TForce | TFI may be interested in talking to ArcBest about operational collaboration, TFI chief says

Parallel operating authority, that is exactly what I was getting at.
Most union carriers abided by the NMFA even if they were not signers of the Contract. I believe the terminology was, "white paper agreement". The UPGF contracts were standalone deals, but the fact they have parallel operating authority made me ask the question initially.
Will the TFI people carry seniority from Overnite, or will it only count for only the years as UPS or Union?
Glad to be watching this from the sidelines.
Again, this is ancient history, Harris was not union in Greenville S C.
When Ryder announced the purchase, they joined the union and got their full seniority.

1987 I believe it was, senior mgt had to borrow the money to buy enough common stock back on the open market to get controlling interest back and stop Razorback Aquisitions cold. They sold off their shares and walked away when they saw they couldn't take over, Robert Young asked us for a 15% wage giveback to fund it, but we rejected it. They thanked us for considering it anyway and went and borrowed the money themselves (senior mgt) and did it to save the company from being taken over and torn apart and sold off for it's assets ala hostile takeover... It was a different company back then. One you could be proud to work for...

There was a group from NY that bought 10% of the stock. Their only intent was to make a profit. They called the takeover company Razorback Acquistions as an insult to the company since the headquarters was in Fort Smith. They noticed some property for sale on the left coast that ABF acquired from Navajo. They then looked at the company assets & stock price & saw the company & property was worth much more than the stock. They apparently had financial backing & made an offer on the stock. The company's option was to borrow that & pay the price for the stock. Had the corporate raiders been successful in the buyout they would have ran the company for a for about three years, not invested in equipment or improvements, milked the profit & then liquidated the assets.
Kelso was a good company. They did not try to micromanage & let management do as they had done in the past. The company met all their goals & in a few years had the debt paid.Mr. Young could have bailed out & been a wealthy man but he chose to keep the company his family had founded.
I voted for the wage concession. The stock we would have gotten would have been worth much more than what we gave up. The maximum deducted from our wages was 15% but would have been much less if the operating ratio was good, which it always was.
The company has for the most part, been good to employees.

There was a group from NY that bought 10% of the stock. Their only intent was to make a profit. They called the takeover company Razorback Acquistions as an insult to the company since the headquarters was in Fort Smith. They noticed some property for sale on the left coast that ABF acquired from Navajo. They then looked at the company assets & stock price & saw the company & property was worth much more than the stock. They apparently had financial backing & made an offer on the stock. The company's option was to borrow that & pay the price for the stock. Had the corporate raiders been successful in the buyout they would have ran the company for a for about three years, not invested in equipment or improvements, milked the profit & then liquidated the assets.
Kelso was a good company. They did not try to micromanage & let management do as they had done in the past. The company met all their goals & in a few years had the debt paid.Mr. Young could have bailed out & been a wealthy man but he chose to keep the company his family had founded.
I voted for the wage concession. The stock we would have gotten would have been worth much more than what we gave up. The maximum deducted from our wages was 15% but would have been much less if the operating ratio was good, which it always was.
The company has for the most part, been good to employees.
Wasn't Hillary Clinton part of this Razorback acquisition? Makes sense...(She--New York Senator---He ..governor of arkansas..

Smead’s Pub just a few miles east. Been there since the early 1900’s. Wing Wednesday, the bar girl doesn’t ask, just brings the glass and a pitcher and how many wings. Table at the end of the pool table.
Our (how many wings?) depends on how the Seagulls are flying.
Mama has a great recipe.

Wasn't Hillary Clinton part of this Razorback acquisition? Makes sense...(She--New York Senator---He ..governor of arkansas..
I don't remember the timeline of the takeover attempt. HJitlery was an attorney with the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock while Slick was governor. She cashed in on a real estate scam known as White Water. Several went to prison over it. She had documents shredded that could have sent her where she should have gone. Ken Starr was investigating that & uncovered multitudes of evidence that connected her & then governor Jim Guy Tucker. He was forced to resign. He was a political opportunist that slithered his way around into the governor's office.
One of those involved was Jim McDougal who supposedly overdosed on Valium while in a federal prison. He also knew too much.
Several from the law firm went to DC with the Clinton Syndicate. The best & most honest one was Vince Foster. He was a good man & his testimony on White Water could have ended Hitlery's political career. If you don't remember him look at his profile on the Clinton body count site.

