SAIA | The Big Move

You my friend are one of the exceptions to the rule. Count your blessings because the ones that follow you won’t be so fortunate.

Yep, I have 3 friends down here, Big R, Carolina, another PIE, they too have been drawing almost 29, just hit at the right time.
Sad to see things have gone to pot for these guys, if I never draw another check I won't complain.

Yep, I have 3 friends down here, Big R, Carolina, another PIE, they too have been drawing almost 29, just hit at the right time.
Sad to see things have gone to pot for these guys, if I never draw another check I won't complain.
Just wondering if it’s not too personal ... for that 29 years approximately how much cash would that total up to. 500K? More or Less?

You are correct because I like you. You appear to be a bit pro-union and of course everyone knows how I feel about the Teamsters. A bunch of grubby parasites. But other than that you’re a pretty cool dude.:guinesssmilie: :guiness:

Just a bit train, can’t help it, I was born in it. Watched my family survive from the hard fought battles. Even if it’s only a small % , it’s in my blood I suppose. It’s all different now though.:guinesssmilie:

What was your healthcare plan between age 55 and 65
Considering he’s in his 80’s even if he knew he’s probably forgotten. That old fart can’t even remember the day of the week. I’ve been told it’s expensive as hell once you retire. I know an Ole boy out of the western conference that retired early and went off on his wife’s healthcare because of the outrageous cost. I’ll give him a call and see what he knows. Be back shortly.

zTOts4y.jpg

Found this from 2002. My friend wasn’t sure of the numbers but said it wasn’t cheap to retire early at least from a healthcare perspective. Maybe someone else may know the monthly premiums for the Teamsters healthcare plan if you retire early before Medicare kicks in.

I retired at 54, when I was working, we had no copay for anything, dental or vision very fortunate, none of family
had any health problems.
Son started wearing contacts at an early age, he would lose one every week or two, we never paid anything.
Now my supplement policy just hit $404 pr mo.
So far I still have my own joints and no heart problems.
Unlike some on here, I can still distinquish the color (RED)

zTOts4y.jpg

Found this from 2002. My friend wasn’t sure of the numbers but said it wasn’t cheap to retire early at least from a healthcare perspective. Maybe someone else may know the monthly premiums for the Teamsters healthcare plan if you retire early before Medicare kicks in.
Train we have some teamster health care plans that offer free health care for retirees .My local offers this ,just put in 10 years of contributions.Others plans offer reduced rates.

Article in N Y Times says those trucks are leased from Coop Dispatch, may not be any more coming.
They maxed out their VISA, trying to get Train to come back.
That's Okay they can always get more money's from YRC . Ask Mr Truckees he has is pockets full i was told from other drivers from SAIA .