Reddaway | Teamsters Local 222 Says It's Going To Be "End Tail"!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
vmatxsls06_1217289941399-1-Screenshot_20210217-234900_16136237898633c4f31f89bb34a15.md.jpg
Teamsters Local 222 in Salt Lake City, Utah said in a February 17, 2021 memo to their membership that "It is the Union's position that all employees who are absorbed into the existing YRC bargaining unit by the merger of YRC and USF Reddaway will end tail into the bargaining unit."

They can't get any clearer than that can they?

:rulz:

hoffa-hall-concessions34d09138d3de857b.md.jpg
Hey Ken! Call Ernie and tell him to get this Yellow/Reddaway seniority issue settled. We have to protect the company!

ernie-soehl.md.jpg
Don't worry Brothers and Sisters! We're "monitoring the situation" here at the IBT
Freight Division!
:wtflol:

vmatxsls06_1217289941399-1-Screenshot_20210217-234900_16136237898633c4f31f89bb34a15.md.jpg
Teamsters Local 222 in Salt Lake City, Utah said in a February 17, 2021 memo to their membership that "It is the Union's position that all employees who are absorbed into the existing YRC bargaining unit by the merger of YRC and USF Reddaway will end tail into the bargaining unit."

They can't get any clearer than that can they?

:rulz:

That's certainly the Union's "position", but let's see exactly how it all plays out down the line. "Positions" are not necessarily the way things go eventually.

That sounds like union and non union Reddaway will end tail. In that case I would tell them to F off and head to FedEx , OD, etc etc
The vast majority of long term drivers have signed cards at SLC to try to protect their seniority. But SLC Dock and P&D drivers believe everything they’re told by management. The guys I’ve talked to all agree with leaving if their seniority goes away. Idk about teams at Yellow but no one I’ve talked to will do it. Absolute job killer you’ll lose 20-30 drivers easily...

That's certainly the Union's "position", but let's see exactly how it all plays out down the line. "Positions" are not necessarily the way things go eventually.
They may be specifically talking about the SLC Reddaway employees as they are now= non union/non bargaining unit. The 222 needs to clarify if they were allowed to complete a card check and win representation would they then Dove tail when absorbed into the Newley named Yellow freight.

Of course that’s what the letter says. Because it’s got IBT letterhead it must be true. Again scare tactics. Until it’s negotiated with the company it’s just words meant to look scary and illicit a response from the non union labor to sign a card.

In the current ”white paper” contract that the goonion has with Reddaway in article 4.10 and 4.11 the ONLY way that will happen is when it gets negotiated. Until then nothing can be done. The IBT has its stance but its not official until the contract is negotiated and signed. Again let’s not be truthful, but instead try to get the non union to get scared and sign a card. Because simply the union can’t stand on its own merit, otherwise it wouldn’t survive.

Of course that’s what the letter says. Because it’s got IBT letterhead it must be true. Again scare tactics. Until it’s negotiated with the company it’s just words meant to look scary and illicit a response from the non union labor to sign a card.

In the current ”white paper” contract that the goonion has with Reddaway in article 4.10 and 4.11 the ONLY way that will happen is when it gets negotiated. Until then nothing can be done. The IBT has its stance but its not official until the contract is negotiated and signed. Again let’s not be truthful, but instead try to get the non union to get scared and sign a card. Because simply the union can’t stand on its own merit, otherwise it wouldn’t survive.
And there we have it folks. You give someone enough time to speak and their true agenda will surface. The NMFA has already been negotiated and ratified. The Reddaway western agreement under an extension and will never be re-negotiated it will expire.your lack of intelligence on this subject is frightening. You will end up costing your fellow freight workers their bid seniority.I hope you realize this .

Also ,why do Non union Terminals in the Reddaway system think that they are covered under the western agreement? I will tell you why.Because that is what Management has told them.see a pattern here? The only non union Reddaway employees that are covered under the western agreement are those who work at a Terminal that voted or Card checked and Won Representation and are Recognized by the Teamsters as such. Get it?

