TForce | Thanks for this forum

Drake

TB Lurker
Credits
Thank you, Jeff, for providing this "UPS Feeder" forum. It is appreciated to now have our own group forum to discuss ideas, gripes, etc...
I wish to start this out on a positive note so;
I'm grateful to have this job.
I'm high on the feeder seniority list.
I enjoy listening to the radio.

I'd better leave it at that for now or I'm liable to go off on a tangent and I know it will lead to negative talk.:ziplip:

I wish to start this out on a positive note so;
I'm grateful to have this job.
I'm high on the feeder seniority list.
I enjoy listening to the radio.

Amen Brother, I love my sirius as well as my seniority and am damn grateful to have a job paying this good with such good benefits!
Gary

feeder drivers ,I believe,are the doubles drivers in the ups package division.Would have loved to work for ups but chose abf instead as they were hiring at that time

Wheres a feeder driver to say what their job title is?
this is their forum surely they can answer this question.

As far as I know from what I heard from some city drivers that once had feeder bids.
They were the linehaul drivers for UPS parcel.
A UPS 'Feeder'is the ones who are feeding the parcels from terminal to terminal,from what I've been told by a UPS city semi driver.

Drivers that weren't hauling between terminals,or depots (whatever their terminals are called)
but drove semi units were not concidered feeder drivers.

And here I bet a lot of you freight haulers, thought 'Feeder Drivers' were drivers that were always eatting some food item as they drove their semi's.

And here I bet a lot of you freight haulers, thought 'Feeder Drivers' were drivers that were always eatting some food item as they drove their semi's.

Ha Ha , Yeah That could explain my continuing weight gain!
Basically A feeder driver drives a semi with single double or triple trailers loaded with individually labeled parcels (not ltl). The trailers are destined for rail, airport, center, hub or cache and contain ground, 3 day, 2 day or next day. The runs are city, center to center or hub or exchanges that will cross state lines. Most feeders work a 12hr or less shift 4 or 5 days a week, and go home everyday. In addition some work various types of mileage runs and sleeper runs.

Thank you for your clarification on this UPS class of driver,MackShifter.

Remember you can find most of your trucking questions answered from this Truckingboard from the ones who hold the steering wheels.

Ha Ha , Yeah That could explain my continuing weight gain!
Basically A feeder driver drives a semi with single double or triple trailers loaded with individually labeled parcels (not ltl). The trailers are destined for rail, airport, center, hub or cache and contain ground, 3 day, 2 day or next day. The runs are city, center to center or hub or exchanges that will cross state lines. Most feeders work a 12hr or less shift 4 or 5 days a week, and go home everyday. In addition some work various types of mileage runs and sleeper runs.

And as far as I understand it, you generally don't get hired in as a feeder driver, like we can get hired straight into linehaul in freight. You work your way into the job from delivering parcels in a package car 1st making 100+ stops a day! And of coarse making mostly right turns.