Reddaway | Teamsters Local 222 Says It's Going To Be "End Tail"!

That is the typical Non union Reddaway BS based on 1 or 2 interactions or something one of the Narcissist's in the top 5 of seniority has created in their own minds to make themselves feel better about staying strapped to Seat and riding the ship down. They can not let the fear of starting over interrupt the Bliss and comfort of how easy the job is at the top. tell ya the truth this may cause a bunch of them a mental break down.
Top 5 I wish lol I will confess I am in the top 20. Oh I’m right in this thing all the way in the dirt. I don’t fear starting over I just don’t want to start over. I understand how anemic and sick healthwise this company is. The thing that doesn’t logically make any sense is the amount of job listings on both REDDAWAY regional and Yellow YRC lol is absolutely impressive. They’re offering $7500 sign on bonus in Salt Lake. The only way Yellow Will get new drivers even at $7500 would be guys wanting to get off the road OTR drivers. No one from any other freight company is coming to Yellow. I look at job listings up in Montana and Colorado and Utah and there’s a lot of job listings for nonunion drivers. Makes absolutely zero sense to hire somebody at a non-union position and then pull the rug out from under them to force them to become union. I said before I have already signed a card and I signed a card every single time I’m asked. I just can’t stand bullshit rumors either for or against. You’re absolutely right I’m looking for a little self comfort LOL

Top 5 I wish lol I will confess I am in the top 20. Oh I’m right in this thing all the way in the dirt. I don’t fear starting over I just don’t want to start over. I understand how anemic and sick healthwise this company is. The thing that doesn’t logically make any sense is the amount of job listings on both REDDAWAY regional and Yellow YRC lol is absolutely impressive. They’re offering $7500 sign on bonus in Salt Lake. The only way Yellow Will get new drivers even at $7500 would be guys wanting to get off the road OTR drivers. No one from any other freight company is coming to Yellow. I look at job listings up in Montana and Colorado and Utah and there’s a lot of job listings for nonunion drivers. Makes absolutely zero sense to hire somebody at a non-union position and then pull the rug out from under them to force them to become union. I said before I have already signed a card and I signed a card every single time I’m asked. I just can’t stand ******** rumors either for or against. You’re absolutely right I’m looking for a little self comfort LOL
Don't get me wrong I'm not lumping you in with that group at all. You seem to have a healthy pragmatic mind set with the circumstance that is about to be forced upon you. Good luck through this process.

Question for you guys from a new guy. I’m looking into getting my cdl through Reddaway. They have a terminal no more than 15 mins from my home and being in so cal I can’t wait forever for the dmv behind the wheel tests. Should I be looking somewhere else?

Question for you guys from a new guy. I’m looking into getting my cdl through Reddaway. They have a terminal no more than 15 mins from my home and being in so cal I can’t wait forever for the dmv behind the wheel tests. Should I be looking somewhere else?
What’s your question? However you can get your CDL for free that’s the way you should go. Back in the good all days CDL school was pretty close to 5K. Companies are so desperate that they will train you, pay you, pick up any expenses i.e. travel and hotel. So however you can get your CDL the quickest and cheapest is the way I would go. I know so Cal is a little bit different than the rest of the world but there’s gonna be plenty of jobs out here.

What’s your question? However you can get your CDL for free that’s the way you should go. Back in the good all days CDL school was pretty close to 5K. Companies are so desperate that they will train you, pay you, pick up any expenses i.e. travel and hotel. So however you can get your CDL the quickest and cheapest is the way I would go. I know so Cal is a little bit different than the rest of the world but there’s gonna be plenty of jobs out here.
I’m wondering if it’s worth going with Reddaway with the general feeling on this board that things aren’t looking good for the company. I figure even if I’m only there for a year or two at least I got my cdl and experience in the LTL sector

You will be just fine. you do not hold any seniority and will transition easily into Yellow freight.

I’m wondering if it’s worth going with Reddaway with the general feeling on this board that things aren’t looking good for the company. I figure even if I’m only there for a year or two at least I got my cdl and experience in the LTL sector
Yeppers you got it...get your cdl get your training get a couple of years and the bounce if you can. Pay is ok, Medical is good, very little to :shit:ty retirement, equipment is starting to come back as good again after 10 years of garbage. This place is good for about 3-5 years. Idk ‍♂️ if it’ll survive but the US government loaned $700 billion dollars to a company that upside down in debt. That’s never a good sign of a healthy company. You’ll be good at least for 3-5 years. Welcome hopefully I’m wrong. I’ve been here over 20 years and I’m stuck lol I gotta ride this into the ground. Good luck

Yeppers you got it...get your cdl get your training get a couple of years and the bounce if you can. Pay is ok, Medical is good, very little to ****ty retirement, equipment is starting to come back as good again after 10 years of garbage. This place is good for about 3-5 years. Idk ‍♂️ if it’ll survive but the US government loaned $700 billion dollars to a company that upside down in debt. That’s never a good sign of a healthy company. You’ll be good at least for 3-5 years. Welcome hopefully I’m wrong. I’ve been here over 20 years and I’m stuck lol I gotta ride this into the ground. Good luck
Right on. I got a phone interview later today. I was going to go the mega route to get my cdl not if I can get right into one of the best sectors of trucking right out of the gate

Right on. I got a phone interview later today. I was going to go the mega route to get my cdl not if I can get right into one of the best sectors of trucking right out of the gate
I also back up freight chucker lol you have no seniority and yes you’ll be just fine. They’ll pay you 40 hours a week to go to school. Idk ‍♂️ where it is in So. Cal but they’ll put you up into a hotel, pay you and get you a new career. I’m just a bitter old timer lol you’ll be ok...

