FedEx Freight | Thank You Fred Smith for destroying FedEx National

I was'nt even thinking of stuff like that happening. Sounds old school, if you know what I mean. Absolutely uncalled for, let's hope we are all more mature than that!

I went through this at YRC and there still are and always will be a lot of hurt egos over there. Some guys will never let this go. One guy(FXF) jumped me about it already at a meet point, one of these super freighthaulers comes over to my truck and says he's my meet man, I'm in a FXN tractor wearing a FXN uniform and he's convinced I am the one he's supposed to be meeting??????, but as soon as he realized I was the "enemy", I'm a no good SOB and this whole thing is my fault. You just have to bite your tongue and go on........

Tell you all something , I know Fred will sell Fedex to you cry baby's if you can get enough of your pennies together . And then , you can change it back to the way it was !!! Now , Thank Fred Smith for keeping you working , Because he could have bought WML and closed the doors and put all you guys on the unemployment Doll , but instead he kept you working , or he could have started you guys all over from day one , bottom pay scale , no vacations ,and boy we would have really seen a river from you guys , So , i think you guys should buy Fred a Thank You Card and sign and send to his office !!! Have a good weekend !!!!!!!!!:moon2:

I agree 100% with the above staement!! But one thing I could call a HUGE downfall with Fred Smith is him putting WAY to much power in Harrison. That's where all the bad decisions are coming from. I think he should close the doors in Harrison and tell them sorry guys we are running it out of Memphis now. And since it's "home team field rules" you have to transfer, but 65% of you cant come. And for those of you that are going to slam me for this post? Remember all the purchase trailers we used to have because someone in Harrison was taking money under the table? It just seems to me that ground and express dont have all this drama and its ran out of Memphis.

I agree 100% with the above staement!! But one thing I could call a HUGE downfall with Fred Smith is him putting WAY to much power in Harrison. That's where all the bad decisions are coming from. I think he should close the doors in Harrison and tell them sorry guys we are running it out of Memphis now. And since it's "home team field rules" you have to transfer, but 65% of you cant come. And for those of you that are going to slam me for this post? Remember all the purchase trailers we used to have because someone in Harrison was taking money under the table? It just seems to me that ground and express dont have all this drama and its ran out of Memphis.

Express is run out of Memphis, but I believe that you are mistaken about Ground.

I think what chicken stack was saying is they aint ran out of Harrison. And he makes a very good point.

I'm not sure that I understand your point. It's all apples and oranges. Express has only, "merged" with Flying Tigers, (I think) and is was only to obtain their gates, so they were pretty much absorbed by Express. Ground has never been combined with any other company. We, on the other hand, have been merged and reconfigured, and re-aligned to the point that we are losing track of who we are. Fedex has always had a policy of leaving an acquisition's corporate structure in place, unless the acquisition is being absorbed into another division. Custom Critical is an example of what I am saying, they are technically part of the Fedex Freight Division, but are operated as a separate entity, there is also a car hauling subsidiary, (sorry, but the name escapes me) that was being operated separately, but has since become part of Custom Critical, and their HQ was integrated with Custom's. I guess what I am saying is that Harrison was the logical choice for Freight's HQ, because they were already acclimated to doing things the way that Fedex Corporate wanted it done. The demographics of a geographical location is not necessarily an indicator of the type of management that will be applied. In other words, overalls and bare feet are not the standard mode of dress in Harrison, (only on casual Fridays :biglaugh: ) and it doesn't really matter if it's in HRO or Memphis, it's going to be done the way that Corporate wants it done.

I am voting union

Why? What do you really think the union is going to do for you personally? Other than take your money every month, and you may have it even worse than you do now. Getting a union does not guarantee you will have anymore than you do now. Unions were designed for poor working conditions back in the 1920's, my personal opinion is that unions are not needed in this day and age, and are for the overly lazy and weak minded that cannot do and think for themselves. Mind you, I am not saying union workers are bad, and some of them did not choose to have a union.

I am voting union

Funny that you mention voting. I just finished voting 5 minutes ago. It must be a local ballot thing, because that option was not on the absentee ballot that I just put in the envelope. I did however, cast a vote for, John Boozeman in an effort to toss, Blanche Lincoln's dumbass out of the Senate. :1036316054:

maybe jan 30. i have a job till then

rico,

Maybe, maybe not. It will depend on how flexible you are, and how well you pay attention to the conditions as they change. This is the early stage of the merger, and many changes are going to happen between now and 01/30/2011. There is always an opportunity when life throws a curve ball at you, and if you ain't payin' attention, you might end up in the unemployment line. I hope you pay attention. The company is actually creating 50 road driver positions at my center that are just doing trailer shuttle runs about 25 or 30 miles a day, and riding a fork lift the remainder of a 12 hour shift, 5 days a week, (yeah, actual bids doing that!). Sound like a crap job? It still pays a little over $1500.00 a week. They are doing that, because they are hoping that they can develop the traffic lanes to absorb those drivers back into a conventional road driver position over a period of time. I know that it's hard to remain calm, and look for a silver lining in this cloud, but it may actually pay off if you do. Good luck in whatever happens.

AW

Mabey you didnt relize where the bad attitude started but go back to the first thred on this page and wake up and read open your eyes and stop defending your fellow employees that you work with that is the person that started this thred not me your fellow collegue. Im the one who said to grin and bare it. You must be a full time dock worker that has gone from job to job hell maby even a part timer grow up because if you are losing your job its either you wanted to take advantage of the layoff like many of your great employees at national or you have no time in with the company like i said either part timer or full time dock. Due to the back door dealing with whoever you owner of watkins and the owner of Fedex Freight I am to loose 8 positions in the city but have the oppertunity to go to the road. Yall are the ones with the attitudue from the first day we bought yall till now go back and read the first thred. You want to talk about numbers well lets talk June 06 our stock was sitting between 110.00-125.00 a share and after sept 06 stocks plumated to 40.00-50.00 dollars a share So look at the numbers agin and we were at the top of the list not now thanks to watkins ot has been a stumblong block for us thats why we are merging it was either shut yalls doors completly or merge.

Have no idea when or if the stocks will rise back up and you guys that look at watkins as the problem give me a break. Lets see watkins was the 7th largest LTL carrier at the time it was bought by FEDEX. It was making money and the drivers were doing good
I used to call it misplaced anger you want to be mad at Watkins or FXNL cause you know it will do you no good to be mad at FEDEX. You are nothing more than a number to them just like me and the rest. They have a plan and only they know what it is and
they will do what they do with out one thought of the single employee as long as thier plan makes a profit.

If you remember, Ground was purchased from Caliber as Roadway Package Service (RPS) and renamed Fedex Ground...

I remember it well. Caliber was just the holding company, but Ground still hasn't been merged with any other division or subsidiary since the purchase.

I realy dont think that is nessasary due to the simple fact of the matter is we were doing just fine without yall!! We were successfull profitable and a family for the most part a close family that was there for us if we needed them, now we are bigger, not profitable, and not close due to growing pains. If you dont belive me do your research look and see what our stock was in 2004 b4 we bought yall and look at it now. So the waste of 700,000,000.00 dollars and I do mean a waste needs no thanks and the merger may be successfull in the long run, will not be successfull in the close future due to the class of arrogance of the people of national. Agin I said working with yall side by side on a daily will be misirable but I for 1 will grin and bare it. And the purple koolaid is vary good I must say thanks for asking!!!

Some times it is better to remain silent and be assumed ignorant, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct