R&L | Thanks a bunch....idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nushuz

TB Lurker
Credits
To the R&L driver who tried his best to kill he and I both last Friday morning on I-20 just east of Birmingham, "Thanks a lot", you complete idiot. Not only did you show that you are a complete idiot, you have shown a degree of professionalism that can only be likened to that of your average professional dump truck driver. You'd be better off in a city taxi . At what point did you think it would be wise to not let me over in the left lane through the construction zone when the sign said" All Trucks Left lane"? And when you saw that Jersey wall on both sides with my lane being so narrow, at what point did you think that was a good time to accelerate? You sir, are a complete idiot. I of course do not post this as if every R&L driver is bad, because obviously you all aren't. But, you do have one seriously stupid driver amongst you who would be better off working in the tire shop. Thank You.

Sadly this company has had to lower its hiring reqirements because experienced drivers will not work for R and L's "combo pay and hrs". You have just met the result of this policy. That being said, the majority of the newbies are hard workers and are trying to support themselves and their familes just like you and I. But what you just described above is BS. If you were able to get a cab number or a trailer number I strongly encourge you to call our corporate office and turn that stupid jackwagon in.

Thanks Sapper. I was hoping that he might just be reading the board and get my message. He really was a disgrace, but it seems like there are some drivers at all companies that are doing basically the same kind of nonsense out on the road. It made for a few tense moments to say the least.

Whats wrong with the tire shop? You should have slowed down & assured a safe distance, then got over ? ok ....blame someone else, cause you stayed
in the throttle also ? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Whats wrong with the tire shop? You should have slowed down & assured a safe distance, then got over ? ok ....blame someone else, cause you stayed
in the throttle also ? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Totally agree with you Cheese, sorry that you think you were wronged but as cheese said, you could have backed off also and merged behind him.I see too many truckers these days acting like four wheelers wanting to squeeze into a closing lane at the last minute and expect,no demand that you back off and allow them to cut you off.Its possible that R+L driver was mother Fing you as much as you were him.

Totally agree with you Cheese, sorry that you think you were wronged but as cheese said, you could have backed off also and merged behind him.I see too many truckers these days acting like four wheelers wanting to squeeze into a closing lane at the last minute and expect,no demand that you back off and allow them to cut you off.Its possible that R+L driver was mother Fing you as much as you were him.

I guess it's a matter of how old you are. Some can remember when truckers were curteous to each other.

SuperCourse said:
I guess it's a matter of how old you are. Some can remember when truckers were curteous to each other.

Im 43 and remember all too well but he did not say if they were in slow fraffic or moving at speed. If your moving at speed and someone comes down a lane next to you knowing that lane ends and you have to back out of it to let them in or hope they have enough sense to back out of it themselves and merge in behind you which are you gonna choose?

Im 43 and remember all too well but he did not say if they were in slow fraffic or moving at speed. If your moving at speed and someone comes down a lane next to you knowing that lane ends and you have to back out of it to let them in or hope they have enough sense to back out of it themselves and merge in behind you which are you gonna choose?

Well, the way it sounds to me the R&L driver accelerated to pass the OP just as the lanes were narrowing. To me, that's a no no. Coming into the situation at speed, side by side, whichever tractor is ahead has the right of way. The OP clearly states that the R&L truck accelerated to get along side him. That's an amateur move in my opinion.

Well, the way it sounds to me the R&L driver accelerated to pass the OP just as the lanes were narrowing. To me, that's a no no. Coming into the situation at speed, side by side, whichever tractor is ahead has the right of way. The OP clearly states that the R&L truck accelerated to get along side him. That's an amateur move in my opinion.

If that is the case,of coarse however the only thing you wrote that that Ill question is in the case of two lanes and one lane coming to an end or a restriction in that lane forcing you to move over,both drivers do not have the right of way.The driver in the proper lane to begin with which was the R+L driver has the right of way.Either way he doesnt seem to be coming back to say one way or the other so its kind of a mute point.

Just so you'll know and not continue jumping to any more pointless conclusions, I did hit the brakes and fall in behind the idiot. I did the right thing, that wasn't up for debate. Whether or not he's a idiot wasn't either, it was simply my opinion of him. No matter what you may think of the R&L driver or me, there was NO freight worth wrecking he and I both for.

Nushuz said:
there was NO freight worth wrecking he and I both for.

I totally agree with you on that point but as for whether it was pointless or not Ive seen plenty of people in my 25 years on the road that thought they were right when they were totally wrong. It may seem pointless for us to discuss that here but you did bring the subject into a public forum,if you dont like the outcome of airing your problem with the R+L driver then maybe you should have kept it to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
More often than not it becomes a case of "lead, follow, or get out of the way".........Pretty self explanatory stuff. For the record, merging into the side of a vehicle is never an option........The driver in the proper lane to start with has the right-of-way where I come from.

Dear R&L Driver, I'd like to publicly apologize for referring to you as an idiot. I had no idea that when I brought the error of your ways to the public light, that I would encounter more scrutiny from others of your caliber. For that, I stand corrected. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.