Youngblood was a small family owned carrier in North Carolina. I don't know if they were part of the NMFA or maybe a Carolina regional contract. The employees did dovetail as I remember. A few drivers came to LR. The other carriers were under the NMFA with various conferences. Part of Navajo was in the Western Conference since it was headquartered in Denver with a large terminal in Albuquerque & various other large cities. ABF did sell some real estate from the acquistions especially where there were multiple terminals in the same area.
Mergers or buyouts have always been difficult, ABF is one of the few carriers to survive buyouts of a union carrier. In the case of Navajo ABF bought a larger company to expand operating rights & secure terminals & real estate before deregulation.
I have a friend who worked in the Western Conference for a number of years. He draws a pension from there & also Central States.
I don't know what the ruling would be on seniority if there were a merger involving two carriers under different contracts.
The Youngblood purchase was a short time before I started with ABF. The company (ABF), was still remodeling the Youngblood shops & terminals then. The employees did dovetail but ABF did not have a large presence in the area at the time. I may have my timeline wrong on the drivers moving to LR. That may have been during a change of operations later & they may have initially been moved to Memphis during the buyout.
Breeze probably knows more about Youngblood than any of us since it was in his area. It was headquarted in Fletcher as he stated. As I remember it was still showing a profit when it was sold, unlike the other acquisitions.

The Youngblood purchase was a short time before I started with ABF. The company (ABF), was still remodeling the Youngblood shops & terminals then. The employees did dovetail but ABF did not have a large presence in the area at the time. I may have my timeline wrong on the drivers moving to LR. That may have been during a change of operations later & they may have initially been moved to Memphis during the buyout.
Breeze probably knows more about Youngblood than any of us since it was in his area. It was headquarted in Fletcher as he stated. As I remember it was still showing a profit when it was sold, unlike the other acquisitions.
Our night dock supervisor in Greensboro came from Youngblood in Fletcher, (a small mountain town)
This was before the takeover, he always had nothing but good things to say about the company.

She may have represented Razorback Acquisition during the takeover attempt while she was with the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock. She was the first female partner in the firm. She was a smart attorney. Like her or not, she is no dummy.

I don't remember the timeline of the takeover attempt. HJitlery was an attorney with the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock while Slick was governor. She cashed in on a real estate scam known as White Water. Several went to prison over it. She had documents shredded that could have sent her where she should have gone. Ken Starr was investigating that & uncovered multitudes of evidence that connected her & then governor Jim Guy Tucker. He was forced to resign. He was a political opportunist that slithered his way around into the governor's office.
One of those involved was Jim McDougal who supposedly overdosed on Valium while in a federal prison. He also knew too much.
Several from the law firm went to DC with the Clinton Syndicate. The best & most honest one was Vince Foster. He was a good man & his testimony on White Water could have ended Hitlery's political career. If you don't remember him look at his profile on the Clinton body count site.
w0w...you told me more than I "wanted to know". I hope we don't get in trouble???

yep...google this:

Clinton Body Count
hey, I only read this stuff..don't come after me...I didn't start it...only read it..

JFK, Jr. plane malfunction?

I wouldn't worry about any merger, the master freight agreement and the Central States pension fund, are the biggest obstacles, and the premium price tag .
Upsf has a stand alone pension and a stand alone contract (which is super company friendly) ABF has master freight and some horrible liability in their pension obligations.
Tfi closed the door on all pension obligations owed to all employees in 2021. They will only owe from 2021 forward. They buy ABF they are saddled with pension obligations past , present and future .
Yup, Single employer pension plan and a multi-employer pension (NMFA) fund and two completely different union contracts would be a real obstacle. I just do not see that merger happening. The Teamsters would love to take control of the TFI pension funds and dump them into the multi-employer pension funds. Remember the first original UPSF contract proposal? It was all about the Pension being moved to a NMFA Pension and was rejected by the employees.

Yup, Single employer pension plan and a multi-employer pension (NMFA) fund and two completely different union contracts would be a real obstacle. I just do not see that merger happening. The Teamsters would love to take control of the TFI pension funds and dump them into the multi-employer pension funds. Remember the first original UPSF contract proposal? It was all about the Pension being moved to a NMFA Pension and was rejected by the employees.
I was and still there your recollection is different than mine. UPS was getting out of the central states and didn't want UPGF in it either.

I called Judy at ABF and made her an offer, 10 times total revenue. She hastily agreed, and I said Judy, there is a catch. You have to give @Steward of the Rock a 320 inch wheelbase Pete 359 with a 6x4 transmission in the city .

You also have to give @ABF381 his 70 hour clock with no restart and mandatory breaks to moderate the forum. She said she would talk with the company attorneys and get back to me.

I told her if the main box doesn't have a glitter shiftknob on Stewards truck, don't even bother calling back.

Screenshot_20230215-154952_Photos80a1f42c18dc9903.md.jpeg