FedEx Freight | Thank You Fred Smith for destroying FedEx National

Just as I tell my collegues at freight if you dont like your situation or the company you work for leave we dont like you nor do we care about you. We at freigt have been screewed, we are the ones who have the right to be angry. We do not want to work side by side with yall but we have to suck it up and deal with it. Yall have it made, you get to carry your seniorty over to a company that has orignal employees explain how thats fair at all. We are the ones who should be angry. You and I are just a number if you dont like it there are many people that would love to take your place and would do a better job. I enjoy my termanial that I work for , we have @ 175 employees there have great supervisors, managers, and a great termanial manager. I have been ther for almost 7 years and I enjoy it on a daily basis, I have several friends there we are all angry that this will affect every one of us but theres not a thing we can do but grin and bare it. Im sure that when the smoke clears I will have new friends after jan 30 but as far as people like you, YALL DONT BELONG TO A COMPANY LIKE OURS!!! We dont want to work along side you!!! So just either do 1 of 2 things leave or shut up!!!
Well WD glad to hear things are going well for you.If you have only been with freight for 7 years then you showed up after Fred bought Af and Viking.
If you had been around when these two reginal outfits were becoming the dominant, profitable freight moving machines that attracted Fred in the first place you might have a different perspective .
Those of us that were part of these companies took great pride in the culture that created them.
We were informed, showed respect, rewarded for our efforts and made to feel part of the team.
Most of all management took the time, and went to reasonable lengths to ensure that we were treated fairly and included in the loop.

To sum it up, we felt we had a hand in making these companies what they were and it is hard to watch the entire thing be destroyed.As I'm sure the Watkins people feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong door you seem to be the one with the problem so why dont you leave or shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admitting and apoligizing

I admit and appoligize my family wasnt rich and I didnt get to go to an ivy legue school and my grades wernt at the top of the class all due to my fault for not paying attetion in school because I was being young and stupid and just for the record I forgot yall were born at the ripe old age of 26 and went srtaight to princton or yale so I do admit and apoligize for my misspelling at last glance spelling dont oh Im sorry Doesnt have diddly squat to do with driving. I also want to take this time to personaly thank each and everyone who made freight what it is today through viking and americian. Thank all of yall for your many many many years of service, yall are the backbone of this company yall are the "overnight" of Fedex Freight. Im sure that Freight would have never made it without yall. So Ill remind yall once more look at the first thred and remind me who is the bitter and angry one. Im elated that every single National driver is comming I have good friendships with the national drivers that I know and needless to say they wernt thrilled when Fedex aquired them ( sorry for the spelling trying newer and bigger words) but they are still there just like myself not happy the way thing went but Im still here and not going anywhere. Just as much as yall have the right to be angry for what is going on yalls side so do i have the right to be angry with what is going on with our side Im not out here bashing watkins owner for selling yall out thats not my place so go back and read the first thred and see who the angry one is. So yall are right I dont spell good so sue me, but I can feel how I want to just the same way yall do. Thak yall and good nite

Whats wrong with the first thread? Watkins was a billion dollar company that was dismantled. First thing they did was give Freight our 1 and 2 day service. So you wrong door maybe even benefited from that.Then our Canadian freight was spun off to it own freight called FedEx Canada,Which I have to laugh because they our now Union. So whats left of National nothing but junk freight that doesn't pay the bills.So what else is there left to do but merge. I don't like it any more than any one else. I wish that all that was happening to many of us is dropped a few in seniority. But we all will most likely have to relocate.So I'm truly sorry you will be effected by this as many others. But you need to lash out at the corporation who made this decision not the employees.

this is just what the union ordered. it wouldn't take much to get in at my barn. HOPE IT HAPPENS, IT WOULD BENIFIT US SO MUCH. everyone is getting tired of the lies and half truths, you know when they tell you the merger wouldn't be that bad it's time to grab your ankles. look out below. heard today that in early june the comapny will see how this economy and priority freight is working. they may have to layoff more if the frieght levels head south. hang on boys it's going to be a long haul.

And the union wouldn't do anything to change any of that. If you want to work for a union company, go work for a union company.

