Thank You Bob Amsden & Mike Walden For All Of Your Hard Work!

Yes thank you mike and bob! great guys! its sad that fellow teamsters especially retirees don't show the same enthusiasm and support that is needed to get this thing through. write your reps today before you are wondering what has happened and your money is gone. I have talked to some that aren't even aware but think that someone else will do it. Same old same old.

There was a lot of bluster and rhetoric tossed around, but nothing was saved. If a now workingTeamster is 60 years old, the odds are he'll never collect a dime. What happens to the guys currently drawing 100% and suddenly it goes to Zero (Pension Guarantee Fund will be broke too). There might have been a chance to save the thing thru cuts, but NOOOOOO- the greedy stopped that. Personally, I don't get it?????

This post is BS Post and from a greedy poster who is only looking out for his own. Sorry this is bigger then just you!!!

There was a lot of bluster and rhetoric tossed around, but nothing was saved. If a now workingTeamster is 60 years old, the odds are he'll never collect a dime. What happens to the guys currently drawing 100% and suddenly it goes to Zero (Pension Guarantee Fund will be broke too).

Cuts would not have saved the fund period. I know why you want the cuts made.... It is called greed Period, so don't even try to justify cuts to anybody unless you are being drawing your pension now and will suffer the same cuts. the only reason you support the cuts is so you can get your full pensions... You helped create this mess, so now it is time to accept what you have started.

There might have been a chance to save the thing thru cuts, but NOOOOOO- the greedy stopped that. Personally, I don't get it?????

Your post is just another bs post with no merit. So try blowing your bs up someone else's wahoo.

There was a lot of bluster and rhetoric tossed around, but nothing was saved. If a now workingTeamster is 60 years old, the odds are he'll never collect a dime. What happens to the guys currently drawing 100% and suddenly it goes to Zero (Pension Guarantee Fund will be broke too). There might have been a chance to save the thing thru cuts, but NOOOOOO- the greedy stopped that. Personally, I don't get it?????

Of course you don't get it..and probably never will, as you are NOT a Teamster Retiree, nor are you a dues paying Teamster. ..KK

Of course you don't get it..and probably never will, as you are NOT a Teamster Retiree, nor are you a dues paying Teamster. ..KK
Remember the words of Shakespeare’s Othello. As he stood there before the villain Iago, cried out, “Who steals my purse steals trash; ’tis something, nothing, ’twas mine, ’tis his, has been the slave of thousands. But he who filches from me my good name robs me of that which might enrich him but makes me poor indeed.”

Only the greedy want the not yet retired to collect nothing. I, as a 22 year vested CSPF member, speak for those yet to collect, who will lose everything to those greedy ones who refuse to negotiate a solution.

Last edited:
Remember the words of Shakespeare’s Othello. As he stood there before the villain Iago, cried out, “Who steals my purse steals trash; ’tis something, nothing, ’twas mine, ’tis his, has been the slave of thousands. But he who filches from me my good name robs me of that which might enrich him but makes me poor indeed.”

Only the greedy want the not yet retired to collect nothing.

IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO... QUOTE SHAKESPEARE. Again you are confused and bitter. You need to accept the consequences of your actions!!!

CSPF classifies me as Vested/Active. So my opinion is as valid as anyone's. I know, it's easier to discredit a poster than to comment on a post.

No one has yet to answer my question: IF a retiree can't afford cuts now, what is their plan when the money is gone in a few short years?

Keep up with the Emperor wearing a beautiful suit- I see he's naked..

CSPF classifies me as Vested/Active. So my opinion is as valid as anyone's. I know, it's easier to discredit a poster than to comment on a post.

No one has yet to answer my question: IF a retiree can't afford cuts now, what is their plan when the money is gone in a few short years?

Keep up with the Emperor wearing a beautiful suit- I see he's naked..
Yeah....you have a right to your opinion. ....but it falls on deaf ears of those of us who stayed here and did not cut and run.....while anyone who did that, that was their choice.....but those who want to be an arm-chair quarterback against what WE are doing means nothing to us...We are fighting the cuts.....no matter what....I am prepared for the outcome.....KK

Yeah....you have a right to your opinion. ....but it falls on deaf ears of those of us who stayed here and did not cut and run.....while anyone who did that, that was their choice.....but those who want to be an arm-chair quarterback against what WE are doing means nothing to us...We are fighting the cuts.....no matter what....I am prepared for the outcome.....KK
You are 63, vested/active. I am 62, vested/active. The Fund is in exactly the same position of impending failure that it was in for the past several years, so we're both in the exact same boat. All the rest is your Feel Good Bluster. Nothing has changed.

Still, no one is answering the question- what happens when it runs out, since no one agrees to lower today's payouts?

You are 63, vested/active. I am 62, vested/active. The Fund is in exactly the same position of impending failure that it was in for the past several years, so we're both in the exact same boat. All the rest is your Feel Good Bluster. Nothing has changed.

Still, no one is answering the question- what happens when it runs out, since no one agrees to lower today's payouts?

