Texas terminals

Well I used to work for Sysco North TX., left last June to upgrade my CDL. I drove a straight truck for them on the marketfresh side, basically 2 runs a day. Sysco North TX is non-union and they encourage every warehouse worker and driver there to keep it that way, extremely anti-union. Houston and San Antonio are union hubs.
That being said, it wasn't horrible and they will work your ass off. Dallas/Ft. Worth boom of restaurants, schools, hospitals etc. keeps a constant flow of work and they are big on servicing the customer no matter what. If you have your class A already and get hired on they will usually put you on a 12 week training program where you are with another driver to work with and they show you the ropes of the handheld, routes, customer service sysco way etc. In the program you are paid hourly of 22 or 23 an hour. Trailer guys work on average 50-60 hrs 5-6 days a week. Upon completion of your 12 weeks you go on "driver incentive pay, DIP" paid by the case, mileage, pre/post trip, delay pay. Cases are .22 with premium case at .26 I think. Premium meaning if u have to push the ::shit:: down stairs or up on different floors or far away.
A lot of the trailer guys making a lot of money there and EARNING every penny of it for sure. Some guys get nicer routes of course where electric jacks can be used to unload quickly at a few stops, depends. I have heard however the new guys tend to get screwed on routes and floated more often. Again depends how good you are and what you can show them giving them incentive to keep u on 1-2 usual routes a week vs. being treated like a red headed step child. They love workers and that's what they strive for since there is plenty of work.
Insurance wasn't that great imo, i passed while I was there. For family it was around 380 a month with each persons deductible around 1-1.5k. Single insurance was around 110 a month with similar deductible.

Shift times for trailer drivers fluctuate depending on route from 2am-5 or 6am. Overnight drivers always go out with a lumper for safety and start around 9-10pm. Heavy days expect 12-14 hr days and lighter days maybe 8 hrs or less and off by 12 noon or so. They give you a shoe allowance which is helpful since the ramp eats up your soles within 3-4 months. I think the allowance is 200 a year when I left. They have safety bonus perks and are big on safety. ABSOLUTELY no cell phone policy while moving and truck in gear. They have drive cam on you and facing towards outside of truck. 1 bump can set it off and it records what your doing for 8 seconds so if your on the phone or even eating tou could get a letter. 2 cell phone violations is termination.

It's run a lil like a (⊙▃⊙) prison camp at times but I would imagine the union hubs in Houston and San Antonio do not get away with some of the things management does in N. Texas. They provide uniforms now as well. Thats a lot of info, most trailer guys earning 80k and up with 55-60 hr weeks on average. Also there is time and half after 40 even while being on DIP pay.

Well I used to work for Sysco North TX., left last June to upgrade my CDL. I drove a straight truck for them on the marketfresh side, basically 2 runs a day. Sysco North TX is non-union and they encourage every warehouse worker and driver there to keep it that way, extremely anti-union. Houston and San Antonio are union hubs.
That being said, it wasn't horrible and they will work your ass off. Dallas/Ft. Worth boom of restaurants, schools, hospitals etc. keeps a constant flow of work and they are big on servicing the customer no matter what. If you have your class A already and get hired on they will usually put you on a 12 week training program where you are with another driver to work with and they show you the ropes of the handheld, routes, customer service sysco way etc. In the program you are paid hourly of 22 or 23 an hour. Trailer guys work on average 50-60 hrs 5-6 days a week. Upon completion of your 12 weeks you go on "driver incentive pay, DIP" paid by the case, mileage, pre/post trip, delay pay. Cases are .22 with premium case at .26 I think. Premium meaning if u have to push the :::shit::: down stairs or up on different floors or far away.
A lot of the trailer guys making a lot of money there and EARNING every penny of it for sure. Some guys get nicer routes of course where electric jacks can be used to unload quickly at a few stops, depends. I have heard however the new guys tend to get screwed on routes and floated more often. Again depends how good you are and what you can show them giving them incentive to keep u on 1-2 usual routes a week vs. being treated like a red headed step child. They love workers and that's what they strive for since there is plenty of work.
Insurance wasn't that great imo, i passed while I was there. For family it was around 380 a month with each persons deductible around 1-1.5k. Single insurance was around 110 a month with similar deductible.

Shift times for trailer drivers fluctuate depending on route from 2am-5 or 6am. Overnight drivers always go out with a lumper for safety and start around 9-10pm. Heavy days expect 12-14 hr days and lighter days maybe 8 hrs or less and off by 12 noon or so. They give you a shoe allowance which is helpful since the ramp eats up your soles within 3-4 months. I think the allowance is 200 a year when I left. They have safety bonus perks and are big on safety. ABSOLUTELY no cell phone policy while moving and truck in gear. They have drive cam on you and facing towards outside of truck. 1 bump can set it off and it records what your doing for 8 seconds so if your on the phone or even eating tou could get a letter. 2 cell phone violations is termination.

It's run a lil like a (⊙▃⊙) prison camp at times but I would imagine the union hubs in Houston and San Antonio do not get away with some of the things management does in N. Texas. They provide uniforms now as well. Thats a lot of info, most trailer guys earning 80k and up with 55-60 hr weeks on average. Also there is time and half after 40 even while being on DIP pay.
That being said, it wasn't horrible and they will work your ass off. Dallas/Ft. Worth boom of restaurants, schools, hospitals etc. keeps a constant flow of work and they are big on servicing the customer no matter what. If you have your class A already and get hired on they will usually put you on a 12 week training program where you are with another driver to work with and they show you the ropes of the handheld, routes, customer service sysco way etc. In the program you are paid hourly of 22 or 23 an hour. Trailer guys work on average 50-60 hrs 5-6 days a week. Upon completion of your 12 weeks you go on "driver incentive pay, DIP" paid by the case, mileage, pre/post trip, delay pay. Cases are .22 with premium case at .26 I think. Premium meaning if u have to push the :::shit::: down stairs or up on different floors or far away.

Thanks for the info. I don't know why insurance is so high. For Sysco being as big as it is insurance should be way lower. Fedex I pay $65 a month for decent insurance. It just makes me believe Sysco doesn't really care for there employees. I wonder if union insurance is cheaper.