TForce | TFI may be interested in talking to ArcBest about operational collaboration, TFI chief says

Who knows? If TFI feels that TForce isn’t panning out, they may be looking for additional assets in that space like ABF. Four options really: 1) They do nothing, 2) They buy ABF, 3) They buy ABF and merge it with TForce Freight or 4) They sell off TForce Freight after buying ABF and disposing of the real estate assets in TForce Freight’s portfolio.

There is absolutely no chance that TFI is buying a publicly traded ltl company the size of abf. You would have to pay hundreds of millions over the value to get the deal past the stock holders.
The ups freight sale was a one off deal.
2006 ups buys overnite at 1.25 billion 2021 ups sells ups freight for 800 million, even though the business is now 40% larger than 2006.
That will never be available again.

TFII is nearly four times the size of ARCB in terms of market capitalization. TFII would easily be able to finance a buyout of ARCB.
Abfs market capitalization is 2.5 billion , and it is a smaller company than ups freight was, so tfi is going to spend over 2.5 billion to buy a company that is smaller than one they paid 800 million for?

Abfs market capitalization is 2.5 billion , and it is a smaller company than ups freight was, so tfi is going to spend over 2.5 billion to buy a company that is smaller than one they paid 800 million for?
According to ArcBest they want to be a 7-8 billion dollar company by 2025….

Dovetail or endtail? Going to be some busy Stewards in the unlikely event this happens..

The question to ask is is TFII unloading assets at TForce Freight that won’t fit well into a merged company like ABF?
Tfi is trying to sell property, that is in excess. They would love to sell it to somebody, but no one is buying P. O. S. cross dock terminals. I know for a fact that they are stuck with some garbage real estate in many locations, and have some prime ones that would be more valuable as a vacant lot than an ltl terminal.
I'll stick with my assessment, tfi is not buying a 2.5 billion dollar company at 3 billion . If they did, it would be another yellow freight debacle. Tfi got the greatest bargain basement price for ups freight, they bought a company for 1/3 it's book value from a rich company that didn't give a ::shit:: about a loss they could make up in 3 months.