Those who have been ACTIVE in the fight to protect our pensions knows that answer....it goes to the PBGC, just like Local 707's did....I will get $936 a month for 29 years, I am prepared (Feel Good Bluster?) if that is indeed MY final outcome.....CSPF says there is 10-12 years left in the fund...I will 62 in 2017 and will get what I get until it runs dry, or we get a bailout from the Treasury Dept......KK

Last edited:
Those who have been ACTIVE in the fight to protect our pensions knows that answer....it goes to the PBGC, just like Local 707's did....I will get $936 a month for 29 years, I am prepared (Feel Good Bluster?) if that is indeed MY final outcome.....CSPF says there is 10-12 years left in the fund...I will 62 in 2017 and will get what I get until it runs dry, or we get a bailout from the Treasury Dept......KK
At least you finally answered, (an answer we ALL know- active in some supposed fight thats not, or not) and understand there will be cuts in the near future. Thank You for answering. The PBGC can't support the 1400 or more funds that will also be in bad shape by that time either, so it will collapse. There'll be no bailout.

I post to make people aware, so they prepare. I'll get approx 760 a month for 21 years credited. And then Zero almost immediately, when the PBGC collapses. The ones I worry about are the ones who retired at 50 years old, with 2500. Now 70, can't return to work, and scream they can't live on cuts. I expect the cuts to come sooner, not later. What will a 75 yr old do then- since the current propaganda is that youve 'saved' them? Better prepare now....

Who knows? Perhaps Trump's economic plans will be soooooo Great, that the CSPF grows enough to last forever? Don't hold your breath.

At least you finally answered, (an answer we ALL know- active in some supposed fight thats not, or not) and understand there will be cuts in the near future. Thank You for answering. The PBGC can't support the 1400 or more funds that will also be in bad shape by that time either, so it will collapse. There'll be no bailout.

I post to make people aware, so they prepare. I'll get approx 760 a month for 21 years credited. And then Zero almost immediately, when the PBGC collapses. The ones I worry about are the ones who retired at 50 years old, with 2500. Now 70, can't return to work, and scream they can't live on cuts. I expect the cuts to come sooner, not later. What will a 75 yr old do then- since the current propaganda is that youve 'saved' them? Better prepare now....

Who knows? Perhaps Trump's economic plans will be soooooo Great, that the CSPF grows enough to last forever? Don't hold your breath.

With each comment you show others who HAVE been involved in this fight since day 1 how uninformed you are of the facts and the fight that dozens of Retiree Committees are involved in......you need to quit embarrassing yourself.....KK

With each comment you show others who HAVE been involved in this fight since day 1 how uninformed you are of the facts and the fight that dozens of Retiree Committees are involved in......you need to quit embarrassing yourself.....KK
I'd say you should do the same. Nothing has changed, nothing has been saved.

Yeah....you have a right to your opinion. ....but it falls on deaf ears of those of us who stayed here and did not cut and run.....

Spin, spin, spin. Keep up the untrue spin.

I didn't 'cut and run', and you know that. With the merger, I had No Job to cut and run from. No fool waits for two years by the phone, maybe working 3 weeks over a two year period. You always overlook that for political purposes. 250 of us in Indy moved on, because YRC had no future for us. We're still in the CSPF with you,tho...

Spin, spin, spin. Keep up the untrue spin.

I didn't 'cut and run', and you know that. With the merger, I had No Job to cut and run from. No fool waits for two years by the phone, maybe working 3 weeks over a two year period. You always overlook that for political purposes. 250 of us in Indy moved on, because YRC had no future for us. We're still in the CSPF with you,tho...

Yet just another weak excuse. You had options, but chose another path to take. Why don't you start taking responsibility for your own actions and quit your whining. Your choice's.. is fight with the retirees to fix the pension or get out of the way and keep your mouth shut!!!

With each comment you show others who HAVE been involved in this fight since day 1 how uninformed you are of the facts and the fight that dozens of Retiree Committees are involved in......

Ahh..... 'The Fight!' Seems to be a commonly repeated phrase. Let's examine that.

First- you have no way of knowing what causes I involve myself in. I intend to keep it that way.

Second- after two years of thousands of phone calls, emails, rallies, news articles, TV interviews, suits threatened, and investigations- the status of CSPF is unchanged from Nov 2014 and MEPRA. Yes, you've made yourself famous and gained followers, but no legislation has advanced beyond committees, no positive Treasury Decisions to save the Fund have been implemented. The one Decision Treasury made had nothing to do with your actions, for it was denied because the cuts weren't deep enough, weren't evenly divided, or the outlook negative enough assumptions for the Fund to survive.

Basically, you've made yourself a hobby, that leads to nothing changing, but gaining slaps of Well Done on your groups backs. Much like my dog who walks out to the yard and barks, then walks in wagging his tail that he has saved us from invasion.

I'm interested in Results, not bragging.... The Fund is unchanged, doomed to failure. A 45 yr old on a dock with 25 years paid in still faces working to 65, then receiving Zero for his 45 years. Change that, then you can brag....

Don't think for a moment I don't appreciate the effort it takes to make wholesale changes. Some of you have been recognized by IBT Prez Hoffa for your efforts. Congratulations. I understand full well the sacrifices you've made of your time. 40 years ago, I was recognized and congratulated by US Prez Gerald R Ford, for making Real Change, (not just rallies and phone calls) in Real Communities. It ain't easy....
KlDl0EI.jpg

I should have chased a career in politics- their retirements are never questioned!