And there we have it folks. You give someone enough time to speak and their true agenda will surface. The NMFA has already been negotiated and ratified. The Reddaway western agreement under an extension and will never be re-negotiated it will expire.your lack of intelligence on this subject is frightening. You will end up costing your fellow freight workers their bid seniority.I hope you realize this .
The NMFA contract will have to compromise a little bit or this whole thing falls apart. The western agreement with REDDAWAY I think is being negotiated again now. Because the two-year contract is up March 31 of 2021. Yellow can’t even deliver their own freight and if you have a mass exodus of REDDAWAY employees that would be huge for Yellow corporation to deal with. You would have a mass exodus of customers etc. So they’re going to have to negotiate something. Just as a common sense business factor. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was such pushback on both sides. That previously stated WE will just run under the yellow sticker but keep everything separate. Way too much to lose. I would love to be a part of the union 25–30 years ago. The union has no benefits other than seniority nowadays. When it comes to the REDDAWAY guys and you put us at the end we have nothing to look forward to other than starting over at another company that’s healthier financially. We loss basically everything we’ve earned over the years and that’s seniority. Retirement is a joke their match is garbage we don’t even have a pension. Our vacation is OK our pay is about three dollars less than all the other companies. So for all timers all they have a seniority. You take that away you will have a mass exodus of good hard-working drivers. Total nightmare for a company especially When you can’t hire hard-working dedicated drivers. So Yellow has a total ::shit:: show on their hands in the west...

Last edited:
How so? The contract has to be re negotiated. The union did a 2 year contract which is up in April. The company wanted a 5 year but the IBT just merged 3 different contracts into a single contract. The point of the 2 year was for the unions sake since combining 3 different contracts into one the union wanted to iron out any issues before committing to a longer contract where any of the 3 may have a problem. We are NOT covered by the western agreement, we are also held to the same standard and bound by the same rules. The union made sure to stick it to the non union during the lawsuit following the bestway Reddaway merger.
So this sales approach to garnering new members is so effective. When the union would push for a raise (I‘m not quoting actual raise amounts only using fictitious numbers as an example) wanting .50¢ an hour, Reddaway would give it to them and then give the non union a .75¢ raise. When the union sued Reddaway over what they called “blatant union busting” Reddaway agreed to multiple terms to dropping the lawsuit which was non unions couldn’t make more than the union. We lost 15% because of the union. We were on a 3 year pay freeze, why? Because of the union.
So when trying to high pressure us into joining, after making us an enemy they will find resistance. That is line taping a guy in prison and afterwards asking him to join the gang. I’m not costing anyone their job, they’re aware of the possibilities and as such can make their own decisions. Perhaps if tff get e IBT would have tried to solicit memberships in an honest way, without lies and scare tactics t he ey would’ve received more membership responses.

How so? The contract has to be re negotiated. The union did a 2 year contract which is up in April. The company wanted a 5 year but the IBT just merged 3 different contracts into a single contract. The point of the 2 year was for the unions sake since combining 3 different contracts into one the union wanted to iron out any issues before committing to a longer contract where any of the 3 may have a problem. We are NOT covered by the western agreement, we are also held to the same standard and bound by the same rules. The union made sure to stick it to the non union during the lawsuit following the bestway Reddaway merger.
So this sales approach to garnering new members is so effective. When the union would push for a raise (I‘m not quoting actual raise amounts only using fictitious numbers as an example) wanting .50¢ an hour, Reddaway would give it to them and then give the non union a .75¢ raise. When the union sued Reddaway over what they called “blatant union busting” Reddaway agreed to multiple terms to dropping the lawsuit which was non unions couldn’t make more than the union. We lost 15% because of the union. We were on a 3 year pay freeze, why? Because of the union.
So when trying to high pressure us into joining, after making us an enemy they will find resistance. That is line taping a guy in prison and afterwards asking him to join the gang. I’m not costing anyone their job, they’re aware of the possibilities and as such can make their own decisions. Perhaps if tff get e IBT would have tried to solicit memberships in an honest way, without lies and scare tactics t he ey would’ve received more membership responses.
Enjoy it! And you better own it when chit hits the fan.

