Holland | The Big Announcement?

Wow Blade you are all over that 7+ year old post! Also I thought that your point about funds is they aren't run by the Teamsters.... So what do right to work laws have to do with funds?
Nothing.
Funds are not run by the Teamsters BUT contributions are determined by Teamster contract. Contractual payments to pension funds are negotiated by Teamster Unions. Benefits are based on contributions.
I guess you think that every retiree should be required by law to pay dues to AARP.
I guess you believe that every gun owner should be forced to pay the NRA.
Right to Work laws hold unions accountable to the members, period.
RTW laws do not override the National Labor Relations Act. RTW does not prevent workers from organizing nor does it limit collective bargaining. If your union operates in your best interest, you will support it. Judging from the complaining on TB, members are not being well represented.
Your union only cares about keeping the dues money flowing. The IBT wrote off trucking decades ago. Look at where they are now organizing. They are all about government employees because school systems and road departments are not going out of business.

Nothing.
Funds are not run by the Teamsters BUT contributions are determined by Teamster contract. Contractual payments to pension funds are negotiated by Teamster Unions. Benefits are based on contributions.
I guess you think that every retiree should be required by law to pay dues to AARP.
Right to Work laws hold unions accountable to the members, period.
RTW laws do not override the National Labor Relations Act. RTW does not prevent workers from organizing nor does it limit collective bargaining. If your union operates in your best interest, you will support it. Judging from the complaining on TB, members are not being well represented.
Your union only cares about keeping the dues money flowing. The IBT wrote off trucking decades ago. Look at where they are now organizing. They are all about government employees because school systems and road departments are not going out of business.
Ok so the first part of your post I agree with, the second part is your typical nonsense....if I go to the store and load my cart full of groceries, should I pay for it? Or should the guy behind me in line pay for it? Of course I should. Why would you think it is OK for someone to freeload off of my dues and get free representation? I'm sure you are aware also that half the people that opt out in RTW states do it because they are cheap with no moral compass and not actually upset with the union. I was talking with someone one time who wished we were an RTW state because he could "buy a couple of cases of beer a month" with it...and he was serious...

I own a set of golf clubs. So you are saying I should be able to play Pinehurst or Augusta National without joining the club and paying my dues???
Man, I know where I am going next summer for vacation!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nope.
I'm saying that there should not be a law established by government requiring you to join a third party union in order to earn a living.

Nope.
I'm saying that there should not be a law established by government requiring you to join a third party union in order to earn a living.
So my assessment of you trolling was correct....I will make a suggestion this one time only...if you are trolling and I point out that you are trolling, it likely is not in your best interest to call me someone with "limited reading comprehension"...

I will let you explain to me then how a RTW post has anything to do with funds....dumb it down so even I understand it
It's nearly impossible to explain anything to anyone who has a closed mind, but I will try.
If your union is not working in a way that you feel is in your best interest, you should not be forced, by law, to pay for their services. If you believe that the Teamsters have negotiated a contract that harms you financially, you should not have to pay them. If enough of the members in a RTW state, like Michigan or Indiana, stop paying dues, the union leadership will become more responsive to your demands.
No different than a lawncare company that refuses to listen to your complaint. You just stop paying them. Do it yourself or find another company.

So my assessment of you trolling was correct....I will make a suggestion this one time only...if you are trolling and I point out that you are trolling, it likely is not in your best interest to call me someone with "limited reading comprehension"...
so ban me
your world will become very boring
so sad that this can't be a forum for an exchange of ideas
agree with you or else. sorry, I don't play that game

You seem to have a problem understanding that you started by quoting a post then offering advice that has nothing to do with the original post....RTW will do nothing for a fund cutting a members pension...you said that yourself...as far as banning you I will admit that occasionally you offer some substance, but these boards weren't boring before you and I bet they will be fine with or without you...that last part you added in about being sad about agreeing with me is wrong....nobody has to agree with me or anybody else....look up the definition for trolling please, then look at TBs rules....

so ban me
your world will become very boring
so sad that this can't be a forum for an exchange of ideas
agree with you or else. sorry, I don't play that game
Where did you get the idea that everyone else’s world revolves around what you post?
Get over yourself. Or, take your toys and go home. Oh……..I forgot. You’ve already done that before and came back. So it would seem that you need TruckingBoards more than TruckingBoards needs you!!!

Nope.
There should also not be laws in which votes are necessary to join....we should be everywhere just like RTW guys. And would be without that majority vote requirement.

I need to look up the "why an organizing drive requires majority voted"
Maybe it could be done without a vote.
Freedom.

Actually, I find the VAST majority of posters here to whiny losers.
Bye
Buh bye for now. You'll be back.
kurt russell film GIF

Last edited: