Thank You, Their Loyal Employees

Who Cares

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems as though the truth is starting to come out on how much the company really appreciates the employees that stuck with them through the strike. Remember all of the pictures of the smiling, happy employees on the company website telling how wonderful it was at Oak? Best place to be, Never been treated better, wonderful managers and so on.

For some time (J)Oak has been using Kamencko Express to haul overage up from S. Cal. Well now they are pulling OHFL sets both ways. Of course all terminals on the I-5 corridor have line drivers sitting at home getting one night a week if they are lucky. Now the Portland shop is working double time to get the 10 used long boxes that they bought with the company flag on them so Kamencko can pull them instead. Nice reward for your hard work.

I understand that Mike B and Ron K are heading down south to spray perfume and throw rose pedals on the ground to cover up the stench of a rotting company and their lies. And they are on a mission to stop the Union talk that they have heard about coming from California too. While they are visiting with you, you might ask about Kamencko's SMS Rating. They could certainly find a better carrier. I guess they don't want to pay for quality.

While I am here you may want to keep an ear to the ground for a replacement job and try to rathole a few extra bucks. We have always been able to buy parts for cash and ask for the Oak discount. Someone did just that the other day and was told "nope, account closed." Couple of the wrench turners confirmed that several places have OHFL on COD.

Thanks again loyal subjects.:bowdown:

thanks for the post. We have seen this **** outfit pulling lines out of portland. Does everyone get the company will **** and steal from everyone they can. Got to be able to pay for the next golf terny.

Yep. Just got confirmation from a dispatcher that Kamencko Express is to start running sleeper teams to LA next week. Seems as the drivers showed up a week early...must have had a bad translator.

Are all you guys working a billion hours overtime or is that for just few. How can oak harbor be hurting when they are sending these paychecks home. Don't get me wrong. We are able to pay off a lot of things but I feel so bad about the number of hours he is working.

truckchik1, everybody i know in the or wa area i busy, the pd is real busy, the last two they tried to hire couldnt pass the background/drug test. Good drivers wont apply here since we have no contract or retirement, i dont blame them.

Surely you jest. Do you mean that everyone is catching on to JOak Harbors crap? Imposable! Bring on the clowns. They are going to have a Job Fair April 30th.

Maybe they will explain about the $1.6 million wage settlement in California, even as they try to intimidate a line driver to run 540 miles with no breaks to "make service." Or try to start a policy that the dockmen have to ask permission to use the restroom. How about the statement from David V. that he said "don't go to the doctor because it cost us money."

Maybe they will talk about their "modern, well maintained fleet." You know the one that has paper thin brakes, steer tires that are at 3/32 before they are pulled. Drive tires that are at 2/32 on line power that run the Cascade passes every night. But so what it pays to chain. Don't forget the trailers that are 20+ years old that are so well maintained they have air lines rubbing that the "mechanics" never see. Maybe they will tell you that all of the mechanics are actively looking for other jobs. Or how they couldn't replace a headlight because they didn't have a bulb in stock. Or how about some of their suppliers cutting them off because of past due bills. Then there is the Director of Maintenance that wouldn't put DEF in a certain terminal because the trucks requiring it will never go there. One did and ran out in the middle of BFE. Sure saved money on that deal.

I don't know how they are going to hire drivers, they don't have enough power now. If one goes down, as they do regularly, they don't have a spare. They constantly run out of empty trailers because there is so many parked that need repairs.

I have been around the horn more that once and as soon as maintenance goes in the crapper the company isn't far behind.

Maybe I should talk about a line dispatcher in Portland that asks "we turn Reno out of here, don't we?" Or how the average life span of a line dispatcher in Portland is about 14 months. It is no wonder that he has to take time off for stress.

How about a Terminal Manager that promotes/demotes his operations supervisors so often you don't know if they are a stupidvisor or just another flunky and then acts surprised that you don't know who is the leader of the day. Then there is managers that spend most of their time trying to blame someone else for their screw-ups. Not one of them has the gonads to stand up and say "I did it." What a bunch of gutless morons.

Don't forget the company tag line. "Bringing you peace of mind since 1916." (And we still don't know what we are doing.) Bring your own beverages to to the Job Fair, the company KoolAid is rather bitter, some say it taste like mule ****.

Oh, if you would like more information about the settlement in California send me a PM with an e-email address that can take a .PDF. It is rather enlightening reading. And having to come up with that sum of money probably explains all of the suits that were snooping around several months ago. Me bets they mortgaged the last speck of dirt that the VP's own.

One might accuse me of making this up. Trust me, one can't make this kind of stuff up.