Pitt-Ohio | Terrible Debut

This is off topic. Hello Sabres. Guess you just could not stay away from the LTL world!!
Their close to home and their insurance awesome. It was time for me to move on from Pyle when they complained about my son's emergency head surgery at the annual meeting. On top of the fact that Syracuse couldn't keep a doubles driver and I wasn't going to spend another 3-4 months staying in Syracuse. Hopefully your doing well. I remember meeting you in Buffalo and West Chester.

Their close to home and their insurance awesome. It was time for me to move on from Pyle when they complained about my son's emergency head surgery at the annual meeting. On top of the fact that Syracuse couldn't keep a doubles driver and I wasn't going to spend another 3-4 months staying in Syracuse. Hopefully your doing well. I remember meeting you in Buffalo and West Chester.
Yes. If memory serves, you started in York. Then to Buffalo for family. I am doing fine. Pyle, is not a good fit for everyone. Especially in smaller terminals. You did what was right for you. West Chester has an ex Pitt driver now. Just started about a month ago. Nothing bad to say about them. Just his commute is now shorter

Yes. If memory serves, you started in York. Then to Buffalo for family. I am doing fine. Pyle, is not a good fit for everyone. Especially in smaller terminals. You did what was right for you. West Chester has an ex Pitt driver now. Just started about a month ago. Nothing bad to say about them. Just his commute is now shorter
It takes me about 6 minutes to get to work now. Gas is heading back up around here already. Gonna save a nice chunk of change with the short commute.

Any discussion about buying the Buffalo New Penn terminal ? They will be moving out very soon. Would be a nice terminal for Pitt. If they continue the turnpike doubles operation they can hook them up right on the property.
The Holland terminal next door to New Penn's will also be empty- all going to the YRC barn. In Syracuse either the YRC or New Penn terminal( next door to each other) will be available as they will be combined. The question is who owns them, in 08/09 tons were sold to other LTL's and investment companies. Also New Penn Rochester to close.

The Holland terminal next door to New Penn's will also be empty- all going to the YRC barn. In Syracuse either the YRC or New Penn terminal( next door to each other) will be available as they will be combined. The question is who owns them, in 08/09 tons were sold to other LTL's and investment companies. Also New Penn Rochester to close.
So is NP in Maspeth. Most likely by years end

I read that also in the change of operations. I have a feeling it is incorrect. The Holland Buffalo barn just had several upgrades. Also the big Holland sign was recently taken down and replaced with a Yellow sign. I believe the barn will be used. We will find out soon !

So is NP in Maspeth. Most likely by years end
I lived in Queens in the early 80’s and New Penn was in that terminal at that time. I wonder how long they’ve been there. I don’t remember if it was Maspeth or Grand Avenues but Roadway was close by.

I lived in Queens in the early 80’s and New Penn was in that terminal at that time. I wonder how long they’ve been there. I don’t remember if it was Maspeth or Grand Avenues but Roadway was close by.
On the NP page a driver said they were moving into the Yellow barn. Google maps has them on the corner of Grand and Page. Page connects with Maspeth ave

I read that also in the change of operations. I have a feeling it is incorrect. The Holland Buffalo barn just had several upgrades. Also the big Holland sign was recently taken down and replaced with a Yellow sign. I believe the barn will be used. We will find out soon !
could be, the Yellow barn is huge compared to NP or Holland's.

On the NP page a driver said they were moving into the Yellow barn. Google maps has them on the corner of Grand and Page. Page connects with Maspeth ave
I rode with my dad a few times to pick up phone books at R.R. Donnelley on Grand Ave, hard to believe it was 49-50 years ago, but I remember seeing a lot of Roadway and New Penn trucks in the area. I just checked Google Earth myself and see that the NP terminal was just a few blocks further down Maspeth Ave and the then-new warehouse we picked up at has since been torn down and replaced by an Amazon DC.

CANNOT IGNORE the CLINTON DINER IN THE MIDST OF THIS
Thanks for bringing this up! That was across the street from the Donnelley warehouse and I remember there was always a couple of trucks parked on the street out front but never knew of the Goodfellas connection despite having researched several locations I recognized in the movie. My memories of that area date back to almost 20 years before Goodfellas was in theaters.

I worked at Sanborns Motor Express near UPS in Maspeth. Great sandwiches and bowl of pickles.. Mid afternoon back for rice pudding, coffee and a cigar.
We had a driver, Sammy the Bug , from the union hall get hit by a train at the crossing there. He had a pup, stopped on the tracks and gates went down. He bailed out and train cut the trailer in half.