallas Supports 20% Pension Cuts?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Check this out from a posting on Facebook...

We have been stabbed in the back by some Joint Councils who are signing the resolution to support the 20% cut across the board on our pensions! They don't even know what the UPS Plan is in writing and they are blindly supporting It?
You all need to call your Local Unions whose Principal Officers sit on their respective Joint Council. The document below is the one that JC 80 in Dallas, TX just signed. NO MEMBERSHIP MEETING THIS SUMMER, BUT YET THEY KNOW WHAT THE MEMBERS AND RETIREES WANT? Yeah, I'm pissed off they are doing this behind the backs of the Retiree Committees that John Murphy says he supports!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1SkcGlB2Dx6dnQtQ212X2VMajQ/view?usp=sharing

YioB5jO.jpg

:wtflol:

Check this out from a posting on Facebook...

We have been stabbed in the back by some Joint Councils who are signing the resolution to support the 20% cut across the board on our pensions! They don't even know what the UPS Plan is in writing and they are blindly supporting It?
You all need to call your Local Unions whose Principal Officers sit on their respective Joint Council. The document below is the one that JC 80 in Dallas, TX just signed. NO MEMBERSHIP MEETING THIS SUMMER, BUT YET THEY KNOW WHAT THE MEMBERS AND RETIREES WANT? Yeah, I'm pissed off they are doing this behind the backs of the Retiree Committees that John Murphy says he supports!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1SkcGlB2Dx6dnQtQ212X2VMajQ/view?usp=sharing

YioB5jO.jpg

:wtflol:
The answer is simple: here we are, at Stock Market All Time Highs (by printing money), and the Fund is projected to be broke within 8-10 Years. The Federal Reserve wants to raise interest rates, and S L O W the already stagnant over the past 10 years economy even more. We know that'll kill our Pension. Voting for 80% is the only option, when in the context of no cuts and the Fund bottoming out at ZERO.

$15 billion divided by 410,000 Teamsters. Do the math... Not enough for ONE Year if disaster comes. Its ALWAYS about the math, and nothing more, no matter how you try to make it emotion driven....

Reactions: ESP
The answer is simple: here we are, at Stock Market All Time Highs (by printing money), and the Fund is projected to be broke within 8-10 Years. The Federal Reserve wants to raise interest rates, and S L O W the already stagnant over the past 10 years economy even more. We know that'll kill our Pension. Voting for 80% is the only option, when in the context of no cuts and the Fund bottoming out at ZERO.

$15 billion divided by 410,000 Teamsters. Do the math... Not enough for ONE Year if disaster comes. Its ALWAYS about the math, and nothing more, no matter how you try to make it emotion driven....
well said my friend.:1036316054: I actually fought the pension cuts before because of the unfairness of them. I was for an across the board cut back then. Every person should get the same percentage cut, no matter who they are or how much they currently get. NO age protections !!!!!