Texas-Driver of an 18-wheeler escaped before fire

SevenOfNine

TB Lurker
Credits
Police said the 43-year-old driver of an 18-wheeler managed to escape seconds before the cab of the truck ignited into flames Monday afternoon on Interstate 37 near the McKinzie Lane exit.

About 1:45 p.m. Angel Porras, a Mexican national and an employee of a Mississippi-based trucking company, was traveling northbound on I-37 towards the Calallen area when another vehicle pulled in front of the truck, police said.

To avoid hitting the vehicle, Porras slammed on the truck’s brakes, which caused the truck to careen across three lanes of traffic before hitting a concrete barrier.
story link

You aren't helping my confidince any by posting these accidents.........I'm going for my CDL permit Monday!! I need to have a clear, relaxed mind, and you're not making it any easier! :chairshot: DS.

Posting these accidents will hopefully make someone realize just how dangerous it is out there and might save a life or lives.

As for you doing well for your CDL permit. I am sure you will ace it DS!
Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

SevenOfNine said:
Posting these accidents will hopefully make someone realize just how dangerous it is out there and might save a life or lives.

As for you doing well for your CDL permit. I am sure you will ace it DS!
Big-Thumbs-Up.gif
You are right, information is important. Thanks for the vote of confidance!:bgroovy: DS.

As professional drivers the most important thing is focus.

Over my many years of driving for a living,when it comes to driver error,in any accident its always a fact.
That some one wasn't focused on what they where doing.