FedEx Freight | Teamsters Roll Call...Who's getting the ball rolling?

You will find the guys who resist the union the most are the ones who kiss the most butts and have their little side deals with management.

Not necessarily so. The ones I know are anything but ass kissers, but have had negative dealings with one union or another in the past and can't put it behind them. That is their right.

Did POS hold their first meeting yet? NHS is having their second. It would be nice to have POS, NHS, and HGR vote around the same time. My worry is that the will route freight around one of us if we all don't go union.

While I understand the FEAR, that would be illegal under federal law. Plus, they're having enough trouble getting freight routed in a consistanttimely fashion now. There is no way they could service the freight if it was rerouted.

You will find the guys who resist the union the most are the ones who kiss the most butts and have their little side deals with management.

While I find that true to some extent, it seems MOST are not aware of where we stand in comparison to the competition. For them, education is an eye opening experience.

If freight goes union don't u see fedex popping national back up..shifting majority of the freight to non union divisions? Seems they would do something. I might be careful what I wished for.

Guys touting anti-union false information are doing it for selfish reasons, they have the most to lose. They'll lose their favoritism or power over another group. We had a road driver, who is also a mentor, snitch within 24 hours of cards being in our hands at NHS. Guy got the day off PAID to come in several hours before his run, snitch to to the TM, and get the night off with pay. It's amazing what folks do to save their own hide while flipping the bird to your fellow workers. I'm sure our new union steward will not forget the actions of this coward...not if the vote passes but WHEN THE VOTE PASSES.

Did POS hold their first meeting yet? NHS is having their second. It would be nice to have POS, NHS, and HGR vote around the same time. My worry is that the will route freight around one of us if we all don't go union.
I personally would worry about the opposite happening. In my opinion, the only possibility the union thing would have would be for it to be across the board...Company wide. Then maybe.

If freight goes union don't u see fedex popping national back up..shifting majority of the freight to non union divisions? Seems they would do something. I might be careful what I wished for.

Think they could buy all those terminals back?
Aside from the fact that it's illegal as hell.

You all need to start writing down what changes are needed to be put in your contract. This is happening guys, it may take some time but it is going down! Get prepared.

Yep, way back when, RC worked under the NMFA. It was so nice to have a pocket sized copy of the contract, always at hand.
Everything in black and white. Not even one letter was gray.
When I started here they gave us a copy of the rules....wait that was AF.....now it's a loose leaf binder that is changed at whim

Tonight's NHS meeting was a major success. I hope the major terminals that will be filing in the next several weeks will convince you guys who don't want to take the first plunge, to stand up and be heard!

There are several versions of the union contract for different companies. At ABF and YRC we pay nothing for our insurance for ourselves and family. It's very good insurance.It all depends on the negotiated contract that you the members get to vote on.

Hey folks!

This is going to be our first contract.

I don't want to sound like a defeatist, but....,,,
Don't push the company into a corner....
Don't make them feel threatened to the point that all they can do is stonewall.
The sun and moon and the pie in the sky will come....

Wow! What a great thread, still going and on topic throughout and, by and large, positive. One thing to remember, a rising tide raises all boats. If FedEx went union, it would have a resounding effect throughout the industry. It would help the employees at the current union carriers like YRC. It would give employees at non-unions like Conway the incentive to join your ranks. Of course that is not your concern right now, but it would be to your benefit in the future. I can understand why some people don't want to be in a union, but as long as your working for the man, you might as well have the best situation.