Yellow | The Butch Lewis Act

RoadAtlas

TB Lurker
Credits
13898e83-d9da-4666-b341-01c674d986dc.png

https://mailchi.mp/centralstatesfun...sion-security-participant-update?e=bcf233d8d5

There seems to be one political party in particular that's not supporting pensions. You might want to give them a call or consider voting against them.

Last edited:
After the TARP Bailout, many in Congress were replaced in anger. I doubt we'll have another Bailout in the next 80 years now. The people on here that hated Bailouts then, are now calling for them for us.

Theres no money for 320 million people to bail out our 410,000. The USA is 21 Trillion in Debt, and (in a world of 60 trillion combined in all wealth of the world), the USA has committed to 220 Trillion in Entitlement promises with no way to pay them. MediCare was broke and bailed out in last year's budget. Next year its broke again. Social Security has to be reformed or face cuts within 15 years, per the SSI Trustees. The last thing a responsible Congressman should do, is to bail us out. Its poor stewardship.

The Butch Lewis Act was discussed on here for over a year before introduced in Congress. Senator Brown knew it was Dead On Arrival. The morning he introduced it, it was tabled in November a year ago. That afternoon, he yelled and screamed stupidly at the Committee Chairman, which didnt help. This Bill has no support, and can't get out of Committee, doesnt even have all the Dems, and yet people are blaming Repubs for holding it back. It has 22 in the Senate (IF it gets out of Committee). Its 38 short there. And spending MUST begin in the House, not the Senate. There it needs 218, and has 168.

Find another way. This one's dead...

After the TARP Bailout, many in Congress were replaced in anger. I doubt we'll have another Bailout in the next 80 years now. The people on here that hated Bailouts then, are now calling for them for us.

Theres no money for 320 million people to bail out our 410,000. The USA is 21 Trillion in Debt, and (in a world of 60 trillion combined in all wealth of the world), the USA has committed to 220 Trillion in Entitlement promises with no way to pay them. MediCare was broke and bailed out in last year's budget. Next year its broke again. Social Security has to be reformed or face cuts within 15 years, per the SSI Trustees. The last thing a responsible Congressman should do, is to bail us out. Its poor stewardship.

The Butch Lewis Act was discussed on here for over a year before introduced in Congress. Senator Brown knew it was Dead On Arrival. The morning he introduced it, it was tabled in November a year ago. That afternoon, he yelled and screamed stupidly at the Committee Chairman, which didnt help. This Bill has no support, and can't get out of Committee, doesnt even have all the Dems, and yet people are blaming Repubs for holding it back. It has 22 in the Senate (IF it gets out of Committee). Its 38 short there. And spending MUST begin in the House, not the Senate. There it needs 218, and has 168.

Find another way. This one's dead...

If you insist on bringing facts to the discussion, some will be terribly confused!

When I was laid off by Yellow (recalled by Roadway, resigned from YRC!) 10 years ago- There was something like 22-24 billion in CSPF. In ten years, even in a fantastic economy, we're down to about 14 billion. Projected to go broke in 7 years or less. And the Pension Guarantee Fund will collapse, soon as CSPF zeroes out.

Congressional sides fought each other over rebuilding our Military that is Constitutionally mandated and which protects us. They aren't going to give us 25 billion or more for a small percentage of the population. Even if they did, the Butch Lewis Sct claims it isnt enough, and 'orphans' would be split off into the Pension Guarantee, which we know cant support them.

Both parties suck! It's work until you die never able to retire with a 401scam.

It is sad that you believe a 401k is a ‘scam.’

I have positioned myself so that mine will nicely supplement my ‘half’ pension for a minimum of 30 years, post retirement.

I inform any and all that are open to advice.

If you pm me, I would be happy to walk you through.

NOTHING is guaranteed.

It is sad that you believe a 401k is a ‘scam.’

I have positioned myself so that mine will nicely supplement my ‘half’ pension for a minimum of 30 years, post retirement.

I inform any and all that are open to advice.

If you pm me, I would be happy to walk you through.

NOTHING is guaranteed.
I agree.
Make payments to yourself..
That simple.
If. Big if.
You have a or have been using the 401.
Sounds like you have El.
We (my wife and I) both have 401's.
It's gonna work out.
Your a good man and I hope some take you up on advice. Especially if they are young men. A 401 can save your butt in retirement.

sounds like Jimmy G did his home work!
History repeats.
In 1876 Custer knew the Indians saw troops and scattered. He could take a small group, scatter the combined Sioux/Cheyenne, gain fame, and win the Democrat Prez Nomination.

In 2017, Sherrod Brown saw that the Republicans had always surrendered on pension issues. He could take the pension rights groups and the Butch Lewis act, beat down the Republicans, and win the 2024 Democrat nomination. We're being used!!!

While our CSPF had close to 20 billion, a good leader could've suggested cutting every participant to the Guarantee of 35%. It would've been ugly, but EVERYONE would get Something. Instead, like Custer, we've split into three groups: one that gets 100% until it drains to zero; a group that'll get full for a year or two and then zero at about age 65 to 70; and anyone 55 or younger that will never get a dime.

Custer, like Brown, wanted all the glory. Brown filed the bill and it'll die in Committee. Custer took 65 soldiers and rode against 6,000 well armed elite Northern Cheyenne.

I took these pictures on Last Stand Hill myself. The battle lasted less than 15 minutes. The bodies were buried where they fell. All for Glory....

XMMd4MV.jpg

AqjADgI.jpg

A Cheyenne leader later said it was sad, watching horse soldiers shooting their own horses for cover, because they knew it was over...

Last edited: