FedEx Freight | Thank You Fred Smith for destroying FedEx National

rdkjrss

TB Lurker
Credits
I would personally like to thank you Fred Smith for acquiring a company that made tons of money that ran like a well oiled machine and then systematicaly dismantling it. WML had some of the best workers in the trucking industry that knew what the hell they were doing when it came to operating an LTL company and not to mention the safest workers in the industry. The brothers knew how to operate an LTL carrier in tough economic conditions, something you and your cronies are incapable of doing. You think trying to operate an LTL carrier like Kinko's is going to work? You just shot yourself in the foot when you treat employees like this.

You said a mouth full

Fred Smith ONLY cares about himself. I say bring in the Union to push back. FedEx is just kicking us down MORE & MORE everyday

Words to Live By

Just as I tell my collegues at freight if you dont like your situation or the company you work for leave we dont like you nor do we care about you. We at freigt have been screewed, we are the ones who have the right to be angry. We do not want to work side by side with yall but we have to suck it up and deal with it. Yall have it made, you get to carry your seniorty over to a company that has orignal employees explain how thats fair at all. We are the ones who should be angry. You and I are just a number if you dont like it there are many people that would love to take your place and would do a better job. I enjoy my termanial that I work for , we have @ 175 employees there have great supervisors, managers, and a great termanial manager. I have been ther for almost 7 years and I enjoy it on a daily basis, I have several friends there we are all angry that this will affect every one of us but theres not a thing we can do but grin and bare it. Im sure that when the smoke clears I will have new friends after jan 30 but as far as people like you, YALL DONT BELONG TO A COMPANY LIKE OURS!!! We dont want to work along side you!!! So just either do 1 of 2 things leave or shut up!!!

Just as I tell my collegues at freight if you dont like your situation or the company you work for leave we dont like you nor do we care about you. We at freigt have been screewed, we are the ones who have the right to be angry. We do not want to work side by side with yall but we have to suck it up and deal with it. Yall have it made, you get to carry your seniorty over to a company that has orignal employees explain how thats fair at all. We are the ones who should be angry. You and I are just a number if you dont like it there are many people that would love to take your place and would do a better job. I enjoy my termanial that I work for , we have @ 175 employees there have great supervisors, managers, and a great termanial manager. I have been ther for almost 7 years and I enjoy it on a daily basis, I have several friends there we are all angry that this will affect every one of us but theres not a thing we can do but grin and bare it. Im sure that when the smoke clears I will have new friends after jan 30 but as far as people like you, YALL DONT BELONG TO A COMPANY LIKE OURS!!! We dont want to work along side you!!! So just either do 1 of 2 things leave or shut up!!!

Wow, you need to check the EXP date on your purple kool aid.

I realy dont think that is nessasary due to the simple fact of the matter is we were doing just fine without yall!! We were successfull profitable and a family for the most part a close family that was there for us if we needed them, now we are bigger, not profitable, and not close due to growing pains. If you dont belive me do your research look and see what our stock was in 2004 b4 we bought yall and look at it now. So the waste of 700,000,000.00 dollars and I do mean a waste needs no thanks and the merger may be successfull in the long run, will not be successfull in the close future due to the class of arrogance of the people of national. Agin I said working with yall side by side on a daily will be misirable but I for 1 will grin and bare it. And the purple koolaid is vary good I must say thanks for asking!!!

Do any of you really believe that shaking your fists and angry typing are making a difference to the people who buy entire companies at a time? Stop shaking your fists and start embracing the new reality. No one at corporate cares what you think about Freight or National. They have made their decisions and have moved on months ago. They're out on the golf course high fiving each other.

What's say we all take a deep breath and try to understand how all of our brothers and sisters might feel right now? Many of us will be displaced. Many more are uncertain as to what the future holds. Its a bitter reminder that we must all come to terms with. None of us is in absolute control of our destinies. Therefore we have to extend a hand to our fellow man and try to make the landing as soft as possible. If we can't deal with each other in a peaceful and respectful manner then we are doomed to a bitter fate.

None of this is our fault yet all of this has become our responsibility. As compassionate decent hard working men and women we must rise above the bitter accusations and extend a hand of peace to each other.

Let the corporate automatons make their impersonal decisions. Let the workers rise above it and help each other get through...

You have a very bad attitude, I'm going to loose my job with National and I don't usually wish anything bad on anybody but I hope that you last a lot of spots on the board. There is no reason for you to have an attitude like that. But as I've always heard you have them everywhere that you go and by the way Freight was losing money too, go look at the numbers. Most of the Freight guys that I know don't have an attitude like you do, they are upset because of the way that this thing played out but they don't mind working side by side with our guys. We all have been screwed not just the Freight guys I hope you have a change of heart because we are all in this together.

We all have been screwed not just the Freight guys I hope you have a change of heart because we are all in this together.

I seriously doubt he will have a change of heart, we have a couple of people like him at our center. It's all about me me me.

To all the "NATIONAL/WATKINGS"drivers wrong door does not speak or represent all of us at freight in this situation some will loose some will gain,but wrong door you need to get a life or start waching sponge bob cartoons and RELAX.

I for one will be watching my back for a while after (if) I get to work for the new FedEx Freight. I fully expect to be hassled on the job and my personal vehicle messed with. I just hope that the workers like Wrong Door are in the minority. I just want to do my job and be left in peace.

I would like to say a big thank you again to the Freight worker in Indianapolis that found and returned my cell phone. This happened this past winter (working the dock on the front end of a dock combo and it ended up in a Freight pup). So, from past personal experience I know that not all Freight people have bad attitudes toward National.

...I wish I could remember his name.

3k33p73le5Td5P65R3a2adcf60d4815b11e.jpg

There is a reason the first memo provided this:

Employee Assistance Plan 800-459-2780

Cigna can Provide psychological and mental services for those who may feel the need to obtain it before, during and after the merger.

It is available to family members too that are on your plan if things get real bad. I'm not being a _____.

It can be very useful if anyone really does feel hopeless or screwed over to the point that ones anger could escalate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mabey you didnt relize where the bad attitude started but go back to the first thred on this page and wake up and read open your eyes and stop defending your fellow employees that you work with that is the person that started this thred not me your fellow collegue. Im the one who said to grin and bare it. You must be a full time dock worker that has gone from job to job hell maby even a part timer grow up because if you are losing your job its either you wanted to take advantage of the layoff like many of your great employees at national or you have no time in with the company like i said either part timer or full time dock. Due to the back door dealing with whoever you owner of watkins and the owner of Fedex Freight I am to loose 8 positions in the city but have the oppertunity to go to the road. Yall are the ones with the attitudue from the first day we bought yall till now go back and read the first thred. You want to talk about numbers well lets talk June 06 our stock was sitting between 110.00-125.00 a share and after sept 06 stocks plumated to 40.00-50.00 dollars a share So look at the numbers agin and we were at the top of the list not now thanks to watkins ot has been a stumblong block for us thats why we are merging it was either shut yalls doors completly or merge.

The stock dropped at the end of 08 and into 09 because of the recession that we are still in. Stock was still in the high 90's in 08 so go and check your numbers because National and Freight were both losing numbers. It wasn't all National, we were lumped together as Fed Ex Freight on the market but behind the scenes both were losing money. I do wish you the best, Wrongdoor, but chill out with the hostility. I wasn't here when it was Watkins but I do know before they bought Watkins that Watkins was making money. I saw the reports so I do know what I'm talking about. Anyway we all need to take a breath and hope for the best for all involved.