TForce | TFI Confronts Unprofitable Thorns In UPS Freight Turnaround

How much from A to B.

What does the truck and driver cost from C to A and then B? If you know your costs per truck per day for each and all of them in your fleet you will always get a price out of a shipper making money.

Anyone trying to lowball you simply did not ship with you. Not below your price.

A very long time ago I signed for a tractor, a used one at 40,000 dollars. I was taught that the breakeven for that tractor would be 1.20 a mile and to be profitable with it minimum including me in it is 1.60 a mile. In those days freight could be hauled for up to 2.50ish depending per mile on what you are hauling and where. So in four years it should be free and clear with you in the money.

Minus 10% against a future engine failure or some catastrophic issue. It did not work out for other reasons not germaine to the topic of costs to ship against what it costs to run and keep a tractor trailer, driver, insurance, fuel and company costs etc etc etc etc.

If you are trying to tell me that a company with trucks are losing money hauling for penny ante two bit shippers too cheap to properly pay the rates? Then that's on them. No one to blame but themselves for being taken advantage of.

The LTL's dug the hole they are buried in now. Over 30 years of discounting, waiving of accessorial's, and the like they seem to have figured out what we as drivers knew all along, say no to cheap freight.
I've seen 92% discount, waived liftgate, notification, limited access charges on the same bill.
Rejoice in the grand awakening!!!!!!!!