TForce | Teamsters or APWA (All Threads Merged)

stldude44,
Thanks for the info.! This is very interesting! I'll have too look into the TDU to learn what they are all about.
Bulldog,
You're welcome. Just don't fall for the sales pitch! They talk a good game, but delivered about zero in the 90's.....the funny thing was that when they gave things away they told us what a victory it was for us and their devotees agreed. It was weird and cultlike almost.

I also have too agree with all you said about coporate America also!
Amen Brother. Trust me, when some unfortunate driver has an accident corpAmer will get on the computer to see how much freight that guy ruined.....without ever giving one thought as to how he is, or if he's dead or alive.

Bulldog,
You're welcome. Just don't fall for the sales pitch! They talk a good game, but delivered about zero in the 90's.....the funny thing was that when they gave things away they told us what a victory it was for us and their devotees agreed. It was weird and cultlike almost.
Stldude,
I'm sure they have a good sales pitch! The cult part does sound pretty weird. I just read an article from the TDU about UPSers in New York supposedly getting a 30% cut of their pensions! I'll have to get the website for you, or just email it to you and see what you think. Thanks for enlightening me again. We're going to have to make this a class so I can get some kind of credits for learning!!

Stldude,
I'm sure they have a good sales pitch! The cult part does sound pretty weird. I just read an article from the TDU about UPSers in New York supposedly getting a 30% cut of their pensions! I'll have to get the website for you, or just email it to you and see what you think. Thanks for enlightening me again. We're going to have to make this a class so I can get some kind of credits for learning!!

From what I understand,this was Ron C***** local # 804...seems they are fairing much better than those in the central states benefit fund. To the tune of about $6400.00/mo. in pension before the 30% cuts. How is that for taking care of you brethern ?:hide:

From what I understand,this was Ron C***** local # 804...seems they are fairing much better than those in the central states benefit fund. To the tune of about $6400.00/mo. in pension before the 30% cuts. How is that for taking care of you brethern ?:hide:

They were not getting 6400 a month and the 30% cuts are not in pension payments they are cuts in accrual rates. Those cuts are by UPS not the Teamsters
Read the article, don't read into it

They were not getting 6400 a month and the 30% cuts are not in pension payments they are cuts in accrual rates. Those cuts are by UPS not the Teamsters
Read the article, don't read into it

I am reading so much stuff now I can't keep track of it and,quite frankly, it is smoking up what few brain cells I have left. :smilie_132:

BusterNite,
I did hear some talk about buyouts and early outs! I guess all of that was just rumor? Keep your hopes up, who knows whats going to happen!?

Early buyouts are going on at UPS. Corporate managers are being offered buyouts to reduced redundacy amgonst the many companies.
SCS cut close to 10,000 upper level jobs in Oct and another 1200 are being asked in Dec and Jan.

Early buyouts are going on at UPS. Corporate managers are being offered buyouts to reduced redundacy amgonst the many companies.
SCS cut close to 10,000 upper level jobs in Oct and another 1200 are being asked in Dec and Jan.

Ask Me, Ask Me, I am a top paid senior man. This will save them money!

Go talk to any money manager/stock broker and they will tell you the same thing over and over again. Stay away from letting Central States get the UPGF pension, do not let them get your pension. Its a money issue and any person with financial common sense will see why, if they take the time to study the numbers. As for Teamsters being able to get a solid contract for us they can do that all day and do a great job. I need to get a large pension when I retire not a small one. The mechanics at UPS Package get around a $7000.00 a month pension while package drivers get $1500.00 to $3000.00 Why? I know this to be fact. Please dont speculate but go and find out why. If you dont go find out why then Im sorry. I WILL TELL YOU 2 DIFFERENT UNIONS. Go ask any stock broker he will explain. It is how the money is handled. So I say no to Teamsters as long as they want to blend my pension with another.

Teamsters Central States nor any other fund will be able to touch your Overnite Pension. Anybody that tells you they will is LYING or they just plain DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.