The blame game !

Riteway

TB Lurker
Credits
Yes it's that Troll again ! I have a question for you all ?? Why is this the LOCAL Drivers fault ?? Management has taken the company and now blaming the local drivers for the Union coming in .. Now !!! Lets stop and see ? Who's making drivers stay out 65/70 hours a week working ? with out overtime .. Who closed Delanco ??? So now drivers are waiting on there time .. who is making bad decisions on the drivers time .. Your time don't mean nothing to them , they are still making money off your loads .. but your time from your family is nothing ....the local drivers are not the fault . they just want to have the playing field to be fair .. O yes !! by the way that CEO of YCR did he have anything to do with buying Jevic ? please tell me , and yes Jevic was a none union and you see what happen to them ... just another bad decisions on YRC ... Not the union .. THE BLAME GAME !!

I have a question ? Do you work here ?

And my answer to your questions is no. They are not being blamed and all of the drivers at NCT are free to find another job if they choose. You know exactly what the rules are when you agree to work here it's pretty simple.

Blame ??
Blame the crappy economy,, blame China for slave labor wages,,, hell blame McNabb !!

But don't blame the other 1300 employees that have suffered and sacrificed just as much as the local drivers did. Please!

PLEASE !!! Yes and who got a bonus when the company was taking back ? does me working here have anything to do with treating a person fair ? So you are saying it's ok to make people wait for loads on there time ? not paying overtime after 40 hours a week ? It's people like you that use a person till they drop .. you must work in the office to answer that msg so fast .. It's called workers wrights .. Yes !! I'm in the celling tiles ... open the door, see who is smiles at you and that's me ...

yes we are owed the 5%, but the union isnt going to hand out the 5% back to us... come on

it would incrementally come back over the course of x amt. or years if anything...

but only if the union fights for it

there are alot of "what ifs" and variables that go into what the union can and cant get, as well as how they go about getting it

Better to have someone trying, then NOBODY ! Who do you have G W .. he just wants you all to go way ...and close his door ... Yes yes !! Or better ask , j Saint see what he may help you with ... Or even better try calling J S ,, that's right his voice mail and he may never return your call ... You know whats amazing , you have just a handful of people typing on this and look at all the people viewing this .. Just remember this if they say YRC is not doing good , and the share holds know this, they will need the Union to blame . You know what happen to J P MORGAN ... Pay up !!! And what will happen with NCT if YRC goes out ? You people will need a UNION ASAP and it will be to late ... I'm just a troll what do i know .. Best of the Best ... The new saying will be take of the take if the Union don't get in .. This has cost them money and they plan on getting it back ..

yes we are owed the 5%, but the union isnt going to hand out the 5% back to us... come on

it would incrementally come back over the course of x amt. or years if anything...

but only if the union fights for it

there are alot of "what ifs" and variables that go into what the union can and cant get, as well as how they go about getting it
Do you think I want Nct to go out of business? I want to be treated fairly...bottom line.

notice how mgmt was asked to take a cut, not forced. Then they were to receive it back after 1 year. I'm still waiting for mine. Where is TG during all this? I'm still looking for the rock he crawled under. One positive was the elimination of "Magic Mike".

PLEASE !!! Yes and who got a bonus when the company was taking back ? does me working here have anything to do with treating a person fair ? So you are saying it's ok to make people wait for loads on there time ? not paying overtime after 40 hours a week ? It's people like you that use a person till they drop .. you must work in the office to answer that msg so fast .. It's called workers wrights .. Yes !! I'm in the celling tiles ... open the door, see who is smiles at you and that's me ...

really who got the bonus again? Because if you're basing that off the phoney DnB report.... ;) well, you're wrong. All you're saying is inflammatory rhetoric without any real backing or stances.

do you think the company was totally honest at " the breakfast" you didnt realize its a smoke and mirrors game--when they said its none of your business if were making money--that was all anyone needed to hear. when they did the salary comparisons with unions and ncty that was not accurate btw....treat people fairly and be the leader of the industry---if thats NCTYS goal then say this is our plan...instead they give you a couple of slide shows a pat on the back and a load of B.S. of How they feel your the best drivers-----PROVE IT....i have heard jeffries is pissed about this and upper managements failure and disconnect with its employees. All these managers posting on here is compounding the real problems.

yes , exackly--correct--elaborate--overtime is non existant---ok , great 60 hours a week is like mandatory--12 hours a day---wonderful....i guess you feel your happy to be working...it comes to a point where you say " is this good enough" ? i like my job , but why do they feel i am not worth overtime ?

so when it comes to everything mentioned... what factors in your opinion would be woth fighting for? if you had to prioritize the below aspects what would be the most important to you?

OT pay
incremental pay increases
pension
medical plan
holiday/personal days/sick days
shorter work days
break and lunch hours

If I was still working these would by MY preferences:

1. Overtime Pay- if i'm out late away from my family I feel I should be compensated for the long days.
2. Medical- the out of pocket premiums already take away from my hourly wage. A union funded program would push all those premiums back into my paycheck. It would also save the company money with cheaper premiums for them to join a national healthcare program with more members.
3.Pension- A 401K is good, provided each individual knows which plans to invest in with no guarantees. The pension program is designed to give you guaranteed monthly figures based on your years of service and vestment.
4.Pay Increases- In the past many union contracts were designed to fore-go the hourly pay increase and put that money into their pension,thereby increasing their pension credits for future retirement.
5.Paid Holidays- holidays like the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve instead of using your personal or sick days which right now have to be authorized. A union contract would allow you to "Book Off" without prior approval, as long as you give the minimum time notice. Right now the only allow a certain amount of drivers off.
6.Shorter Work Days- If you were getting OT and not paying for your own health care all that extra money would compensate the extra hours you are presently working now to cover these costs.
7.Lunch & Breaks- By law you are required to take the 30 minute break each day. You will also be entitled to 2 coffee breaks and a lunch, either 30 minutes or up to an hour. If the company asks you to work through your lunch, that would be an hour overtime plus you are still entitled to 20 minutes to eat.