The Big R

My spots were the Schuyler Diner and The Colonial on Orient Way by 17.
Oh man, Colonial Diner for coffee before making first deliveries, Schuyler Diner for lunch when delivering in that area, Telstar Diner when in that area, Lotito's Deli in Ramsey when in that area, Food Court at Paramus Park when in that area, just to name a few. Great to be living and working in the diner capital of the world! :smile new:

Oh man, Colonial Diner for coffee before making first deliveries, Schuyler Diner for lunch when delivering in that area, Telstar Diner when in that area, Lotito's Deli in Ramsey when in that area, Food Court at Paramus Park when in that area, just to name a few. Great to be living and working in the diner capital of the world! :smile new:
We had a place in The south east side of L.A, Frank's, where all the drivers would go. All the dispatchers for every company had the phone number & would call looking for their drivers. If one didn't want to be found we would just let Frank know when we walked in & his response would be "haven't seen him" to your dispatcher if he/she called. Nobody answered the phone at Frank's but Frank.

Lotito's Deli was the best. Can't get food like that down here in the mountain rangers of Florida. :hide:

My spots were the Schuyler Diner and The Colonial on Orient Way by 17.
There was a tiny counter stop at a little hilltop called summit below Williamsport.

I'll have to search it carefully. It was very easy to miss back then and probably out of business by now.

The girls were easy on the eyes and they fed you and kept feeding you until you had enough. Might have cost you 15 and 5 in tip. But they fed you.

Floridians look at you cross eyed when you ask them where a good diner is. I have seen one diner in Tampa which originally was a fast food joint and it is owned by a Greek family from New York.

Floridians look at you cross eyed when you ask them where a good diner is. I have seen one diner in Tampa which originally was a fast food joint and it is owned by a Greek family from New York.
Roady, you moved to Florida to late to enjoy Wolfie Cohen's Rascal House. When I stayed at the Castaways in 1968 it was the go to place for great deli food. Stopped there when heading to Marathon on cycles after Daytona for a number of years. Sadly they're gone, same as the Castaways and most all of the other motels on "Motel Row". Things don't always change for the better.

A few of us senior city guys at Roadway Express Abq. were sitting in the break room one day discussing the up coming merger of Roadway Express and Yellow Freight back in late 2008. Up until then I didn't even realize that I had more then enough time to retire.
We all agreed it was time to go. My retirement came through in June of
2009. I was 59 years old when I retired. I would of stayed longer if not for the merger of Roadway Express and Yellow Freight. Another life decision that has worked out well for me.
Would that happen to be the terminal that Estes Express operates out of now?

I WISH MY #467 LOOKED THAT NICE.
The LJ I drove was SA and came to Branch in an acquistion..
Soon replaced by a B model.
Thanks for the photo !
Good looking horse, I got this photo at the truck show in Harrisonburg Va.