Terminal manager assaults female worker

Fthemwithasmile

TB Lurker
Credits
Rumor has it that the terminal manager at the Auburn Terminal assaulted a female employee today. I heard she was walking out of a meeting and he grabbed her by the arm and wouldn't let go after she asked multiple times for him to let go. :chairshot:

With all of the DVD's and other propoganda the company has been putting out there you would think that it would be an employee that snapped and cross checked a supervisor before one the them assaulted one of the employees. Just goes to show that noone is comfortable working for the Van Derpol's at this stage of the game. :smilie_132:

Yes, it was during a driver's meeting. The terminal manager should be one who demonstrates restraint and professionalism to the max. That's just to prove that OHFL Auburn is run by supervisors and a terminal manager who have no knowledge of the requirements needed for such positions. Instead, "Let's just get an Everett sales person to run a terminal", and a bunch of ignorant and dimwitted brown-nosers that will obey every command unconditionally as supervisors. The place is run by people who have been there for years, yet are strangely incompetent and stupid.

Just goes to show that noone is comfortable working for the Van Derpol's at this stage of the game. :smilie_132:

So..... what do the Vanderpols have to do with this specific event and how comfortable we should be is relevant how?
I'm with you all the way, its just that your comment loses strength with irrelevancy and bashing, dear friend.

Yes, it was during a driver's meeting. The terminal manager should be one who demonstrates restraint and professionalism to the max. That's just to prove that OHFL Auburn is run by supervisors and a terminal manager who have no knowledge of the requirements needed for such positions. Instead, Let's just get an Everett sales person to run a"terminal", and a bunch of ignorant and dimwitted brown-nosers that will obey every command unconditionally as supervisors. The place is run by people who have been there for years, yet are strangely incompetent and stupid.

I may be wrong, but I thought he was the Everett Terminal Manager...

But on the main subject, I heard she left and filed assault charges against him. Thats all rumor though. Hopefully i see her tomorrow and asked what all went down. Thanks for laughs, Bill :smilie_132:

Shame on you David and Ed for letting this type of work enviroment prevail. This goes to show why we need the union.

TEAMSTER SOLIDARITY :1036316054:

So..... what do the Vanderpols have to do with this specific event and how comfortable we should be is relevant how?
I'm with you all the way, its just that your comment loses strength with irrelevancy and bashing, dear friend.

The way they have presented their "options" and the resistance that the "options" have met have put everyone on edge. It just goes to show that not just the union employees have concerns but everyone from top down is leading a very stressfull life right now.

That is how this is relevant to me in this situation. I could be wrong but that is my opinion,

when anger and ego's prevail all leadership and control is lost, and yet this is the type of leadership that is put in place by David and Ed, therefore this does reflect on them

The previous post is exactly right. Dave and Ed are where the buck stops. and anyone they hire in management and that person acts is a direct reflection on them and their company.

Dabve and Ed have shown a great deal of lack of wisdom since they took over this company from Henry,a nd especially in their choices for management. The only thing that has kept this company going so good for so long are the front-line employees, and I dare say we all know that...

So what really happened? were the police involved and are they going to terminate this Terminal Manager? They'd terminate one of us for the same action. Will the company provide legal help for this Mgr? Send in the attorneys negotiating our contract, they don't seem to be to be to busy sorting out our issues. If there is some kind of settlement will it effect our Operating Ratio?

Just Curious:smilie_132:

Kudos to David and Ed for uniting the employees of oak harbor even more than ever before. Their care less attitude towards their employees again shines thru the doom and gloom of what has now became the norm at oak harbor.This terminal manager should in the very least have been suspended without pay pending an investigation as to what happened. Is this now setting the standard that any person in management can now physically harass or intimidate any employee with impunity. The work ethics of upper management has totally destroyed the dedication that employees once had for this company. David an Ed bear full responsibility for this for not immediately condoning this type of behavior

Teamster Solidarity :1036316054:

Destoy morale and you have nothing

Kudos to David and Ed for uniting the employees of oak harbor even more than ever before. Their care less attitude towards their employees again shines thru the doom and gloom of what has now became the norm at oak harbor.This terminal manager should in the very least have been suspended without pay pending an investigation as to what happened. Is this now setting the standard that any person in management can now physically harass or intimidate any employee with impunity. The work ethics of upper management has totally destroyed the dedication that employees once had for this company. David an Ed bear full responsibility for this for not immediately condeming this type of behavior

Destoy morale and you have nothing

but to stand up for what you believe in is everything

Try to explain how a manager can be controlled like a puppet just because he works for this person or that.Is your attitude about the your job or each other controlled by your boss.It is ,based upon what has already been written above.So if you have a bad attitude it is your boss's fault.I have read how company bashing is in the norm now for all the forums .I see that most of the posting population would like to improve conditions etc.Do you think anybody actually sends suggestions to corp office trying to help improve things or speak up during company meeting.Just like voting,if you are quiet during your meeting ,don't complain.

The previous post is exactly right. Dave and Ed are where the buck stops. and anyone they hire in management and that person acts is a direct reflection on them and their company.

Dabve and Ed have shown a great deal of lack of wisdom since they took over this company from Henry,a nd especially in their choices for management. The only thing that has kept this company going so good for so long are the front-line employees, and I dare say we all know that...

You've totally missed the point. My contention isn't that the Vanderpol's have NO fault in this specific situation. Let me clarify: the Vanderpol's are at fault indirectly, not directly. That's all I was saying. My contention is rather that your comments lose strength with bashing.That's it, please don't read more into that.

Th easiest way to defeat an opponent is to destroy moral. with such a caring family atmosphere at oak harbor, can anyone honestly say that they have the best interests of you and your family in mind. Can you feel the love

Try to explain how a manager can be controlled like a puppet just because he works for this person or that.Is your attitude about the your job or each other controlled by your boss.It is ,based upon what has already been written above.So if you have a bad attitude it is your boss's fault.I have read how company bashing is in the norm now for all the forums .I see that most of the posting population would like to improve conditions etc.Do you think anybody actually sends suggestions to corp office trying to help improve things or speak up during company meeting.Just like voting,if you are quiet during your meeting ,don't complain.
Do you think any of these Companies really give a rats behind what the employees think about anything? If you do you're living in a fantasy world.

Do you think any of these Companies really give a rats behind what the employees think about anything? If you do you're living in a fantasy world.

I know they don't but this does get there attention, because as you can see looking at the threads they are on here reading this and posting reply's I am also hearing that a few shippers and recievers have also been here looking to see what is being said, so i wonder if customers will be lost due to behavior like this, since commen sense is to seperate yourself as far as possible from any type of assualt or domestic violence issues

Assault True

Unfortunately it is true. She tried to leave a meeting in which the company was manipulating employees. Bill H grabbed her by the arm and told her she was not to leave the meeting. I am absolutely appauled. It's a good thing im not employed there anymore. If he would of grabbed me he would of been on his back with his nose in his throat. Sorry to hear that oak harbor has to go to such pathetic measures. :chairshot: Im ready to bring down the burn barrel

as was said about my post does mgmt really care what you think? Truth, i have never been asked what i think but i have told them during a meeting what i think knowing it like talking to the wall.Do they care,maybe ,will they change anything because you said something,likely not.But on the other side of the coin i have never had to sit in one of the high corp meeting and listen to what they have to deal with with regulations and gov't controls and wonder if the employees really care what they think.so i would say it works even.