The NMFA contract will have to compromise a little bit or this whole thing falls apart. The western agreement with REDDAWAY I think is being negotiated again now. Because the two-year contract is up March 31 of 2021. Yellow can’t even deliver their own freight and if you have a mass exodus of REDDAWAY employees that would be huge for Yellow corporation to deal with. You would have a mass exodus of customers etc. So they’re going to have to negotiate something. Just as a common sense business factor. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was such pushback on both sides. That previously stated WE will just run under the yellow sticker but keep everything separate. Way too much to lose. I would love to be a part of the union 25–30 years ago. The union has no benefits other than seniority nowadays. When it comes to the REDDAWAY guys and you put us at the end we have nothing to look forward to other than starting over at another company that’s healthier financially. We loss basically everything we’ve earned over the years and that’s seniority. Retirement is a joke their match is garbage we don’t even have a pension. Our vacation is OK our pay is about three dollars less than all the other companies. So for all timers all they have a seniority. You take that away you will have a mass exodus of good hard-working drivers. Total nightmare for a company especially When you can’t hire hard-working dedicated drivers. So Yellow has a total **** show on their hands in the west...
The NMFA contract will have to compromise a little bit or this whole thing falls apart. The western agreement with REDDAWAY I think is being negotiated again now. Because the two-year contract is up March 31 of 2021. Yellow can’t even deliver their own freight and if you have a mass exodus of REDDAWAY employees that would
You are acting like Yellow freight will listen to 500 to 700 non union drivers and dock workers when they have 24,000 Teamsters that will make a whole lot of noise when it pertains to bid seniority. I can appreciate your dilemma in not wanting to be part of the union but why would you take the chance of losing anything when Yellow freight absorbs Reddaway?

The NMFA contract will have to compromise a little bit or this whole thing falls apart. The western agreement with REDDAWAY I think is being negotiated again now. Because the two-year contract is up March 31 of 2021. Yellow can’t even deliver their own freight and if you have a mass exodus of REDDAWAY employees that would
You are acting like Yellow freight will listen to 500 to 700 non union drivers and dock workers when they have 24,000 Teamsters that will make a whole lot of noise when it pertains to bid seniority. I can appreciate your dilemma in not wanting to be part of the union but why would you take the chance of losing anything when Yellow freight absorbs Reddaway?
Oh I totally agree I’m just throwing out stats. I can’t imagine logically it making zero sense I even went with 1500 nonunion employees LOL telling anybody anything. I’ve already signed the card just to have that extra layer of security. With that being said if we lose our seniority there’s going to be a big mass exodus from REDDAWAY. And then Yellow can have every bit of this. Life is a bitch. It’s one of those would’ve could’ve should’ve situations. The vast majority of us talked about we should’ve left 10 years ago. But if you remember they were talking about oh we’re only going to take a certain amount of money for six months and then maybe a year it was almost 10 years. Would’ve could’ve should’ve LOL sure he is one hell of a life lesson…

Signing a card only works if the terminal wins representation. Organizing is a group effort and you have lot of Lazy un-motivated selfish people at that Terminal. I wish you the best sir

Reddaway only had 2 separate white paper contracts to merge into 1. The NW agreement and the Western agreement. The NMFA supersedes any contract in a merger/absorption. Reddaway non union employees have bitched for decades that they wanted "Master Freight or Nothing at all" when organizing attempts were made in the past. well that is what's on the table now and you guys are still bitching.

They are gonna give hope to the Reddaway employees and string you guys along til the dead of winter next year when hiring is slim at other carriers. Time to roll ASAP. I’m glad I made the decision to leave 3 years ago. I would have been at 10 years wasted if I stayed for this. I wouldn’t wait around for the ball to drop.

