SAIA | Terminal Phone Numbers

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
Ever since terminals started going dark, the phones have been routed to call centers. That is not only dark terminals, but some that are open during the day as well.

How many of us road drivers are getting the back line numbers as the occasion presents itself? I know I am. Every terminal that I have to lay down at, I'm asking for their back line just in case the numbers on the website have been changed. It is surprising how many have been changed. Talking to the call centers is equivalent to talking to central dispatch during rush hour.

GVL is that way now. I thought I had called the number we use to dispatch by mistake. CLT is the same number as always, and I cannot comment on ATL b/c I always use the direct line to dispatch. I know it's got to be irritating for system drivers.

yep this is a new prob, that is happening alot. You would think that this company would publish those phone numbers on the web site so we wouldn't have to call central. Isn't that the objective---to not have to call central??? Would be nice if they kept all info about Terminals CURRENT on the web site. :Flame-On:

yep this is a new prob, that is happening alot. You would think that this company would publish those phone numbers on the web site so we wouldn't have to call central. Isn't that the objective---to not have to call central??? Would be nice if they kept all info about Terminals CURRENT on the web site. :Flame-On:

The numbers on the website are routed to call centers. This helps to keep the dark terminals dark. Also, since pick up calls are sent to the drivers thru the nextels that eliminates one step for the dispatchers by having the calls entered once.

My original point is when I come to a terminal that I am unsure if I have their back line number, I ask. Since I am a system driver this has proved to be most useful. If I had a regular run, the numbers wouldn't be such a big deal.

Also, it reminds me to ask if the terminal goes dark, and if so, when it reopens to handle the outbound freight.

I understand what your saying BT. I was referring to our portion of the website--the employee login, under terminal info.
Seems to me that those numbers ought to be on there for the drivers.

I agree. However, I believe the intent is to force all calls thru the call center. It is like anything else we do. Work around the system to make a practical application of the process.

I try to avoid talking to Central Dispatch unless absolutely necessary. All the information they seem to have access to is what is on the computer. Sometimes one wonders if even then they are getting the complete picture.

:party-smiley-017:FON-1-800 600-0509,,,,ext 1=disp-office....ext 5425 dock stand....24/7,guard at gate.:mfight:

:party-smiley-017:FON-1-800 600-0509,,,,ext 1=disp-office....ext 5425 dock stand....24/7,guard at gate.:mfight:

I hope the guards there are more active than the one in STL. I think you had to honk to get him to look up from the paper. The pen he had was used for crossword puzzles.

I guess finding the phone numbers gives something to do when we're bored.

i'll set the alarm off at 2 am and let them come out and tell me what it is

HAHAHAHA Wonder who is on call this weekend.

It's odd how long they went in between changing the code, and now it's changed 3 times in a few months. I can give you the new code if they don't know it at the terminal yet, jack knife.

i think it's ET, wouldn't be the first time i got him up hehehe. thanks for the offer but you are on vacation i don't want to call you at 2 AM :-)

I hope the guards there are more active than the one in STL. I think you had to honk to get him to look up from the paper. The pen he had was used for crossword puzzles.

I guess finding the phone numbers gives something to do when we're bored.

There are a couple guards in STL that would not move if their booth was on fire!