FedEx Freight | The 50 mile thing

National was profitable as Watkins before Fedex ran it completely dry. That is why they paid over 700 million dollars for it. The split the canada freight to freight. They stole lots of freight from national and gave it to freight. they gave all the cheap freight they got trying to do in roadway to national. the refused to get new equipment, sold most of our dollys, spent thousands sending people to places they never intended to keep running, no body was running national. they let the drivers run with little of no management. it turned out to be a big joke. they turned our company into a big joke. so listen princess, if you are going to tell it, tell it like is is. bub

This is how the 50 mile radius will work: FXFN in Mira Loma Ca will be laying off 15 line drivers after all the shuffling is done. FXF Fontana Ca will get the first crack at the severance pay if they take the early out. Two of them did. This leaves Mira Loma with 13 drivers on the lay off list. Now it open up regionally for any terminal within 50 miles of Mira Loma, which incorporates most of the Los Angeles basin. Any driver can volunteer for the severance pay at one of these terminals to cut down the list in Mira Loma. The 50 mile radius only works in the large metropolitan area like LA. Hope this helps. TP

If National is losing money, It's because they don't
have anyone that knows how to run a trucking.
Bill Watkins I miss you like you were one of my relatives.

Then it looks like I should get relocation money since I just found out I can "follow the freight" to Terre Haute, In.

what i know about the 50 mile,is if you opt to take a position 50+ miles from your present location you can opt to take severance or take that positon and transfer, within 6 mouths you will have to provide an address to receive your 3k,and to the guy that said were lucky to have a job,fedex bought us because watkins was makeing money,we were a high quality carrier(high paying freight) fedex made us aeconomic carrier only to try to put yellow under.when they first bougth us we made more proffit than the other subsities in the fedex family as told in past issues of the fedex news letters.

slim, according to what we have been told you will be eligible for the 3k. I want to be the first from TER to formally welcome you and everyone else that is coming. We are excited at the new runs and hapy to have more faces coming in. If you have any questions, just let me know and I will try to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. My wife and I are coming out there this weekend to look around. I look forward to meeting you guys in February. I'm sure i'll havequestions. When I do, you can be sure i'll. ask.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

what i know about the 50 mile,is if you opt to take a position 50+ miles from your present location you can opt to take severance or take that positon and transfer, within 6 mouths you will have to provide an address to receive your 3k,and to the guy that said were lucky to have a job,fedex bought us because watkins was makeing money,we were a high quality carrier(high paying freight) fedex made us aeconomic carrier only to try to put yellow under.when they first bougth us we made more proffit than the other subsities in the fedex family as told in past issues of the fedex news letters.

Sorry Mr Breeze Watkins was bought for their canadian authority, that you where making money was good, but north of the border was the main concern.

change tax deduction form in office forward to harrison,claim 6 until ck is cut for move,change back to previous deduction when moved and working ,irs rule 6 total dependents allowed on taxs,legal ,nas drivers last time changed,350.00 dollar extra on ck.