I agree

Wow I ahve somethingn in commin with yall. The union wont do a blooming thing but stir up more contaversy. They are greedy people that do nothing but look out for there own and I dont mean own employees. Thats all I hear from both sides union this and union that. We all and this includes myself just need to take a breather and chillax. We on both side are in termoil we on both sides are angry. If I can take a dose of my own medicine and just breath I think everything will work out in the wash. for any on National side that I angered in any way I appoligize. im angry just as yall are. We dont know whats in store for Jan 30 let alone in june or sept or dec of next year. Ive been in the trade long enough to understand that the freight industry is a rollar coaster one year breaking all time records, next year laying off. Come june of next year is peak season for the freight industry and we could be busting at the seems or we could be laying off we dont know. I feel in my heart that this will be an exelant move for Fedex, but we have to get over the growing pains first. Agin for anyone that I angered in any way I appoligize. Thanks for letting me vent and if you understand thanks for understanding. And if you dont understand give it time and you will.

Wow I have something in common with ya ll. The union wont do a blooming thing but stir up more controversy. They are greedy people that do nothing but look out for there own and I dont mean own employees. Thats all I hear from both sides union this and union that. We all and this includes myself just need to take a breather and chillax. We on both side are in termoil we on both sides are angry. If I can take a dose of my own medicine and just breath I think everything will work out in the wash. for any on National side that I angered in any way I apologize. I'm angry just as ya ll are. We dont know whats in store for Jan 30 let alone in june or sept or dec of next year. Ive been in the trade long enough to understand that the freight industry is a rollar coaster one year breaking all time records, next year laying off. Come june of next year is peak season for the freight industry and we could be busting at the seems or we could be laying off we dont know. I feel in my heart that this will be an exelant move for Fedex, but we have to get over the growing pains first. Agin for anyone that I angered in any way I apologize. Thanks for letting me vent and if you understand thanks for understanding. And if you dont understand give it time and you will.

As a angry FXN driver I understand your flustation....Apoligy accepted......

Be glad your upset for reasons other than mine, I personally am being Striped of 9 years of L/H Seniority because I took a follow the freight transfer a few years back......Anyone at FXN who ever transferred for any reason has had their bid seniority reset to there transfer date......This is BS no matter how you look at it.

I am not mad at FXF drivers, it's not their fault, but I am surely going to the bottom although my time would keep me toward the top if I wasn't being ***** with no justification..... Good Luck to Everyone....

Just as I tell my collegues at freight if you dont like your situation or the company you work for leave we dont like you nor do we care about you. We at freigt have been screewed, we are the ones who have the right to be angry. We do not want to work side by side with yall but we have to suck it up and deal with it. Yall have it made, you get to carry your seniorty over to a company that has orignal employees explain how thats fair at all. We are the ones who should be angry. You and I are just a number if you dont like it there are many people that would love to take your place and would do a better job. I enjoy my termanial that I work for , we have @ 175 employees there have great supervisors, managers, and a great termanial manager. I have been ther for almost 7 years and I enjoy it on a daily basis, I have several friends there we are all angry that this will affect every one of us but theres not a thing we can do but grin and bare it. Im sure that when the smoke clears I will have new friends after jan 30 but as far as people like you, YALL DONT BELONG TO A COMPANY LIKE OURS!!! We dont want to work along side you!!! So just either do 1 of 2 things leave or shut up!!!

Dang say how ya really feel. Your right though we may not belong working for such a great company as Freight when alot of us worked for a much better company WML, but they be gone now who knows maybe they will rise back up and get back into the LTL
and show Fedex how its down. You crack me to think one I will shut up or leave or that Freight is the only side hurt by this merger it flat out sucks for all of us but we oh goodie will have one name on our uniforms hey any guess's. You cheated and looked at your shirt didn't ya oh well ya its FEDEX. I so look foward to having someone like you to work with, you have such a positive attude about to working with us., should be interesting.

I admit and appoligize my family wasnt rich and I didnt get to go to an ivy legue school and my grades wernt at the top of the class all due to my fault for not paying attetion in school because I was being young and stupid and just for the record I forgot yall were born at the ripe old age of 26 and went srtaight to princton or yale so I do admit and apoligize for my misspelling at last glance spelling dont oh Im sorry Doesnt have diddly squat to do with driving. I also want to take this time to personaly thank each and everyone who made freight what it is today through viking and americian. Thank all of yall for your many many many years of service, yall are the backbone of this company yall are the "overnight" of Fedex Freight. Im sure that Freight would have never made it without yall. So Ill remind yall once more look at the first thred and remind me who is the bitter and angry one. Im elated that every single National driver is comming I have good friendships with the national drivers that I know and needless to say they wernt thrilled when Fedex aquired them ( sorry for the spelling trying newer and bigger words) but they are still there just like myself not happy the way thing went but Im still here and not going anywhere. Just as much as yall have the right to be angry for what is going on yalls side so do i have the right to be angry with what is going on with our side Im not out here bashing watkins owner for selling yall out thats not my place so go back and read the first thred and see who the angry one is. So yall are right I dont spell good so sue me, but I can feel how I want to just the same way yall do. Thak yall and good nite