The NMFA contract will have to compromise a little bit or this whole thing falls apart. The western agreement with REDDAWAY I think is being negotiated again now. Because the two-year contract is up March 31 of 2021. Yellow can’t even deliver their own freight and if you have a mass exodus of REDDAWAY employees that would be huge for Yellow corporation to deal with. You would have a mass exodus of customers etc. So they’re going to have to negotiate something. Just as a common sense business factor. It wouldn’t surprise me if there was such pushback on both sides. That previously stated WE will just run under the yellow sticker but keep everything separate. Way too much to lose. I would love to be a part of the union 25–30 years ago. The union has no benefits other than seniority nowadays. When it comes to the REDDAWAY guys and you put us at the end we have nothing to look forward to other than starting over at another company that’s healthier financially. We loss basically everything we’ve earned over the years and that’s seniority. Retirement is a joke their match is garbage we don’t even have a pension. Our vacation is OK our pay is about three dollars less than all the other companies. So for all timers all they have a seniority. You take that away you will have a mass exodus of good hard-working drivers. Total nightmare for a company especially When you can’t hire hard-working dedicated drivers. So Yellow has a total **** show on their hands in the west...

They are gonna give hope to the Reddaway employees and string you guys along til the dead of winter next year when hiring is slim at other carriers. Time to roll ASAP. I’m glad I made the decision to leave 3 years ago. I would have been at 10 years wasted if I stayed for this. I wouldn’t wait around for the ball to drop.
Hello ex, don't worry about us. You said you left already. Chapter close.
One door closes another open. Life goes on.
Look at UPS Freight drivers, they were at the top of the mountain.
And now????
:nut kick:

So here’s my brutally honest thoughts. I go to TERMINAL‘s that are already cohabitating. Lots of robust movement with REDDAWAY and sluggish slow moving side with YRC. YRC has two Hosler’s and REDDAWAY has one Hosler. REDDAWAY’s union workers seems to me only engages union rules when it comes to procedures and keeping management honest. Everything else is wide open to anybody. Hooking sets putting trailers away etc. etc. I always joke with them that their union is one of the laziest union that I’ve ever experienced. Because most union specially YRC start getting on you because you’re taking work from fellow brothers blah blah blah. I’m just a dopey truck driver. I can’t for the life of me as a mathematical equation figure out; why management would want a robust hard-working company to be absorbed into a union that creates slower paced production. To be fair there are guys that want to be part of the master freight contract for the pension. For the record I don’t wanna be a part of the pension. I didn’t pay into it I don’t deserve it etc. My hope is they keep the two companies separate. I might be grabbing At strings but I want my 23 years to mean something seniority wise. So I hope they can figure this ::shit:: out…

So here’s my brutally honest thoughts. I go to TERMINAL‘s that are already cohabitating. Lots of robust movement with REDDAWAY and sluggish slow moving side with YRC. YRC has two Hosler’s and REDDAWAY has one Hosler. REDDAWAY’s union workers seems to me only engages union rules when it comes to procedures and keeping management honest. Everything else is wide open to anybody. Hooking sets putting trailers away etc. etc. I always joke with them that their union is one of the laziest union that I’ve ever experienced. Because most union specially YRC start getting on you because you’re taking work from fellow brothers blah blah blah. I’m just a dopey truck driver. I can’t for the life of me as a mathematical equation figure out; why management would want a robust hard-working company to be absorbed into a union that creates slower paced production. To be fair there are guys that want to be part of the master freight contract for the pension. For the record I don’t wanna be a part of the pension. I didn’t pay into it I don’t deserve it etc. My hope is they keep the two companies separate. I might be grabbing At strings but I want my 23 years to mean something seniority wise. So I hope they can figure this **** out…
That is the typical Non union Reddaway BS based on 1 or 2 interactions or something one of the Narcissist's in the top 5 of seniority has created in their own minds to make themselves feel better about staying strapped to Seat and riding the ship down. They can not let the fear of starting over interrupt the Bliss and comfort of how easy the job is at the top. tell ya the truth this may cause a bunch of them a mental break down.