FedEx Freight | The 50 mile thing

Ok, let me say this: if they do pay anything towards relocation to a terminal more than 50 miles away...great! If they don't, I won't cry about it.

My spouses paperwork says that IF the terminal you move to is more than 50 miles away they will pay 3k relocation minus taxes. Not enough to move a family and household after taxes taken out.

Just to clarify, you only get the relocation fee if you actually move to another home as result of being transferred to another center that is over 50 miles from your present home. In my case, I will be transferring to a center that is actually 14 miles closer to my home, so I'll only be driving 32 miles one way now.

With regards to National losing money, vs. Freight losing money..., uhm, well, I don't really want to send this thread in the wrong direction, but the way it was explained to me, Fedex Freight is a division of Fedex Corporation, (one of 4 divisions) and National, along with Custom Critical, (and maybe more, I'm not sure) are subsidiaries of the Freight Division, which in turn reflects on Freight's overall P&L spreadsheet, soooo, I reluctantly agree that yeeeesssss, National was/is losing money, which is why the merger is happening sooner rather than later. Basically, it's all Lakeland's fault. If they had gotten on board with all of Fedex's policies, the merger might never have happened. Bottom line, if you have a job when this is all over with, be thankful.

33 one way is what I also drive. (75 a day to and from work)

33 miles = 1 hour

you ain't gettin jack

I have it right here in the handout where we are supposed to indicate what locations we are willing to go to and in which order we would prefer to go. In the fine print, it spells out the guidelines where we would qualify for the $3000 relocation sum. (I know that figure is before taxes)

33 one way is what I also drive. (75 a day to and from work)

33 miles = 1 hour

I do 62 one way(124 a day round trip) my center is closing and the next one could be 103 or 110 one way.
I'm out in the sticks though so my 62 = 1 hour.

"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

are u sure about the location thing. remember this is a merge not a change of ops. different rules. may be wrong but the way it was explained was two terms in the same city one would close. then people would merge into the other term. with seniority. there is no following the work from city to city or state to state. If u are low on the board and they don't need u then u get ur pink slip. If after there is a term. with openings then u can transfer but with the transfer policy. with u going to the bottom of the board and on your own dime.

It seems like very few people actually read the handouts and try and get there questions answered through 'truckingboards.com' or just talking to fellow drivers. So many headaches would be relieved if people would just read the papers they were given.

It seems like very few people actually read the handouts and try and get there questions answered through 'truckingboards.com' or just talking to fellow drivers. So many headaches would be relieved if people would just read the papers they were given.

Is that kinda like reading the instructions before you screw something up and get all pissed off? been there, done that----

National loosing money

lets put it this way. Fedex bought watkins who was making money for years, let freight steal most of the freight, invested lots of money in freight canada who was previously part of watkins, ran national into the ground like morons and took all the write offs from the govt for the lossess. None of us like the merger. Lets face it. It is what it is. Lots of people will be screwed. You may not like it but that is the end result. If not today than sometime in the future it will effect you or someone close to you in a negative way.:17113: