Thanksgiving Day Football

RickyRicardo

TB Regular
Credits
How 'bout da Raidas. It took them 12 seconds to score against the Cowgirls.

Meanwhile, back at the couch...
I should have learned by now to keep my mouth shut until it's over
At least I'm smart enough not to gamble

Now maybe the Stealers won't disappoint...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad teams just seem to find a way to lose. Trust me I know, I've followed one for decades. (Lions) The over-rated, over-exposed Cowboys stink and I was hoping that the Raiders would embarrass them.

Green Bay. Good grief. They're pathetic without Rodgers. He needs to heal quick. It's hard to believe that the rest of the team has just give up. I doubt that they will be able to just flip the switch and get it together immediately once he comes back. I think their toast for this season.

The Steelers/Ravens was a pretty good game, but the Steelers offense just isn't the same anymore. No playoffs for them either.

Bad teams just seem to find a way to lose. Trust me I know, I've followed one for decades. (Lions) The over-rated, over-exposed Cowboys stink and I was hoping that the Raiders would embarrass them.

Green Bay. Good grief. They're pathetic without Rodgers. He needs to heal quick. It's hard to believe that the rest of the team has just give up. I doubt that they will be able to just flip the switch and get it together immediately once he comes back. I think their toast for this season.

The Steelers/Ravens was a pretty good game, but the Steelers offense just isn't the same anymore. No playoffs for them either.
Yep, and I was 0 for 3 yesterday as far as who I was pulling for. As a longtime Falcon fan I haven't had anything to hope for since about the second or third week of the season.

Flynn is new and hasn't had the privilege of working with those receivers or the "O" line(which BTW was pathetic at best yesterday).. Even Rodgers complains about how weak they are at the "O" line positions.. It's like Aikman said yesterday, "I don't think Rodgers could have held up with that "O" line".... When you have a weak line, you gotta be able to get the ball out quicker.. Flynn and those guys couldn't get on the same page..

My Raiders are not ready for prime time yet but they will have plenty of money to spend and will be a much better team next year...

We were talking about that yesterday. I know that the Carson Palmer experiment didn't go well but I still think they need someone that is a proven winner at QB. The QB and coaching carousel doesn't help their cause any. The experienced QB is going to cost them a pile of money, but I think they need to stabilize that position.

After the game, the Packers should have just lined up their entire O line, facing away from the rest of team with their legs spread, then had the kicker walk behind them........and one at a time.:nut_kick:

We were talking about that yesterday. I know that the Carson Palmer experiment didn't go well but I still think they need someone that is a proven winner at QB. The QB and coaching carousel doesn't help their cause any. The experienced QB is going to cost them a pile of money, but I think they need to stabilize that position.

Raiders have an excellent YOUNG QB right now and stability at the coaching position, the problem is we don't have quality WR's and we can't get to the QB rushing 3-4 guys like other teams so QB;s pick our defense apart... That's all about to change, the Raiders have 70+ Million to work with next year on the cap... Carson Palmer was not worth the money he was requesting and would not take a pay cut, the Raiders would not be better with Carson this year than they are now.

Matt McGloin is the next big thing in the NFL....

We did discuss their WR's also. There were several times where they dropped the ball and stopped a drive. The great ones catch the ball and keep the chains moving. They failed over and over. My concern for the Raiders and teams in their position is that if they don't get winning soon, their coach will get whacked before he gets a chance to get them on track. It's a "what have you done for me lately league." They're extremely impatient.

We did discuss their WR's also. There were several times where they dropped the ball and stopped a drive. The great ones catch the ball and keep the chains moving. They failed over and over. My concern for the Raiders and teams in their position is that if they don't get winning soon, their coach will get whacked before he gets a chance to get them on track. It's a "what have you done for me lately league." They're extremely impatient.

Dennis Allen will get one more year.... He was not handed a good team and you can't make chicken salad from chicken ****

Dennis Allen will get one more year.... He was not handed a good team and you can't make chicken salad from chicken ****
For his job's sake, he better get them winning consistently before the end of next year, or the carousel will turn again. Then the two year rebuilding process begins all over again.

They need to capitalize on the free agency market since they have money to burn.

For his job's sake, he better get them winning consistently before the end of next year, or the carousel will turn again. Then the two year rebuilding process begins all over again.

They need to capitalize on the free agency market since they have money to burn.

I have been a Raiderfan since I was in the 2nd grade, This is an entirely different team since the Old Man died, Al as much as I loved his style, slid as he got very old and made some bad moves. The Raiders have also had their share of bad luck with the failure of the can't miss QB Jamarcus Russell ... The team is ran like a business now, there are still a few bad players to weed out that will be gone this year and when they are gone it will free cap space that the Raiders will have plenty of next year...

The Raiders made deep deep cuts this year and ate the cap hit to free it up for next year, I figured a 6 win season at best.
The Raiders will go mainly defense next year in the draft, pick up a top flight WR in free agency and possibly a top flight TE ...

That McGloin is going to be a helluva good QB I think... Quick release and smart and plays with a chip on his shoulder, a walk on at Penn State and an Undrafted rookie in the NFL.

Better bring this to the attention of OSU's head coach, and then maybe Les Miles.

IMO

Great Game...
We had steaks today...and changed the name to Steaksgiving for are Family get together (butteyes vs Michigan)