XPO | Thanks To All The P&d Drivers!

Conway Lifer

TB Lurker
Credits
I was a city driver for over 30 years, and dealing with customers could be very interesting at times. I gave up city for LH, and am very lucky that I only come in contact with 2 maybe 4 other employees each day, so very easy to do social distancing. So I give a big thanks to all our city drivers, for you really are now at risk, each day, not only visiting customers you know, but so many you have never met. I imagine during this crisis, you have come across some people, that maybe showed signs of maybe having Covid 19. I imagine stress at these times can be very high. Not knowing if the customers your going to, are also being safe, and making sure it’s safe for you. You guys are really on the front line, you guys are the ones who deliver and pick up everything. So thanks everyone, may you keep on working safe, stay healthy, and hopefully, this ends sooner then later.

I was a city driver for over 30 years, and dealing with customers could be very interesting at times. I gave up city for LH, and am very lucky that I only come in contact with 2 maybe 4 other employees each day, so very easy to do social distancing. So I give a big thanks to all our city drivers, for you really are now at risk, each day, not only visiting customers you know, but so many you have never met. I imagine during this crisis, you have come across some people, that maybe showed signs of maybe having Covid 19. I imagine stress at these times can be very high. Not knowing if the customers your going to, are also being safe, and making sure it’s safe for you. You guys are really on the front line, you guys are the ones who deliver and pick up everything. So thanks everyone, may you keep on working safe, stay healthy, and hopefully, this ends sooner then later.
My God , you dont have to show any "signs" to be a transmitter of coronavirus

My God , you dont have to show any "signs" to be a transmitter of coronavirus
Ya, we all know that, and your point? I’m sure when we are all in the grocery store we walk by many who are Asymptomatic carriers of the virus, but when your out, don’t you jerk your head when you see or hear someone cough or sneeze? I do. So when the P&D drivers are at a delivery, and someone coughs or sneezes, or worse, looks sick, my guess is that their stress levels increase.

Ya, we all know that, and your point? I’m sure when we are all in the grocery store we walk by many who are Asymptomatic carriers of the virus, but when your out, don’t you jerk your head when you see or hear someone cough or sneeze? I do. So when the P&D drivers are at a delivery, and someone coughs or sneezes, or worse, looks sick, my guess is that their stress levels increase.

With it being allergy season. People are relaxing a bit on the mucusy, swollen eyes, typical hacking and sneezing. But if you got a dry cough. Mother lovers are about to mace you with lysol.

We are trying. I guess. The virus has been here since November. And just a couple weeks ago they said we should wear masks. A bit late. I'd say.

We are trying. I guess. The virus has been here since November. And just a couple weeks ago they said we should wear masks. A bit late. I'd say.
The CCP virus first case came in on Jan. 15 to the US from Wuhan, China to Seattle. A couple of days later the patient was diagnosed and quarantined at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, WA. Middle to Late November in Wuhan, is supposedly when the virus went from animal to human and SARS-CoV-2 evolved. Here is a story of tracing of contacts on those very first weeks in the Seattle area.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/...vud6Sod6-rvmQtIl4ctGkTQ9PWl1dNr61VBeypBF8r4nQ

The CCP virus first case came in on Jan. 15 to the US from Wuhan, China to Seattle. A couple of days later the patient was diagnosed and quarantined at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, WA. Middle to Late November in Wuhan, is supposedly when the virus went from animal to human and SARS-CoV-2 evolved. Here is a story of tracing of contacts on those very first weeks in the Seattle area.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/...vud6Sod6-rvmQtIl4ctGkTQ9PWl1dNr61VBeypBF8r4nQ
Yes the first Confrimed case by the CDC was in Seattle. Now more scientist and Doctors believe it's bee in the US since late Nov.

Back into the danger zone tomorrow. Big difference in the risk when working and not is when not working you can pick and choose what environment your in . When at work you are thrust into more situations in the line of duty. These situations at work are only safe if you take all the precautions that are available. It’s extremely exhausting and stressful daily. It’s constantly going through your head did I do this or do that right and safely. Who will I be exposed to next , do they have it . Do I have it . Every stop provides new possibilities.

My hats off to p&d drivers.

Last edited:
Back into the danger zone tomorrow. Big difference in the risk when working and not is when not working you can pick and choose what environment your in . When at work you are thrust into more situations in the line of duty. These situations at work are only safe if you take all the precautions that are available. It’s extremely exhausting and stressful daily. It’s constantly going through your head did I do this or do that right and safely. Who will I be exposed to next , do they have it . Do I have it . Every stop provides new possibilities.

Im run day line, I carry wipes, hand sanitizer, and a cloth mask its washable. Wipe down my truck in the morning and in the evening, for the night line driver. Wash hands , seems 10 times a day, LOL, but all we can do is what we are doing, and hope for the best. Thanks again, to you, for working in the city, and may you and your family and your yard, all stay healthy and safe!

We see lots less people than the clerks at gas stations and grocery stores. I’m not going to live in fear.

I'm glad I live where I do, not too many cases...known cases, anyways. So I just try to be mindful of distancing, don't touch my face and lots of hand washing thru out the day and sanitizer if I touch something at a stop (door handles, windows, sign-in clipboards, etc.) without gloves on. I don't want to bring this home, if I can avoid it. But for the most part, it's kinda business as usual at most customers. Several have gone through the motions and put up signs and hand sanitizer stations inside, but not much else changed. But then you have some that treat you as if you are a leper. 'Driver not to enter more than 6ft into building. Leave paperwork on table next to sign-in sheet. Please refrain from touching anything while inside the building. No restrooms available to non-employees.'

Pfft, as if I wanted to play russian-roulette with that tissue paper you put by the toilet, anyways...

It was not that long ago that most of you guys were driving non-a/c trucks. Getting in after someone else was sweating in it all day or night. The seat was soaked with sweat the steering wheel was black and nasty. We take risk everyday and are bombard by virus and bacteria all day long add to that the 1000s of other thing that could happen to us from the time we open our eyes, if they open in the morning. Yet we can't live in a bubble. We take to much time worrying about one thing because it will be the one that were not looking for is the one that gets us

It sucks, but we all have to do our part and just simply be cautious and vigilant. Not just for ourselves but for each other. We can't go hide in our basements, but we can't run around like it's business as usual either, not for a little while anyway. If I can go a little further and do something to make someone else safer, or even feel safer I will but I won't unnecessarily put myself at risk because someone else can't handle the thought of me doing my job. If it's that bad for some people, they should just stay home and let those of us that will do the job do it.