FedEx Freight | The 50 mile thing

I do not have the energy to explain it it..but anyone at FXF who thinks they are getting shaft cause they may lose their job (spouse included) are in no way getting it as bad as National. Just my 2 cents.

maybe has something to do with old Natl teams that don't live anywhere near 50mi to the terminal, that are currently renting motel rooms since they broke them up

The 50 mile thing is you have to transfer and the terminal you are going to is more thing 50 miles from your house. The company will give you $3,000 to move to your new location.

The 50 mile thing is you have to transfer and the terminal you are going to is more thing 50 miles from your house. The company will give you $3,000 to move to your new location.

How sure are you about this? All the choices I was given are well over 50 miles away.

They could have just shut National down princess...or made you go to the bottom of the board..but the didnt..they let national come to freight...Freight is making the money and National is looseing it. Your lucky you have a job.

They could have just shut National down princess...or made you go to the bottom of the board..but the didnt..they let national come to freight...Freight is making the money and National is looseing it. Your lucky you have a job.

umm...I think you misunderstood my post..

Spouse works for freight 6+yrs, will lose his job for sure, He can get another one. we don't have to uproot our lives and family to keep it..hence, I said National seems to be getting the crappier end of the stick. Just my 2 cents.

The last time I checked Freight and National were both losing money, hence the merger. Ground and Express were the only ones making money. We're all getting the shaft and I just hope that everyone lands on their feet.

They could have just shut National down Princess...or made you go to the bottom of the board..but they didn't..they let National come to Freight...Freight is making the money and National is loosing it. You're lucky you have a job.

And that's the final word from the accounting dept. Opinions are just like belly buttons..........everybody's got one.
My 7 yr old granddaughter fixed your typos.

Last edited by a moderator:
one has to be doing better than the other. why didn't they shut down fedex freight instead? I honestly believe fedex is going to do more than just merge us. leave to ole freddy

one has to be doing better than the other. why didn't they shut down fedex freight instead? I honestly believe fedex is going to do more than just merge us. leave to ole freddy
Cuse freight has the systems already. Natl isnt as up to date with stuff. It sure was a waste just now switching time clocks and all.

Anybody know which one they are closing in Buffalo?

umm...I think you misunderstood my post..

Spouse works for freight 6+yrs, will lose his job for sure, He can get another one. we don't have to uproot our lives and family to keep it..hence, I said National seems to be getting the crappier end of the stick. Just my 2 cents.

He will get 12 weeks severance pay plus unused sick time

Have gotten the 3000 once already to transfer to another center.....comes out to 1800 smackers when uncle sam gets his cut...hooty out.

Have gotten the 3000 once already to transfer to another center.....comes out to 1800 smackers when uncle sam gets his cut...hooty out.

Thanks for the info, sir. Every little bit will help when it comes time to move.