TForce | Teamsters or APWA (All Threads Merged)

icon1.gif
Re: clarify
Thanks for the reply, could you also reply in the forums so anyone with the same questions will have an answer, thanks.

FM

Well you know Krash, sometimes the only way you can keep threads fresh is to post to the thread.
Than reply to your own post if no-one else does.
When everyone stops posting to this tread it will float down to the bottom of this page.
Than it goes bye,bye.
A current page with current threads,and everyone forgets about this old news.

Teamsters by far. At the same time, their leadership needs to be held more accountable on some levels and only get one pension too for being an official. Overall, Teamsters do a good job and the members are what make the whole thing worth it.

Well you know Krash, sometimes the only way you can keep threads fresh is to post to the thread.
When everyone stops posting to this tread it will float down to the bottom of this page.
Than it goes bye,bye.

Apo,
Familyman was posting private messages he had with nospin. Instead of doing it in one post, he did it in several...so he wasn't replying to himself...just continuing his origional post.:funky:

OK,OK,UPSF GLAD TO BE NON-UNION,I see by your post reply that I've missed the point once again.
Thats what I get for posting on this truckingboard when I'm getting sleepy?
Well thanks again for your correction of my lame post.

icon1.gif
Re: clarify
Thanks for the reply, could you also reply in the forums so anyone with the same questions will have an answer, thanks.

FM

They "will try" too negotiate the Health and Welfare , then they will charge $225 for the initiation fees and then charge $66.00 a month for the first 6 mths. And then $33.00 a month thereafter. And you seem to think I will be getting some monies back.

What exactly am I getting out of this , and there is no spin attached, It is exactly what nospin quoted!!!!!

With no leverage, and now nothing else!!!! WOW what a deal.

Hey tell the APWA I have a car to sell them with no engine that runs great for free with a destination charge of $225.00, and no warranties except for those excluded in the sales agreement.:chairshot: :chairshot: :nutkick:

They "will try" too negotiate the Health and Welfare , then they will charge $225 for the initiation fees and then charge $66.00 a month for the first 6 mths. And then $33.00 a month thereafter. And you seem to think I will be getting some monies back.

What exactly am I getting out of this , and there is no spin attached, It is exactly what nospin quoted!!!!!

With no leverage, and now nothing else!!!! WOW what a deal.

Hey tell the APWA I have a car to sell them with no engine that runs great for free with a destination charge of $225.00, and no warranties except for those excluded in the sales agreement.:chairshot: :chairshot: :nutkick:

I want this car! I "will try" to come up with the money. If so do I get half back?

Than it goes bye,bye.
I'm sure this is not a NON issue for most of the people at UPSF, and thus will not just go away with the old news.

My posting was to give a little more insight into the differences in the Teamsters and the APWA, I don't understand why you should have to pay initiation dues when you would be a newly organized unit, with the Teamsters you are exempt from initiation fees until after ratifiying a contract then any new hires would have to pay initiation fees unless they are already a card carrying member.

NoSpin did indeed reply just not in public and I felt it should be made public as it DOES effect you if and when you chose a representative.

I don't agree with alot of what the Teamsters do, as many who have been with these boards since the beginning can testify to but if I were given a choice of the APWA or the Teamsters I would have to chose the Teamsters, for several reasons, they have the experience to get me the best deal in negotiations (which reguardless T or APWA you would still vote to accept) The Teamsters aren't asking for your money before doing anything for you the APWA is, which really doesn't sit right with me.

Nothing is perfect the Co, The Teamsters, The APWA heck not even me, but the more informd you are the better chance at making a good choice you have.

Hope that clarifies that a little.

FM

PS, nospin did reply and thank me for posting the PM's, he said he has been busy which we can all relate to, I don't get on here as often anymore myself, just not enough hours in the day.

Well the thing is why do most of my UPS Freight co-workers think we need to have representation from any outside party to begin with?
Yes theres been many changes since the rebranding.
But do you feel a threat from UPS to feel the need for any union representation?

UPS's C.E.O.gave the Teamsters a free hand in organizing us,right after UPS officialy took us over.
I know most agree that I'm not giving the Teamsters a chance.
But what have we actualy seen the Teamster do for us up to this point in time?

I'm sure this may be just my opinion,most on here don't share my views,but I don't feel threatend by UPS in any way,and I'd just as soon stay non-union.