Wrong Door.......after you get spelling under your belt, you might want to look into punctuation class....... it's just down the hall:LMAO:

Guys, Just stop it. I have been so angry, but not one time has it been at FXF drivers. We will never know what the future holds. Its going to be a long road as it is, without all the threats and blaming of one another. I really, just don't have the words, but this thing is happening to all of us and there is nothing we can do about it. Now, some will pray, and if that helps then do it. Some will cuss, if it helps, do it. BUT STOP BLAMING ONE ANOTHER for something that none of us had any control over. I for one wanted to retire here at FXNL, now I just don't know whats going to happen. But what ever it is, its surly not FXF drivers fault nor is FXNL's. What good is all this name calling and blaming one another going to do? If you do it at work its gonna get you fired and you get nothing. SOOOOO JUST STOP.

WML was a good company. But they sold us and you know not one of those brothers called and asked if it would be ok. But I can tell you this, I have made more money with FEDEX and had more time off. All I know, is that change is happening and people don't like it. But the truth is you can either let this thing eat you up, or you can choose to move forward, and nobody ever said it was going to be easy. The one thing that I do hope for is to have the support from the other drivers as I am willing to support them with anything that happens. Don't forget, its all about the people, no matter how hard headed they are.

Tell you all something , I know Fred will sell Fedex to you cry baby's if you can get enough of your pennies together . And then , you can change it back to the way it was !!! Now , Thank Fred Smith for keeping you working , Because he could have bought WML and closed the doors and put all you guys on the unemployment Doll , but instead he kept you working , or he could have started you guys all over from day one , bottom pay scale , no vacations ,and boy we would have really seen a river from you guys , So , i think you guys should buy Fred a Thank You Card and sign and send to his office !!! Have a good weekend !!!!!!!!!:moon2:

Tell you all something , I know Fred will sell Fedex to you cry baby's if you can get enough of your pennies together . And then , you can change it back to the way it was !!! Now , Thank Fred Smith for keeping you working , Because he could have bought WML and closed the doors and put all you guys on the unemployment Doll , but instead he kept you working , or he could have started you guys all over from day one , bottom pay scale , no vacations ,and boy we would have really seen a river from you guys , So , i think you guys should buy Fred a Thank You Card and sign and send to his office !!! Have a good weekend !!!!!!!!!:moon2:

This isn't helping.:kickedoutsmile:

To the FXF driver that gave me the finger last night.....Your right it's all MY fault. I never should have call freddy and said "hey fred, i got this great ideal". It's all my fault.

A little safety reminmder to my fellow FXN and FXF drivers, some of these people can't see past the anger. Check your pins everytime you stop. I hope that nobody every gets that stupid about it, but better safe than sorry.

To my new FXF family, hope I make the cut and we can have some fun out on the road sharing stories and telling jokes. We still have the best job in the world. I can't imagine enjoying a job as much as I do this one.

"A little safety reminmder to my fellow FXN and FXF drivers, some of these people can't see past the anger. Check your pins everytime you stop. I hope that nobody every gets that stupid about it, but better safe than sorry."

I was'nt even thinking of stuff like that happening. Sounds old school, if you know what I mean. Absolutely uncalled for, let's hope we are all more mature than that!

Mature? We have drivers go in and say the last driver smoked in my truck and its on you to prove you didn't. By the way I don't smoke but I find it to be a silly rule that can't be enforced.There will always be targets on peoples back and that's the sad reality of a seniority board. And I can tell from some of these post it may die down for a little while but reality will sink in come Feb 1st and the worst of the worst will come out in some people. I hope this doesn't happen. I for one just want to come in and do my job and go home to my family.Don't have time for the silly games people play. So if I'm off Standish,don't take offense to it.I find it best some times just not be in a conversation with somebody and then there's no trouble.