TForce | TFI may be interested in talking to ArcBest about operational collaboration, TFI chief says

I called Judy at ABF and made her an offer, 10 times total revenue. She hastily agreed, and I said Judy, there is a catch. You have to give @Steward of the Rock a 320 inch wheelbase Pete 359 with a 6x4 transmission in the city .

You also have to give @ABF381 his 70 hour clock with no restart and mandatory breaks to moderate the forum. She said she would talk with the company attorneys and get back to me.

I told her if the main box doesn't have a glitter shiftknob on Stewards truck, don't even bother calling back.

Screenshot_20230215-154952_Photos80a1f42c18dc9903.md.jpeg
I carried an extension similar to this back in the B 61 days
The shop guys stayed busy collecting them for the drivers that forgot to get them when they came in their last trip.

I called Judy at ABF and made her an offer, 10 times total revenue. She hastily agreed, and I said Judy, there is a catch. You have to give @Steward of the Rock a 320 inch wheelbase Pete 359 with a 6x4 transmission in the city .

You also have to give @ABF381 his 70 hour clock with no restart and mandatory breaks to moderate the forum. She said she would talk with the company attorneys and get back to me.

I told her if the main box doesn't have a glitter shiftknob on Stewards truck, don't even bother calling back.

No deal...I want a 40 hour clock....
:lmao: :438::lmao:

...... They called the takeover company Razorback Acquistions as an insult to the company since the headquarters was in Fort Smith......
Thank you for all the information.... you and the other "experienced" guys on here impart so much knowledge and I really appreciate it....but....are you sure about who tried to buy the company? I heard from a former Preston / Yellow road driver that it was him....his first venture into the world of high finance investing...he told me the company was Razorblade Acquisitions..... he is very upset...he said he would have ruled the world by now if it wasn't for Mr. Young....
:lmao: :438: :lmao:

Thank you for all the information.... you and the other "experienced" guys on here impart so much knowledge and I really appreciate it....but....are you sure about who tried to buy the company? I heard from a former Preston / Yellow road driver that it was him....his first venture into the world of high finance investing...he told me the company was Razorblade Acquisitions..... he is very upset...he said he would have ruled the world by now if it wasn't for Mr. Young....
:lmao: :438: :lmao:
The man's name was Pearlman from NY. I think his first name was Ron. As I remember he was 28 years old. He did look at the company's real estate in California & researched the company. I don't know who financed his business venture.

I wish i could have a glitter shift knob... I went to the shop, to get the cap on top of the oem shifter replaced, and the mechanic laughed at me. So did the other 5 mechanics from the breakroom.

I was and still there your recollection is different than mine. UPS was getting out of the central states and didn't want UPGF in it either.
I am pretty sure that is exactly how it went. What part of that recollection do you disagree with? I was a huge supporter of the Overnite pension staying the way it was and not being transferred to the multiemployer Pension funds which the Teamster union 100% wanted. The second contract proposal from the Teamsters was to allow the members to keep the Overnite Pension if they made more than $72,000 at the time the contract passed. The members approved that, and the contract was ratified. When I retired 2 years ago, I got the same Pension plan using the same formular breakdown qualifications as the day I joined Overnite in 1990. I had a choice to take the pension plan formular that paid out the most benefit.

Just wondering...UPS only bought 1 actual truck line (Overnite), so there were not 2 truck lines seniority list to merge?
If i remember correctly UPS had to wait for Overnite to merge their other trucking company's Motor Cargo and there was a long haul trucking company also to merge as one company before the UPS purchase could take place.

UPS purchased the companies, left the names but put "a UPS Company" below the name on everything, kept them separate, and took a year to start the rebrand and integration.

At least thats what i remember.

Does anyone remember GI Trucking Company? A small LTL company that was owned by ArcBest also. Now known as Estes Express West. Sad day when they disappeared.
Does anyone remember GI Trucking Company? A small LTL company that was owned by ArcBest also. Now known as Estes Express West. Sad day when they disappeared.
GI was one of the companies Worldway/Carolina owned when ABF bought it. GI was sold to Estes, a company that it had done business with in the past.
Red Arrow, another LTL company ABF got in the acquisition was merged into the ABF system. Cardinal, the other company, besides Carolina, was a well managed company & was making a profit but was not a fit for the LTL company. ABC decided to sell it, I think after a year or maybe two because the fleet was nearing the three year trade cycle that was the policy of the company at the time.

GI was one of the companies Worldway/Carolina owned when ABF bought it. GI was sold to Estes, a company that it had done business with in the past.
Red Arrow, another LTL company ABF got in the acquisition was merged into the ABF system. Cardinal, the other company, besides Carolina, was a well managed company & was making a profit but was not a fit for the LTL company. ABC decided to sell it, I think after a year or maybe two because the fleet was nearing the three year trade cycle that was the policy of the company at the time.
There was a sticker on the back of the estes trailers when i pulled them, it said the name of the partnership they belonged to. But i cant remember.