TForce | TFI needs drivers at leaner, meaner UPS Freight successor

ABF is in pretty deep financial trouble again and had it not been for the 700 million dollar gubbamint bailout of YRC , they'd likely be out of business. I think TForce teamster are looking at the big picture.
They must not be in too bad shape.
They just ordered new chrome mirrors for Hook's yard buggy!

Top pay don't mean **** if your pension and Healthcare is subpar.
For a union carrier tforce Healthcare and pension are crap.
You pay for health insurance each week, and there's a 1500 yearly out of pocket.
The pension pays 120ish a month per year of service.
Abf don't pay for health care, and only has a 15 dollar copay weather they go for a heart transplant or anything else, everything is 100% covered.
Their pension currently pays 180+ a month per year of service.
Their top rate is 26.20 right now.
Now tell me Witch would you rather have?
Alot of guys at tforce are hung up on the hourly rate and don't see the whole compensation package.
"get the big picture" can be used in more than just driving
I just used them as a example because I'm familiar with their compensation
Hmm is abf hiring?

We miraculously hired 3 new people…I’m almost positive they sugar coated the job description. Management knew we have no equipment for them to use. They’ve been sent to the bullpen all sour coated. They have mortgages, kids, car payments etc. they will not last long and will quit and spread negative word of mouth. Our local management are numbskulls.

FE55A9D8-72F7-49C2-AE19-19D912D1DAFC.jpg

We miraculously hired 3 new people…I’m almost positive they sugar coated the job description. Management knew we have no equipment for them to use. They’ve been sent to the bullpen all sour coated. They have mortgages, kids, car payments etc. they will not last long and will quit and spread negative word of mouth. Our local management are numbskulls.

FE55A9D8-72F7-49C2-AE19-19D912D1DAFC.jpg
Management is dishonest

Attention CEO of TFI, absolutely nothing has changed at ovnt/ups/TFI freight, and it never will.
Why? Because the system is unchangeable. Freight, trailers and trucks have remained the same for the past century. Sure there are modern add ons, but they don't change the fact that a box, tube, crate, or pallet gets moved the same way it always has, and that is never gonna change.

Attention CEO of TFI, absolutely nothing has changed at ovnt/ups/TFI freight, and it never will.
Why? Because the system is unchangeable. Freight, trailers and trucks have remained the same for the past century. Sure there are modern add ons, but they don't change the fact that a box, tube, crate, or pallet gets moved the same way it always has, and that is never gonna change.
"We're in business to create shareholder value. This has been No. 1 rule at TFI."
Alain Bedard
CEO, TFI

Did I get it right ? 13 dollars a hour for dock . That is worse , with adjustment for time, than OVNT paid. Don't know how claims will reach target of .25 when the help is going to turnover. A part time job at a whole lot of places is more with less physical effort. The old " You get what you pay for " is a lesson still not learned?. One guy on a forklift can tear up thousands in one shift. Save your 40.00 per shift on one employee. ????

UPS people still runing the show in Richmond. Give it time. The purge will happen. Too many people making too much money. Benefits, company cars, expense accounts, retirement. Easy target once the dust settles.

Columbus OHIO, Terminal is paying $22 hour for part time and full time dock worker- non cdl required..
18 is better than 13. Are there different scale tiers in different areas ? Thought there was uniformity with the Union? Not a big item and no argument. Part time always had a higher turn over rate from my experience.

18 is better than 13. Are there different scale tiers in different areas ? Thought there was uniformity with the Union? Not a big item and no argument. Part time always had a higher turn over rate from my experience.
Lot of areas have upped starting pay to attract workers. Road drivers are starting at 3rd year of progression in Gaffney.

Did I get it right ? 13 dollars a hour for dock . That is worse , with adjustment for time, than OVNT paid. Don't know how claims will reach target of .25 when the help is going to turnover. A part time job at a whole lot of places is more with less physical effort. The old " You get what you pay for " is a lesson still not learned?. One guy on a forklift can tear up thousands in one shift. Save your 40.00 per shift on one employee. ????

UPS people still runing the show in Richmond. Give it time. The purge will happen. Too many people making too much money. Benefits, company cars, expense accounts, retirement. Easy target once the dust settles.
Harrisburg/mechanicsburg pa terminal dock workers and jockeys full time start off at 24 per hour 36 on the ot.we have dock and yard making more money than road drivers,and we still can't get decent help