I also back up freight chucker lol you have no seniority and yes you’ll be just fine. They’ll pay you 40 hours a week to go to school. Idk ‍♂️ where it is in So. Cal but they’ll put you up into a hotel, pay you and get you a new career. I’m just a bitter old timer lol you’ll be ok...
Training won’t be to far away. At most I’ll probably get a rental car. Do you guys do linehaul for them? How is it? Are you hitting up most of the western states or do they keep you more or less in your geographical area like southwest or northwest?

Training won’t be to far away. At most I’ll probably get a rental car. Do you guys do linehaul for them? How is it? Are you hitting up most of the western states or do they keep you more or less in your geographical area like southwest or northwest?
More of a geographical area, 350 miles to 575 miles. When you were in line you either do a turn will you meet another driver from another terminal. Or you drive to another terminal go to a hotel for 10 to 12 hours. Then drive home the following day. So the most you’re away from home is 24. 2-3 times a week. If you’re going in to get your CDL through the company you’re going to drive local P&D Pick up and delivery. They used to have you do it for three years and then you can get line qualified. But I don’t know how things are anymore when it comes to the time frame.

More of a geographical area, 350 miles to 575 miles. When you were in line you either do a turn will you meet another driver from another terminal. Or you drive to another terminal go to a hotel for 10 to 12 hours. Then drive home the following day. So the most you’re away from home is 24. 2-3 times a week. If you’re going in to get your CDL through the company you’re going to drive local P&D Pick up and delivery. They used to have you do it for three years and then you can get line qualified. But I don’t know how things are anymore when it comes to the time frame.
The position is for a linehaul cdl training program. Guess I should clarify that with them today during the interview. Said they had P&D and Linehaul training positions.

The position is for a linehaul cdl training program. Guess I should clarify that with them today during the interview. Said they had P&D and Linehaul training positions.
Cool, P&D make 60k-70k lots of OT, line haul makes anywhere between 70k-110k depending on runs and board hogs lol obviously. Let me put like this I’ve never worked a 40 hours a week at Reddaway. I’ve been working 50-60 hours a week for over 20 years, well because I like money lol from what I hear California drivers do a lot more drop and hook stops between multiple terminals. You get paid for all work. When you get up into Utah Colorado Montana you do a lot more miles than you do dropping hooks at TERMINAL’s. Because They’re just spread out further. You said Southern Cal so linehaul would be down to San Diego as far as Phoenix/Tucson up to Beaver, UT up to Reno and I think the furthest north they go is Weed, CA. AND everywhere in between if there’s a terminal lol

Cool, P&D make 60k-70k lots of OT, line haul makes anywhere between 70k-110k depending on runs and board hogs lol obviously. Let me put like this I’ve never worked a 40 hours a week at Reddaway. I’ve been working 50-60 hours a week for over 20 years, well because I like money lol from what I hear California drivers do a lot more drop and hook stops between multiple terminals. You get paid for all work. When you get up into Utah Colorado Montana you do a lot more miles than you do dropping hooks at TERMINAL’s. Because They’re just spread out further. You said Southern Cal so linehaul would be down to San Diego as far as Phoenix/Tucson up to Beaver, UT up to Reno and I think the furthest north they go is Weed, CA. AND everywhere in between if there’s a terminal lol
Awesome. Was just offered to attend the cdl training for linehaul. Pretty pumped. Looking forward to starting this career

Awesome. Was just offered to attend the cdl training for linehaul. Pretty pumped. Looking forward to starting this career
Cool ! welcome. you’ll do just fine. Try your hardest not to pay attention to all the gossip bullshit. There’s a lot of us old cranky guys here LOL come and learn then make your money. Where’s the school at ? I know there’s one going on in Denver.

Cool ! welcome. you’ll do just fine. Try your hardest not to pay attention to all the gossip ********. There’s a lot of us old cranky guys here LOL come and learn then make your money. Where’s the school at ? I know there’s one going on in Denver.
I’ll be doing my training in Pico Rivera or Gardena

Also ,why do Non union Terminals in the Reddaway system think that they are covered under the western agreement? I will tell you why.Because that is what Management has told them.see a pattern here? The only non union Reddaway employees that are covered under the western agreement are those who work at a Terminal that voted or Card checked and Won Representation and are Recognized by the Teamsters as such. Get it?
Do you work for the union chucker or company corporate?