Apos,
As you may know I work at FXF, so I don't have a dog in this fight so to speak, however I am inquisitive and when I see something that doesn't make sense or ring true I like to ask questions to get a better understanding.
Since I don't work for UPSF I can't say why anyone there wants or needs a Union, but apparently there is a need or at least a want or this would have been a dead issue long ago. I do think that even though some don't consider you guys as UPSers, you should be one with your counter parts at UPS. When one is union and the other not it breeds bad feelings between the two as it used to with Holland and Dugan, you both need to be on the same team reguardless of which team that is.

The Teamsters or even the APWA can't do anything with out a contract and elected representation, however from what I've heard you guys did get pay and benefit increases after the last organizing attempt, true?

FM

I'll be one of the first to agree that the Teamsters hasseling Overnite big time to go union since 1987 I believe.
Overnite has compensated us with better wages,and benefits,more so than if we didn't have the union hounding us to join them.

The thing I have always found odd,is that the Teamsters have always maintained that they don't do after any company employyes to get them to join up.
I hired on with Overnite mid 1986,and you could really fool me if that was a true story.

But either way even though we aren't in any union,we'er a lot better off because the union was putting pressure on Overnite all those years to get the employees to sign on with them for representation.
Its well known on these truckingboards that I was a Teamster for just over 20 years before I took a withdrawl to hire on at Overnite,just over 20 years ago.
Its my choice to be non-union,rather than union,but most don't share my many years of experience with both sides.

We both know that everyone has to do what they feel will work best for them.

relpy

If you guys want a debate then call Danny or Van and ask for one. Send them an email. Have your local type up an official request to have a debate on their letterhead and send it to the APWA's address. That would be the professional way to go about it. But a webboard is not the place to issue an invitation for a debate. Hoffa doesn't go to web boards and neither does Van or Danny.

Let me repeat this again since you guys don't catch stuff the first time around..... Call/email/mail the APWA to express your interest to have a debate between the APWA and IBT.
well for your info a letter was sent nov and no reply as yet lets see if they will attend i will post it when i get a answer

Apos,
As you may know I work at FXF, so I don't have a dog in this fight so to speak, however I am inquisitive and when I see something that doesn't make sense or ring true I like to ask questions to get a better understanding.
Since I don't work for UPSF I can't say why anyone there wants or needs a Union, but apparently there is a need or at least a want or this would have been a dead issue long ago. I do think that even though some don't consider you guys as UPSers, you should be one with your counter parts at UPS. When one is union and the other not it breeds bad feelings between the two as it used to with Holland and Dugan, you both need to be on the same team reguardless of which team that is.

The Teamsters or even the APWA can't do anything with out a contract and elected representation, however from what I've heard you guys did get pay and benefit increases after the last organizing attempt, true?

FM

Yes true, after every campaign for the 23 years I have been here. And yes true, We need to be on the same page as all upsers.

As in any organization, there are detractors. We have TDU leading the bandwagon in the IBT. However, if you just go back one week you'll see that the Teamster membership voted 2 to 1 in favor of Hoffa and against TDU/Leedham. Don't believe everything you read.
stldude44, is this a good or bad thing? Just asking your opinion.

stldude44, is this a good or bad thing? Just asking your opinion.
Bulldog,
In my opinion it's a good thing that TDU was soundly defeated. While I seldom agree with them, they aren't 100% bad, but they are used by non Union Mgmt. to scare away potential cardsigners. All they do is run down the Teamsters....that is...except for when they were the ones giving things away all through the 90's....then they told us how great they were. Most of us can see through their smoke and mirrors, thankfully.

Bulldog,
In my opinion it's a good thing that TDU was soundly defeated. While I seldom agree with them, they aren't 100% bad, but they are used by non Union Mgmt. to scare away potential cardsigners. All they do is run down the Teamsters....that is...except for when they were the ones giving things away all through the 90's....then they told us how great they were. Most of us can see through their smoke and mirrors, thankfully.

I think TDU is a great watchdog. At the same time, they slam Hoffa any time they have a chance and will always take the opposite road he is on. I do question them at times too, but then again, sometimes I cannot tell myself who is who.

BD,
Like I said, I don't totally disagree with everything they say or do, but they're only trying to get control again....and I don't have a short memory....I remember the 90's very well. With that being said, I think that the election, like almost all elections nowdays, was more of a lesser of the 2 evils thing....some people just had differences on what side was more evil. These trying times are hard for all Union leaders when the vast majority of members wouldn't come close to the caliber of the old guys who built this Union. The oldtimers were tough and looked out for each other....nowdays most guys want it to be all about them and all they care about is a good paycheck and little more. Hoffa nor TDU can change that...and the worst part is that we're in a time when corporate America could care less about anybody or anything except numbers and profit. I'd hate to be young in these days because it's going to get worse before it gets better.