TForce | TFI may be interested in talking to ArcBest about operational collaboration, TFI chief says

1 of the 3 RDO's that I know. He stated that loyalty meant alot to TFI and they don't like master freight nor the central states
You have to understand that if this ever did happen he’s buying everything that comes with it. What he likes & dislikes doesn’t matter. If you’re high, low or somewhere in between it will affect everyone. Correct me if I’m wrong but I yet to see an end tail in big trucking mergers….

I wouldn't worry about any merger, the master freight agreement and the Central States pension fund, are the biggest obstacles, and the premium price tag .
Upsf has a stand alone pension and a stand alone contract (which is super company friendly) ABF has master freight and some horrible liability in their pension obligations.
Tfi closed the door on all pension obligations owed to all employees in 2021. They will only owe from 2021 forward. They buy ABF they are saddled with pension obligations past , present and future .

I wouldn't worry about any merger, the master freight agreement and the Central States pension fund, are the biggest obstacles, and the premium price tag .
Upsf has a stand alone pension and a stand alone contract (which is super company friendly) ABF has master freight and some horrible liability in their pension obligations.
Tfi closed the door on all pension obligations owed to all employees in 2021. They will only owe from 2021 forward. They buy ABF they are saddled with pension obligations past , present and future .
Yes it ended for UPGF and started for Tforce. Our contract like all of the previous contracts were written for the benefit of the company. We're hopeful that O'Brian will do better.

It isn't ABF buying TFI word is ABF would endtail into TFI.
I doubt this will ever happen. Nobody wants the pension obligation ABF has. If such a buyout were to happen, the buyer or employees do not have the luxury of picking and choosing what they want or wish for. The ruling on the ABF acquistions were they were mergers, therefore employees from companies being bought were dovetailed by seniority. I did not like it but that was the ruling. This happened with the Youngblood, Navajo, ETMF & Carolina Worldway acquisitions. ABF supplied the funds & was the surviving carrier but the opinion of the committee was they were mergers. Lower seniority employees from both companies lost their jobs & others had to move to keep their jobs.
ABF went through a takeover attempt, (Leveraged buyout), many years ago & survived but it was costly.

I doubt this will ever happen. Nobody wants the pension obligation ABF has. If such a buyout were to happen, the buyer or employees do not have the luxury of picking and choosing what they want or wish for. The ruling on the ABF acquistions were they were mergers, therefore employees from companies being bought were dovetailed by seniority. I did not like it but that was the ruling. This happened with the Youngblood, Navajo, ETMF & Carolina Worldway acquisitions. ABF supplied the funds & was the surviving carrier but the opinion of the committee was they were mergers. Lower seniority employees from both companies lost their jobs & others had to move to keep their jobs.
ABF went through a takeover attempt, (Leveraged buyout), many years ago & survived but it was costly.
Yup and the better contract would survive. That would be ABF contract and dovetail. Never going to happen just a bunch of writers trying to get click bait.