tears

really??

There is no crying in trucking

tell that to the wives of the men that lost their jobs and have compassion and concern for the friends that are going to have to struggle to pay the bills next month.. maybe you aren't crying but I know some that are and that means they care.:sadwavey:

I see he or she is a new poster the boards. Just wait until Sun Capitol completes their mission of totally tearing this company apart piece by piece. And they are in the unemployment line with the rest of us.

I don't know what land of illusion that people live in, but there is no job that you are safe from being fired/laid off. I've been laid off twice by "major" trucking companies when they need to downsize. does it suck, yes but it's always easy to put the blame on others.

I don't know what land of illusion that people live in, but there is no job that you are safe from being fired/laid off. I've been laid off twice by "major" trucking companies when they need to downsize. does it suck, yes but it's always easy to put the blame on others.

How come the south regional sales person couldn't show the records that we were losing money but could talk about it. I lay all the blame on Jevic for this. Jevic's upper management. Why get rid of 1 of the 3 power houses that made money for Jevic. Why should any driver take blame for Jevic's mishap. When its clearly the corporate suits fault that this has happened. There are plenty of older trucking companies still in business and they are probably smaller than Jevic and they are doing fine. Sounds like to me that someone doesn't know how to run a company except in the ground. They should have taken pointers from Harry and maybe this wouldn't have happen....:hysterical::biglaugh:

sorry to say i never worked for jevic, but i do feel the pain(s) of closings and such. it is ALWAYS the managements fault for failures, at least this has been my observations over the years. afterall, the drivers and dockworkers and mechanics and secretaries are doing thier jobs. they don't pay the bills or create them. that's managements job, pure and simple.

i do fear that more jevic terminals will shut down, and i think some of you already know this. many companies claim they are "downsizing", but then they find that the financial bleeding didn't stop at the places they thought were doing the bleeding in the first place.

i do hope for the best for you jevic people, but for your sakes, expect the worst. and if they say "stay till will close for good, we'll take care of you with severance packages and such".......run like the wind as soon as you hear that rhetoric.......you owe them nothing till the end.......and i think you know what you'll get in "your end" if you believe them.

sorry to say i never worked for jevic, but i do feel the pain(s) of closings and such. it is ALWAYS the managements fault for failures, at least this has been my observations over the years. afterall, the drivers and dockworkers and mechanics and secretaries are doing thier jobs. they don't pay the bills or create them. that's managements job, pure and simple.

i do fear that more jevic terminals will shut down, and i think some of you already know this. many companies claim they are "downsizing", but then they find that the financial bleeding didn't stop at the places they thought were doing the bleeding in the first place.

i do hope for the best for you jevic people, but for your sakes, expect the worst. and if they say "stay till will close for good, we'll take care of you with severance packages and such".......run like the wind as soon as you hear that rhetoric.......you owe them nothing till the end.......and i think you know what you'll get in "your end" if you believe them.

Thank You pro best to you and yours :smilie_132:

Hey Brother, I dont like your taste in women....But you sound like you have plenty sense. About you.

Yeah, their downsizing is due to having to get rid of all their illegal alien drivers. Which still keeps them at least one notch above Jevic.

Yeah, their downsizing is due to having to get rid of all their illegal alien drivers. Which still keeps them at least one notch above Jevic.

Another fantastic company flame job.

Jevic:

Best in class provider of LTL service specializing in the PFF, Haz Mat, and low claims through our unique Breakbulk Free system.